IGNORED

Adrian Peterson Indicted On Child Negligence

RJH999
Note: This thread is 3488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Paul Pierce plays basketball, so he's definitely not taking Rice's position.  Bernard Pierce might, but Rice still has some good years left, don't base your decision on last season when he was injured.

I dunno. Paul Pierce is 6'7" and built kinda like a running back. He could probably put up better numbers than Bernard Pierce's 2.9 YPC last year. ;-)

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11543234/minnesota-vikings-admit-mistake-bar-adrian-peterson-all-activities

Quote:

Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn said he didn't think the decision was fair, adding his mother disciplined him the same way and that he didn't see anything wrong with what Peterson did.

"I don't think it's fair at all. I really don't," Munnerlyn said. "That's my personal opinion on it. I don't think it's fair at all. I think he should be able to play. He hasn't been convicted of anything. All these allegations or this and that, pictures out, but he hasn't been convicted of nothing.

"With crimes and stuff, you're innocent until you're convicted guilty and I don't think he's guilty of nothing yet. I think he should be able to play football. I really don't get it. At the end of the day I know they came up with the decision, but I really don't get it. I'm just going to stick to playing football and do what I know."

Yes.. I think you should just stick to doing what you know, and I am just hoping that you don't bruise and lacerate your kids (if you have any) the way AP did his.. since you see nothing wrong with what AP did to the " 4 Y/O " you just entered my potential low life scum bag list (until it comes out that you really do beat your kids the way AP beat his that is)!

Quote:

"When you whip those you love, it's not about abuse, but love," Jackson said. "You want to make them understand that they did wrong."
"My son is not a perfect man by no means, but in the end I'm proud to be his mom," Jackson said in the interview with the Chronicle. "For the most part he is trying hard to be a good parent, he's working at it. People are judging him, but they don't know his heart. This was never his intent."

We understand, it makes total sense to me now Mrs. Peterson.. I am on my way to the woods right now to pick out some beauties so that I can start showing my 4.5 y/o / 2.5 y/o & 11 month old how much I love them! :doh:

I think it is time for you to pull out the old stick you used to use on him and show him how much you love him, to make him understand that beating a 4 y/o on his back, leg, and private areas is just not acceptable even if mama used to do that to him!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

[URL=http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11543234/minnesota-vikings-admit-mistake-bar-adrian-peterson-all-activities]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11543234/minnesota-vikings-admit-mistake-bar-adrian-peterson-all-activities[/URL]

Goodell is going to demote him down to Lieutenant Munnerlyn for that insubordination.

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Must be something in the NFL water, here's another one;

Quote:
Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer has been arrested on assault charges, including aggravated assault and preventing someone from calling 911, it was revealed Wednesday evening.

Arizona Cardinals running back Jonathan Dwyer was arrested today on domestic violence allegations following an incident with his wife.

Phoenix police confirmed Dwyer's arrest , and said he was booked on charges including aggravated assault causing a fracture, aggravated assault involving a minor, criminal damage, and preventing the use of a phone during an emergency.

I find it hard to believe that suddenly every NFL player has lost it and started beating their SO and kids, so what's up?  Was this stuff not being reported to the media in the past (aka cover up) or is there a real problem in the NFL suddenly?  Seems like at least one or two per week, by the end of the season there won't be anyone left to play.

Joe Paradiso

Must be something in the NFL water, here's another one; I find it hard to believe that suddenly every NFL player has lost it and started beating their SO and kids, so what's up?  Was this stuff not being reported to the media in the past (aka cover up) or is there a real problem in the NFL suddenly?  Seems like at least one or two per week, by the end of the season there won't be anyone left to play.

Maybe they should just shorten the seasons to 10 games to be safe. That way everybody is covered since it seems like that's where it's headed anyways. ;)

Must be something in the NFL water, here's another one; I find it hard to believe that suddenly every NFL player has lost it and started beating their SO and kids, so what's up?  Was this stuff not being reported to the media in the past (aka cover up) or is there a real problem in the NFL suddenly?  Seems like at least one or two per week, by the end of the season there won't be anyone left to play.

[quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/77146/adrian-peterson-indicted-on-child-negligence/120_40#post_1056420"] Maybe they should just shorten the seasons to 10 games to be safe. That way everybody is covered since it seems like that's where it's headed anyways. ;)[/quote] Well it's domestic violence is contagious. It is an epidemic.

Riley

Cover up is possible. I read something about NFL spouses lives. It seemed to indicate that many players were abusive. I just didn't know it was this bad. They should let the players fight each other off season to let them get their aggression out. Televise it too!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

They should let the players fight each other off season to let them get their aggression out. Televise it too!

I'd say just go back to letting the players hit each other on the field so they don't have to hit their wives/kids. :whistle:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I'd say just go back to letting the players hit each other on the field so they don't have to hit their wives/kids. :whistle:

I like it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

From The Onion .  http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-adrian-peterson-deactivated-by-family,36947/

Quote:

BREAKING: Adrian Peterson Deactivated By Family

MINNEAPOLIS—Following mounting allegations of child abuse against the six-time Pro Bowl running back, sources confirmed Wednesday that Minnesota Vikings star Adrian Peterson has been officially deactivated by his family. “In light of the current situation, we have decided that the best course of action is to have Adrian abstain from all family-related activities indefinitely,” read a statement from the Peterson family, which went on to say that the 29-year-old could potentially be reinstated by his wife and two children if and when he is cleared of any criminal charges. “The ban will entail that Adrian no longer take part in any family gatherings, as well as prohibits him from contact with close relatives during this time. While we sincerely hope that he can resolve his issues, we are also very confident that the Peterson family can function incredibly well in Adrian’s absence.” At press time, sources close to the situation confirmed that fellow Vikings running back Matt Asiata would be assuming all of Peterson’s fatherly duties for the foreseeable future.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

:-D

LOL

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

I'd say just go back to letting the players hit each other on the field so they don't have to hit their wives/kids.

Even though I know you're being tongue-in-cheek, there's something to that statement. NFL football players for the most part are young men, who are usually amped up in the first place, who have spent the greater part of their life beating the snot out of other people, and they owe their generally exorbitant financial success to their ability to do it really, really well. There has been lots of cover up in the past. I know people who know that for fact. It's almost unbelievable this conversation hasn't taken place before.

I don't condone the behavior of these guys who are truly child or domestic abusers, but I'm not surprised by this apparent "epidemic" right now (just learned that the AZ Cardinals are suddenly screwed because RB Jonathan Dwyer is gone due to an abuse charge and their starting RB is barely walking right now. Maybe we can coax Barry Sanders out of retirement). It's tough to spend 2-3 hours a day in a weight room inflating your muscles, a couple more hours beating the snot out of people, and then getting cheered by millions of people once a week to do it live on game day, and then be a calm, sensitive person on off days. Now that these few fellas have had their violent outbursts showcased to the world, lets see which ones learn from their mistakes.

@ @mmoan2 I couldn't disagree with you more. From what you wrote, how can there be thousands of College and NFL players who are great guys with great families and never had any problems with the law? They lift weights and hit hard every game too. Hell, I played college football and did MMA and I'm a physician now. Playing a rough sport hardly gives an excuse to beat a child or knock out a woman. These guys are low life thugs. Period. They don't care about life or people. They are horrible people who get millions of dollars to play sports people love to watch. There are those who were just born evil and those who grew up in an environment catering to violence and criminal behavior. It's too bad America is so obsessed with football because the only way to keep these violent criminals away is to simply not watch the games when they play. AP, RR. Dwyer should all be permanently removed from the NFL and left for broke. They don't deserve to make 20k/year much less millions.
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

@mmoan2

I couldn't disagree with you more. From what you wrote, how can there be thousands of College and NFL players who are great guys with great families and never had any problems with the law?

They lift weights and hit hard every game too. Hell, I played college football and did MMA and I'm a physician now.

Playing a rough sport hardly gives an excuse to beat a child or knock out a woman. These guys are low life thugs. Period. They don't care about life or people. They are horrible people who get millions of dollars to play sports people love to watch.

There are those who were just born evil and those who grew up in an environment catering to violence and criminal behavior.

It's too bad America is so obsessed with football because the only way to keep these violent criminals away is to simply not watch the games when they play.

AP, RR. Dwyer should all be permanently removed from the NFL and left for broke. They don't deserve to make 20k/year much less millions.

I didn't say that it's an excuse to do it. You are a respectable, responsible person who does things the right way. You are not everyone. I don't even want to go into the background of these guys in their childhood, but it appears that AP's mother raised him to believe that physical violence is ok toward a child. I think that a culture of violence will bring out violent tendencies in certain people. There's no calculus to determine if x factor + y factor = violent person, but people are wired differently and myriad factors go into who they are and how they act. Add more violence into the equation, and you will likely get more violent behavior. Not for everyone. Not even for the majority. But more.

I also don't believe in someone being born evil. We'll never settle that one here because it's a philosophy/psychology debate, but you'll never turn me on that one. I spent 4 years as an undergrad studying it, so I'm entrenched.

Instead of such ire being heaped upon Roger Goodell and the NFL, why don't people picket outside of the Atlantic County DA's office - which granted Ray Rice a slap on the wrist sentence - and let the criminal justice system put him in jail? You can't play football in jail. I understand we live in a world of at-will employment generally, but I'm never a big fan of an employer acting like the morality police. Never watching the NFL again because some bad apples act like jerks doesn't make sense to me. The NFL is in the business of producing a sporting event.

I'm also not going to pass judgment on people based on a few CNN stories I've read. I I know more about AP than RR, and from what I've read I don't have much respect for him as a person, but the others I only know about because I watched them on Sunday and read CNN in the past few weeks. I think RR should be in jail, but maybe in ten years he will be a changed man. The whole world seems to have gone fire and pitchforks.

@mmoan2

I couldn't disagree with you more. From what you wrote, how can there be thousands of College and NFL players who are great guys with great families and never had any problems with the law?

They lift weights and hit hard every game too. Hell, I played college football and did MMA and I'm a physician now.

Playing a rough sport hardly gives an excuse to beat a child or knock out a woman. These guys are low life thugs. Period. They don't care about life or people. They are horrible people who get millions of dollars to play sports people love to watch.

There are those who were just born evil and those who grew up in an environment catering to violence and criminal behavior.

It's too bad America is so obsessed with football because the only way to keep these violent criminals away is to simply not watch the games when they play.

AP, RR. Dwyer should all be permanently removed from the NFL and left for broke. They don't deserve to make 20k/year much less millions.

So if they don't deserve to make $20k a year, which is about $9/hr, what do they deserve? Why don't we just shoot them and use their bodies for bird food? I guess rehabilitative justice has no place in your book. I would like nothing more than for Ray Rice to receive a more stringent sentence meted through the criminal justice system, come back to the NFL in maybe four years, and play really well while at the end of his body's ability to produce as an NFL-caliber RB while remaining free of incident. So many people these days have left redemption out of their vocabularies. What's funny is that I watched a documentary about a month ago where Ray Rice spent several days a week meeting with a bullied kid to try and instill pride and respect in the kid. My wife and I couldn't believe that the same guy showed up on the news a few weeks later for this incident. It didn't seem like the same guy. To say "these guys are low life thugs" like the definition of thug is as pat as that of a simple noun like telephone makes things seem pretty black and white. You're a doctor, huh? So if someone wrongly accuses you of malpractice some day and you lose in court and are stripped of your license, do I get to call you a lousy doctor, or a victim of circumstance?

• Upvote 1

If it was because I beat a child or slugged a woman and dragged her like a piece of meat? Yep. You can call me a lousy a Dr. and a horrible person. Rehabilitate? LOL! Boy are you in La La Land. Yelling at your wife and being short tempered is grounds for counseling. Beating a child with a stick or having it in you to knock a woman to unconsciousness is not a subject for rehabilitation. I've spent years and years around those kind of people. They are not capable of rehabilitation. You're probably one of those PC lifers who have succumbed to media filled world of nonsense. Your argument made no sense at all. Beat a child? Knock out an unarmed female and you say give him some happy face classes and let him be a millionaire in a few years ? I hope you don't ever sit on a jury.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 3488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!