IGNORED

2014 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Videos in links below. I've never seen that many chili dips in one round from a Tour player, much less Tiger. Wouldn't you think he would have had plenty of time to brush up on the short game before coming back? Seems like he does this everytime he comes back from an injury --- concentrates on the long ball, forgets about putting and chipping, which is where he made all his money to begin with.

http://www.businessinsider.com/tiger-woods-chunks-chip-shots-2014-12

Tiger should talk with Strick before he heads out to play today. :-)

Looks like he uses more of the bounce than Tiger did, that would give him a larger margin for error.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't watch the sports news, so not sure if someone already did this, but I went ahead anyway. Now I'm not a Tiger hater and I think one day does not a trend make, but we need to sit back and laugh it off sometimes, so this... I threw this together quickly, I originally wanted to put cuts of the Nike commercial where everyone is driving it 300 and then when Woods leaves the range, do a fast cut of all the duffs.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't watch the sports news, so not sure if someone already did this, but I went ahead anyway. Now I'm not a Tiger hater and I think one day does not a trend make, but we need to sit back and laugh it off sometimes, so this... I threw this together quickly, I originally wanted to put cuts of the Nike commercial where everyone is driving it 300 and then when Woods leaves the range, do a fast cut of all the duffs.

Good stuff. You missed his earlier Adolf Hitler though. (2 shots in the bunker)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That was funny,. I did couple of those today :) Well one way to solve that problem is for him to just hit the damn GIR!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

That 40 second clip is kinda sad.

I'd like to see a bounce back anyway.  He's a pro.

I suspect that when a guy works a lot on full swing to accommodate a  serious set of injuries, that the other 'touch' parts of his game might suffer.

This won't take him long to relearn and fix.

Or:

One way to not have bad short chips......just put it on the green from far away....

On the flip side - Jordan is on a pretty fun roll right now.  Hope he enjoys it.

Bill - 

Just goes to show golf ain't like ridin' a bike, it's probably just rust but man his hands stop dead after contact, that doesn't usually work well.

I'm still perplexed by the # of people on here who can't face the reality that Tiger is done and isn't coming back. Spieth and Fowler are playing great and are the present/future of the game here in the States and I'm excited to see them playing so well. I think 2015 will be a great year for golf even without Tiger being a relevant part of it, I just wish the golf world could pay half as much attention to how good these young guys are, as it does to how bad Tiger is.

This tournament has a pretty good field and it would be nice to see a lot more of the other golf outside of Tiger and his mishaps. That said, Tiger appeared to get his act together (outside of the chipping) and hit every fairway on the back nine. He won't compete for the title but I expect that he will be under par by the end of the weekend.

Bill M

I really don't understand how Tiger could play this way. One duff is one thing, but he is a pro and has had these shots in a million other rounds. It is down right lame. He had stellar play in other areas but to have shots like these more than once in a round is down right pathetic. I play this crappy sometimes with my short game, and I have NO business comparing my game to a pro's let alone Tiger's. I swear it has to be a lack of motivation, commitment to the shot or hell maybe Lindsey wears him out the night before....idk...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Looked to me like he lifted his head early. But then, on the 3rd try, he stuffed it tight and also appeared to lift his head so I was a little baffled as well. I hadn't touched a club in 4 months and played last Sun. Had about 5 or 6 chips/pitches and hit them all clean, although touch was off and didn't up and down any til 16. The big difference is none of my chips were from tight lies into the grain. In fact, had 2 opportunities in that situation and decided to putt cuz didn't have the confidence to take those on. From where Tiger's chips came from, he didn't have that same opportunity. So, I guess I'd chalk it up to tight, into-the-grain, and possibly incorrect club selection (probably a 60 with little bounce).

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Looked to me like he lifted his head early. But then, on the 3rd try, he stuffed it tight and also appeared to lift his head so I was a little baffled as well.

I hadn't touched a club in 4 months and played last Sun. Had about 5 or 6 chips/pitches and hit them all clean, although touch was off and didn't up and down any til 16.

The big difference is none of my chips were from tight lies into the grain. In fact, had 2 opportunities in that situation and decided to putt cuz didn't have the confidence to take those on. From where Tiger's chips came from, he didn't have that same opportunity. So, I guess I'd chalk it up to tight, into-the-grain, and possibly incorrect club selection (probably a 60 with little bounce).

Unlike the rest of us, Tiger can just go home and work on this endlessly on his own personal chipping area. If he was just a little off it would be one thing. But my impression is that it was consistently so bad that it will be an easy fix for a guy like him.

Bill M

I'm still perplexed by the # of people on here who can't face the reality that Tiger is done and isn't coming back. Spieth and Fowler are playing great and are the present/future of the game here in the States and I'm excited to see them playing so well. I think 2015 will be a great year for golf even without Tiger being a relevant part of it, I just wish the golf world could pay half as much attention to how good these young guys are, as it does to how bad Tiger is.

He's done how? Will never win again? I disagree with that. Will never win another major? I disagree with that also.

I think it was bad technique plus poor shot choice. He hit poor shots, albeit difficult ones, when he should've just pitched them using the club's bounce. He just stuck the leading edge into the ground like a 15 hncp.

Colin P.

Classic!

I liked the part of yesterday's broadcast where they decide to takle a look at Tiger's head movement. The announcer says "Tiger has been working hard on keeping his still, so let's take a look at his head in this swing. His head is level .... his head is level .... his head is "pretty" level"

His head had dipped about 7 inches. Maybe they thought we couldn't see his head was WAY under the line they just neatly drew for us. You can't make this stuff up.

Note: This thread is 3435 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!