IGNORED

Post Your GAME Golf Rounds

mvmac
Note: This thread is 995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Hardspoon/round/1067768

Ugly round, with a lot of poor shots off the tee.  Just never hit the driver well.

Did have a few really good recoveries and approach shots.  When I did hit even decent drives, good things would happen:

Capture.JPG

Pulled a drive a bit left (and short), but hit a solid hybrid to advance it, and nailed a lob wedge to about 6" for the tap-in birdie.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I played today.  First round with the game golf at my hip.  Tagged and heard the beep, felt the vibration each time.  After the round, I got home.  Somehow on my phone, it said I had two rounds in the device.  Fine.  I upload them.  Now the phone says I have 0.  And I go to my profile through the web, nothing.  Nothing signed, nothing unsigned.  Is there a delay I need to know about?

I think I'm going to go run an errand and come back and check?  How long does it typically take after you upload for it to appear?

Edit this is new.  Poking around a bit, checked out the device I'm connected to, it somehow still has 2 rounds in it.  So I'm going to download those... to my phone I guess?  Hopefully I eventually get to post this round.  I had a birdie and I really want to see which shots contributed the most to it.  And also which shots contributed to my four doubles and my triple (I think I know though). 

Edit 2 I might be going for Drew's title with respect to tech.  It's now online and I'm possibly an idiot.  Will review and sign.  It says I scored one better than I know I did, so something's off. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

11 minutes ago, Shindig said:

So I played today.  First round with the game golf at my hip.  Tagged and heard the beep, felt the vibration each time.  After the round, I got home.  Somehow on my phone, it said I had two rounds in the device.  Fine.  I upload them.  Now the phone says I have 0.  And I go to my profile through the web, nothing.  Nothing signed, nothing unsigned.  Is there a delay I need to know about?

I think I'm going to go run an errand and come back and check?  How long does it typically take after you upload for it to appear?

Edit this is new.  Poking around a bit, checked out the device I'm connected to, it somehow still has 2 rounds in it.  So I'm going to download those... to my phone I guess?  Hopefully I eventually get to post this round.  I had a birdie and I really want to see which shots contributed the most to it.  And also which shots contributed to my four doubles and my triple (I think I know though). 

I'm not sure about the uploading issues, since I don't use the phone app (I just upload to a computer, and I've never had a problem) - but if you find out that for some reason it "split" your round into multiple rounds, just e-mail Game Golf and they'll fix it.  It happens once in a while.

- John

Thanks, @Hardspoon.  That wasn't it but I appreciate it just the same.

Round is uploaded and signed.  Now to see if I win the contest. :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cleverpiggy/round/1060067

My first game golf round that worked.  Sort of.  I tagged about 80% of my shots and did some editing.  It was difficult to remember if I ever found myself in trouble and trying to figure out how to play it.  I was amazed that it accurately captured the direction and yardage on some of the shots I forgot to tag.  It actually got some of the clubs wrong when it did that, so I wonder what kind method it uses.  It was a very slow day and we chipped around the tee boxes while we were waiting and it didn't count any of those shots.  Very interesting.

Just a small muni near where I stay in L.A.  Not a bad round.  Several thin and toey shots that didn't hurt me much.  It was just a fun round with my girlfriend but I have to remember how bad it is to flare a left driver on 18.  You need a super high shot over the bunker to hold the green and it will bounce OB if you go just a bit to far.  I screwed that shot up twice then took two to get out of the footprint filled bunker.  Surrender, I'm finally convinced to play an iron way right.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, allenc said:

It actually got some of the clubs wrong when it did that, so I wonder what kind method it uses.

It uses a gyroscope to detect hip motion like a golf swing and "tags" a shot and guesses at the club for you.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1070406

I shot a 45! On 12 holes. :-) They blew the siren to come in for an impending thunderstorm as we were on the 12th green. I slapped a putt toward the hole mostly because it was toward the cart and it went in. ;-) Wanted to show @NatalieB the course as she has an EDGA event there tomorrow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/shanneken/round/1067995 (Personal best through 9!)

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/shanneken/round/1068607

Not a bad second round, and much better than I was expecting for the course.  My distance putting felt off but this course (first time playing it in years) has a lot firmer greens than I'm used to putting on.  I had the lines right, but I wound up putting my putts farther past the hole than I am used to and seemed to throw away a lot of shots because of that.  Overall my driver was behaving much better, had to work on getting my weight farther forward every swing.

It was after I received LSW this last week and reading through that when I saw the chart of what handicaps do well with how many of the 5SK are mastered and I knew where I was handicap-wise so I went back to the basics and I was hitting it so much better throughout the round than I had before.  Slowly getting closer to my overall goal of being a single digit handicapper...

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

• Administrator

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/iacas/round/1074402

Let me describe my round with a little bit of PHP…

for ($i = 1; $i < 19; $i++)
{ 
	echo "Hole $i: Par." . "<br />";
}

So… yeah. That happened.

I only had to get up and down two or three times. The bunker shot on 15 mattered a lot to me… the sand was lousy, wet, thick, etc. The putt mattered, I should say. Nugget had putted from a similar but longer line, so I had the read.

My first tee shot, and second (heel thin) 3W… on that hole… I blame on my contacts. I topped it. :-) It takes me awhile to adjust to the different depth perception (of close-up things) when I wear contacts instead of glasses. (Contacts so I could wear my sunglasses.)

But I only made mistakes on a few holes, and some of those (like #1 and #10) I didn't pay for. After missing a shorter birdie putt on #10, in fact, I almost hoped to keep making pars instead of birdies just to keep the streak going.

Anyway, a reasonably good round. A lot of wind particularly once we got to about the seventh hole. The morning was relatively calm. Picked up quite a bit around 7, 8, 9 and got stronger from there on out.

round_stats.png

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/okzm0axzmv

Note to self, the new revving move is not playable yet. Lots of big lefts. I need to work on this more. I was over doing it a bit.

My short game cost me 5 strokes in the first three holes. 

I lipped out two really good putts. Slight under reads. 

I slightly sprained my ankle on hole 1. It doesn't hurt, or didn't hurt to swing. I felt it roll over. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/jeremie/round/1076771

4 strokes penalty for lost balls and still shot +6. Preshot routine was good tonight, need to remember to use it next time I'm out to see if it's something that will be good to make a permanent thing. Putting looks good stats wise but only because 2 putts were from off the green so they don't factor in. Speed of putts was bad, line of putts was good. It's getting close to time to look into that putter fitting. Fairways % was good, GIR wasn't bad. Overall a good night and positive outcome from all the work at the range.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I played a round over the weekend at Monarch Beach Golf Links and tried to record it.  Although I specifically selected Monarch Beach from the drop down menu, when the round was over I was presented with an unfinished round of 74 strokes on the first hole of nearby El Niguel Country Club.  Hmm.

Well I was able to make today's round at Westchester work.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cleverpiggy/round/1076422

Similar stuff to the previous week's round.  

Made 17 nGirs :-) but it's a very easy course :8)

Took four strokes to get down from just off the green on two holes :-(.

Game Golf counted shots from the rough and 15 yards off the green as putts if I use my putter.

I usually didn't tag tap ins until after I hit them.  Maybe that's why Game Golf counted them all as 3-15 foot putts.  I've been using the putting tag as a ball marker because it doesn't fit into my putter.  Not the best system :hmm:.

Consequently it thinks I need to work on my putting.

It's saying my GG handicap is 5.9 even though my two rounds' differentials were both double digits.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, allenc said:

I usually didn't tag tap ins until after I hit them.  Maybe that's why Game Golf counted them all as 3-15 foot putts.  I've been using the putting tag as a ball marker because it doesn't fit into my putter.  Not the best system :hmm:.

You can cut off the end if it's a counterweighted putter or something, and glue or stick it on to the butt end.

I tap near the hole for tap-ins.

1 hour ago, allenc said:

It's saying my GG handicap is 5.9 even though my two rounds' differentials were both double digits.

GG counts only course yardage for the handicap. It's close, in my experience.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/101101A/round/1076736

Meh, 4 triples.  Each time I got into trouble and couldn't get out of it.  Either off the tee or just going bananas with thinking in my head. 

New course to me but it was fairly easy to follow and not a lot of hidden gotcha's (other than the water on 10.)   Thought it was odd so many divots in the tee box but it was a hike to the cart so I swung away like an idiot.   Rolled right on it. 

Finished strong.  Solid drive,  hooked an 8 iron OOB, stuck my second 8 iron to about 4 feet and putted in the for the par.    

Using the limited backswing from my last evolvr lesson seems to keep me in a better plane,  I keep leaking right which is what we're current working on but it seemed I got bit more solid contact consistently,  still working on trying to get right club for right distances and I could probably do club I think I should take + 1 each time. 

Nice round of golf after my lesson. Some stuff stuck well ?

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/01H1A3wsrv

image.png

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/1080660

Could have scored better, but couldn't buy a putt. Burned the edges of more than a few, didn't really get the greenside shots to tap-in distance either which didn't help. Ended up with 39 putts and 0% scrambling.

Funny, at the time of the round, I thought I was hitting it pretty poorly since I didn't put any pars on the board until the back. I struggled some off the tee but how bad could I have possibly been hitting it with 7 GIR?

Just want to add that the greens were slow and didn't break much, which threw me off all day. Not sure if it is due to all the rain recently or the greens just are slow here, but my partners did mention this course typically has slower greens compared to the rest of the county. Not a fan.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/ChilliDipper/round/1088220

A disappointing round. I shot 95, but my short game was dreadful. Plus, there was a rain delay at the ninth hole (went straight to the tenth tee after the delay; what you see on the screen is just to fill the correct number of strokes I took), and I went double-triple-double-double on the first four holes after that.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Played yesterday from the Black Tee's.  We decided to try something different since we are out of the playoffs.  Pretty much screwing around.  However, shot really good without hitting a fairway :-(.  Missed everything right, however recovered very well.  Shot a 45 with a blowup on the 9.  Took an 8 after putting two in the water.  Hit the pin on 3 from 172 out dropped it about 15 feet.

I was striking the ball really good with every club other than my driver.  Hopefully, my fitting on Saturday will help with everything driver related.  Every shot was heely and a lot of spin.

Overall, very please with my game yesterday.  Need to work on the driving.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Duby27/round/1089812

Note: This thread is 995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!