IGNORED

Guy told me to go " F" myself at the driving range last weekend.

madolive3
Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So does the OP.-Why would you get within 6 inches of a guy?-Seems childish and a good way to get decked. Just let it go.

Agreed.  Golf is a gentleman's sport.  And a gentleman never accuses another of not being a gentleman.

I'd prefer to not play with either the gentleman OP or his gentleman range buddy.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.  Golf is a gentleman's sport.  And a gentleman never accuses another of not being a gentleman.

I'd prefer to not play with either the gentleman OP or his gentleman range buddy.

While I agree with the general premise of your statement, I don't the "buddy" really applies. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

BTW, I have been threatened to be decked (face punching he called it) by a really big guy. I was .....very scared. If I had not known it before, I was certainly reassured of it then, getting decked is very bad...insults...not so bad.

Most of these tough guys are really cowards underneath it all.

I'm a big guy (at least a head taller than everyone around me for all of my life); football and wrestling as a youth. I'm also very laid back. Consequently, I've had few physical confrontations.

The few times I've had someone "get in my face," when I stood up and they suddenly found that they were "in my chest" well, let's just say it amazing how quickly an angry a-hole can suddenly start acting all civil and even tempered.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

BTW, I have been threatened to be decked (face punching he called it) by a really big guy. I was .....very scared. If I had not known it before, I was certainly reassured of it then, getting decked is very bad...insults...not so bad.

I'm a big guy (at least a head taller than everyone around me for all of my life); football and wrestling as a youth. I'm also very laid back. Consequently, I've had few physical confrontations.

The few times I've had someone "get in my face," when I stood up and they suddenly found that they were "in my chest" well, let's just say it amazing how quickly an angry a-hole can suddenly start acting all civil and even tempered.

I can assure you, this guy was/is not.

He was still very intimidating even while wearing a purple sweater.  Not someone I would ever mess with.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Bigger they are, harder they fall. Google Sven Struver getting knocked out. Crazy. Lots of big dudes can't fight cuz they've never had to. In my experience, look out for the little guys.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

This is generally true, but I guess the running joke is about . . .(see below)

He was still very intimidating even while wearing a purple sweater.  Not someone I would ever mess with.

Oh yeah, I had no idea who you were talking about. @Golfingdad is relatively tall at something like 6'3" or 6'4", but he's big . I'm about average height and weight for my age (5'10.5", 195) but two of me can stand behind Drew shoulder to shoulder and people would have no idea we were there. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I have no doubt he was intimidating.

But my guess is felt comfortable intimidating you, because thought if a fight broke out he would be the winner.

Rarely do these types of guys, classic bully types, get into it with someone who is likely to kick their butt, which is why I have little respect for them. Always wanting to prop up their ego by making someone smaller than them feel even smaller.

I have no doubt he was intimidating.

Definitely was!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morocco Mako View Post

But my guess is felt comfortable intimidating you, because thought if a fight broke out he would be the winner.

Probably right on both parts here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morocco Mako View Post

Rarely do these types of guys, classic bully types, get into it with someone who is likely to kick their butt, which is why I have little respect for them. Always wanting to prop up their ego by making someone smaller than them feel even smaller.

Yeah.. I don't have much respect for this guy either.  I certainly felt small when all was said and done.

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Oh yeah, I had no idea who you were talking about. @Golfingdad is relatively tall at something like 6'3" or 6'4", but he's big. I'm about average height and weight for my age (5'10.5", 195) but two of me can stand behind Drew shoulder to shoulder and people would have no idea we were there.

Yes, it's a silly running joke.  I don't even remember the context anymore.  Regardless, @14ledo81 is being silly.

In reality (not fake internet world) I am exactly like this.  I have never been in a fight (with siblings and friends on the playground as kids don't count) and there is a 99.9999% chance I never will be.  I'm a pacifist.  I've never actually had somebody "get in my face" and I certainly don't ever plan on doing it to anybody else either.

EDIT:  Ledo, you're starting to make me feel bad again because you don't sound like you're joking.

Agreed.  Not counting one or two silly incidents while playing hockey (where we were wearing big gloves and helmets) I have never once been involved in a situation where it even came close to escalating to punches.  I've never even got up in anybody's face, had anybody get up in mine, nothing even close to any of this.  And I'm 100% confident I will go the rest of my life without it happening as well.  It's childish.

It happened once with me when I was a freshman in college. I really didn't know the guy all that well, and he didn't know me, and he had been getting on my nerves for about a week. I finally got in his face about it and he backed down and apologized. Thank goodness. He turned out to be a bad dude who liked to fight and won when he did. I dodged one that day. Never again.

Bill M

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

And the reverse is true, too.   Some guys get meaner, ruder when they face another who is only 1/2 their size.   No one is going to challenge a mean looking big black dude in golf course or range even when he pisses on your shoes.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

In reality (not fake internet world) I am exactly like this.  I have never been in a fight (with siblings and friends on the playground as kids don't count) and there is a 99.9999% chance I never will be.  I'm a pacifist.  I've never actually had somebody "get in my face" and I certainly don't ever plan on doing it to anybody else either.

It shows through your posts.  Despite hiding behind our avatars and usernames, I get a sense of what a poster is like through his posts.

I fought a lot growing up in poor part of Los Angeles.  Having a quick temper didn't help either.  It has carried on to number of verbal confrontations in golf courses, none for a year now (knock on wood).  Frankly, I think I just don't have a personality to play golf.   But it is teaching me to be more patient, mingle with strangers, enjoy outdoor, etc..    Perhaps, the OP and his stall buddy are like me - a bit short tempered, and better suited for boxing than playing golf.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I fought in organized smoker fights and a few tough man contests for prizes. I never feel inclined to physically challenge or intimidate some random member of the public for anything. If someone gets in my face I am going to walk away. Fighting or getting snippy on the course or anywhere is silly.

Dave :-)

Fighting at a golf course just makes everyone really uncomfortable.

I was playing one hole where two people were really verbally going at it. They were really loud. I had no idea the human voice could convey so much volume. People about 100 yards over the island green were wondering what was happening. Even people over that hill and the barranca which is 200 yards away were also looking over. I was only 50 yards from the incident. :-(

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

@Golfingdad All is good. Just joking. I hope you know me better than that. Sorry to leave things hanging this long. Right after my last post I had a longggggg meeting.

-Matt-

Bigger they are, harder they fall.

Same goes with trees...but I'd rather try to chop down a pine than a 100 year old oak. :-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

EDIT:  Ledo, you're starting to make me feel bad again because you don't sound like you're joking.

It's all good huggy-bear. We all know you're a lover and not a fighter.

@14ledo81 keep in mind that not everyone reading this thread knows the running joke of Barney and the legend of the Face Punching. Which makes the following post pretty harsh without the context. Don't make Barney a sad Dino.

Quote:

Yeah.. I don't have much respect for this guy either.  I certainly felt small when all was said and done.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!