IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My first Game Golf round. 

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/tdiii/round/966400

Shot 104 my last round at my home club (off a 14.9 index) so this was a very good round for me -- best back 9 out there yet (our back 9 is probably 2 strokes harder than the front). 

Pretty funny.  I read reviews and all these folks complaining about how they'd constantly forget to tag.  I thought, "Come on, it's not that hard!"  Luckily my playing partners kept reminding me! I must have forgotten 8 times. . .

Edited by tdiii

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/964667

Shot 72 and won the senoir flight yesterday in the Elite Golf Tour event at Smithfields CC Easley, SC

I gave you the award for winning a tournament.

I shot a 66 in BRUTAL wind conditions. I made a few more putts than what is typical… and the course is easy. It's 67.7 rated with a 121 slope. Now the wind played havoc with that, but for example, I got away with shots like I normally do. I almost topped it off the first hole (no warm-up, was just playing to let @NatalieB see the golf course before she plays it on Tuesday), and it rolled up to about 15 feet from the hole. I thinned another club later on that worked out well too.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/967503

Strokes Gained stats compared to scratch for the round:
Driving: n/a (0.0?)
Approach Shots: -3.28
Short Game: -0.15
Putting: -0.52

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Finally the putting showed up. I struck the ball OK off the tee. My irons were not solid, but serviceable. The short game was much better. I need to watch my back-swing length on full shots. I am trending towards over-swinging. I caught myself doing this on about hole #7 tee shot. I made an effort from then on to feel like my swing was 2/3rd length. I had a few erratic shots where I didn't turn well enough, arms only swings. I had a few others were I got a bit ahead of the ball and pulled a few shots left. Contact was much better overall though. 

Beavercreek Golf Course, Black Tees, 73.3 Rating, 130 Slope

http://www.gamegolf.com/rounds/review/967517

Strokes Gained versus Scratch
Driving: -0.12
Approach: +0.26
Short Game: +0.63
Putting: -0.92

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Started off hot then fell off towards the end. A few weak wedge shots cost me two strokes and a poor bunker shot. 

The driver was a slight pull draw all night.   Just kept turning it over all night. Irons were not solid. I feel like i need a few nights of practice getting a feel for solid contact. 

image.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Played Arnie's home away from home at Laurel Valley GC today before picking up the media pass at Oakmont.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/969824

I hit a lot of slightly loose shots. Missed some short putts after stuffing a few on the later holes (stuffing = inside ten feet, not to a few feet only). But really putted well overall.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Today I played 9 holes off of my new handicap 24. I scored 21 stableford points, and thus handed in my card. Looks like it will be 23 tomorrow. That will make 6 cuts in 15 days, so something must be going right :-D

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

On 5/21/2016 at 8:34 AM, RandallT said:

Well, to be clear, I simply figured out that the left hand pane is the sum of the distances that all shots traveled. That's all I can conclude. I've got a support ticket in to discuss my handicap, and we are working through that. It'll be interesting if the number shown for the hole in the left pane is used for any calculations like handicap! I would not think it would be intentionally, as I think that number is somewhat meaningless (but of mild interest).

This par 3 below shows a hole that confirms to me that the left pane yardage is simply the total yards that all shots traveled, added up (not the length of the hole). It played about 145 yards this day, I think. I used 8-iron, so it wasn't over 150, I'm sure.

Screen Shot 2016-05-21 at 8.17.58 AM.png

Yet add up the lengths of the shots, and you get the magic 244yds shown on the left. A bit deceiving, in that you might think I played a monster par 3 there.

The Game Golf scorecard still shows the correct yardages on the official scorecard. (150ish for this hole). 

FYI: I didn't hit the 8-iron 185yds, that's a drop zone (and someone on another thread pointed out the drop zone was incorrect. I actually plunked the tee shot into the water.

For what it's worth, Game Golf has "fixed" this feature above where the yardage for each hole was the sum total of all the shots. Here is this same hole today (no edits to the round):

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 11.42.33 PM.png

The yardages now appear to be what they have calculated from the tee marker to the pin location. I think this is great, as you can see at a glance on the left pane how long the hole actually played that day- not the sum of all your shots.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Weird round today,  long stick was not cooperating, had plenty of distance (new long drive that went 300+)  but I had some funky launch angles where I just bombed it straight at the woods.    The tees were way back from the last few times and pretty sure I lined up funky (as the path ways just slight push or pulls). 

I think I also hit every dang greenside bunker on the course.   Club selection was much better and sans for one complete fat shot, most went what I was looking for. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/101101A/round/974255

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/978774

Played a new course and shot 92, which is an impressive feat for me. Not a long course, but difficult in many other ways: small greens, elevation changes, blind shots. Course is tight and very penal if you spray the ball; I got away with a lot of errant shots due to extensive experience navigating trees ;-) 

I really feel like I scored a lot better than I played, but I think I'm just getting better at advancing the ball, making good choices when I do end up in trouble, and improving overall around the greens. Being lucky helped, too; there were a number of times where I found my ball just short of being OB which saved a ton of strokes.

Overall I liked the course, minus the blind shots. Fairways and greens were firm and I'm told they are like that all the time. I'll have to be more selective of what club I use to tee off on which holes the next time I play.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Not a horrible round, struggled with the driver again though. Had 3 major mistakes, low runner 3 wood on 1 that went in the water, an OB off the tee on 2, and a bladed wedge OB on 4. Just a horrible time to blade that wedge since OB is only about 15 yards long of the green. The OB was not so much a mis-hit as I lined up for the fade I have been hitting + wind push and ended up hitting a straight pull that landed just OB. So, that's 5 of the 9 over, the rest was mostly just misjudged distance/wind and missed putts. I'm not at all upset with the score because I hit some really really nice shots.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/991555?hole_id=25053908

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/JonMa1/round/991534

Strange round this afternoon. Had one blow up hole and some early putting problems, but had a good stretch of pars and a birdie once the putting starting to come around.

Enjoyed better distance and control with the driver and woods. Other than the blowup hole, had a couple duffs that were inexcusable to go along the dreaded 3-putts. The greens on this course are bigger than those of my home course - which allowed for easier GIR but left longer putts. They are also the slowest greens of all the courses I play. Too many lag putts came up woefully short.

Jon

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/991128

Crappy course around here, but @NatalieB has a tournament there on Tuesday so she wanted to see the course for the first time. Shot 69. Course rating is 69. No good lies to be had anywhere, really, and the greens are about a 7.

http://www.gamegolf.com/rounds/review/991912

Played the white tees at Whispering Woods (70.5, shot 70). A few tee shots were uncomfortably weird as I don't remember the last time I played from there. I backed off on a few tee shots so I could not hit it into areas I didn't know about much. Weird wind today too for WW - out of the northeast. It toyed with some shots coming up short or some others going pretty far.

Like the tee shot on 15…

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/991948

Played a league round last night. Shot 40.

Conditions are getting worse due to lack of any sort of rain the past 3 weeks. Also with the temps in the 94-99 range it is getting crusty. 

As far as the round goes, left myself in some bad positions on the greens and ended up three putting. Drove it okay.

I would totally suck if I had to play British Open condition courses. :-(

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/998570

Shot a 99 at a difficult course (72.6/132).

The driver was awful - I only hit two fairways.  I did sink a nice 25-foot downhill breaker...for a 7.  And, I got up-and-down on 18 to at least not shoot 100.

Blech.

- John

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/coachjimsc/round/999248

Played at The Preserve at Verdae yesterday. Very nice course that was part of the webcom rotation of courses from the BMW event last month.

Shot 78. Hit lots of fairways and had 13 GIR. Putted terribly. Greens were a little slow and good players adjust, I did not. Was either short on approach putts or way long.

3 three putts, no birdies.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1000939

9 over - Great for 16 holes, abysmal for 2. Didn't know the course at all and so I was really pleased with the three birdies, but a misjudged tee shot (I took a 4 when a 6 would have pushed it) on the semi-blind 4th and two drives that were only about 5 yards away from being good on the 5th really killed any momentum. Still, I didn't play particularly well and it was only really the short game and wedges that kept things ticking over. Progress, but work still needed on the driving for tighter tracks like this.

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I call this round, the night of bombs and blades. Bombing drives and blading wedges rofl. To be fair, I did blade a 9 iron too. I'm not too fussed about it, I was just playing with a woman I work with and working on my priority piece and having fun with the new flop shot while on the course. 10 over 46, not the greatest score but enjoyed being out in the nice weather.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1004091

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

So I've started to realize that GG isnt too accurate at gauging fairway accuracy lately. Is there a simple button or anything to push to say the ball landed on the fairway despite GG not saying so. I dislike having to drag my ball to somewhere else on the course to indicate the fairway hit.

Note: This thread is 1033 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!