IGNORED

Favorite Band of All Time

iacas
Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hell yeah!!! Also shout out to those that like Maiden, AC/DC, early Metallica & Mötley Crue (just saw Mötley and Alice Cooper in Atlanta) Favorite all time Alice N' Chains Top 10: - Alice N'Chains - Carcass - Seplutura (w/ Max Cavalera) - Opeth - Sodom - Slayer - Black Sabbath - Volbeat - In Flames - Crowbar

Early Metallica meaning before the tour bus accident where Cliff died?, Nothing against Jason Newsted, but Metallica's sound definitely changed after Cliff died... On a side note, I've been listening to a shitload of Staind lately... Aaron Lewis is the best current mainstream Rock singer there is... The best down to earth storyteller though was Ronnie Van Zant... Some may have better voices, but they couldn't tell a damn story like him, in the confines of a song.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early Metallica meaning before the tour bus accident where Cliff died?, Nothing against Jason Newsted, but Metallica's sound definitely changed after Cliff died...

That's true, but And Justice.... has some brilliant stuff on it.

Colin P.

That's true, but And Justice.... has some brilliant stuff on it.

Metallica rocks, Master of Puppets was a really fun song to  play.

I also like Megadeth, Marty Freidman is unbelievable.  Hangar 18 is Wow!!!!  Maybe one of the hardest baselines I've ever played, outside of Phantom of the Opera by Iron Maiden.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

l'm old school here. Bread, Lobo, Vanity Fair, The Who, The Stones, The Wilburys, The Heartbreakers, Fleetwood Mac, Toby Keith, George Strait,  The 60s, 70, 80, and some of the 90s is all I need. The Beatles were OK. Today's stuff is just :poo: .

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Early Metallica meaning before the tour bus accident where Cliff died?, Nothing against Jason Newsted, but Metallica's sound definitely changed after Cliff died... On a side note, I've been listening to a shitload of Staind lately... Aaron Lewis is the best current mainstream Rock singer there is... The best down to earth storyteller though was Ronnie Van Zant... Some may have better voices, but they couldn't tell a damn story like him, in the confines of a song.

Yes early Metallica mainly with Cliff. Best Metallica albums in order to me: 1) Master of Puppets 2) Ride the Lightning 3) Kill Em' All 4) Garage Days 5) In Justice For All 6) Black Album [didn't care for albums Load of Crap, Re-Load of Crap, St. Crap, Death Crap, etc. :) ] I can discuss metal music, golf, and college football all day.

My top 4 are quite an eclectic mix:

B-52s

The Cars (early stuff) - I think Elliot Easton is one of the most underrated guitarists of all time.

Van Halen (both eras)

Dwight Yoakam

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Nowadays -

Radiohead

Opeth (Swedish progressive metal with death vocals)

TooL

Between the Buried and Me (progressive deathcore)

Isis (post hardcore)

Katy Perry

Among others...

What... :-\

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Is there another album out there that manages to capture the raw aggression, energy, hunger, and attitude than Appetite for Destruction??? I suggest that there is not. Early Metallica is shocking in their compositions, they had the energy and aggression but they also has that scalpel-like precision....no slop....Master of Puppets is stupid good. Nowadays - Radiohead Opeth (Swedish progressive metal with death vocals) TooL Between the Buried and Me (progressive deathcore) Isis (post hardcore) Katy Perry Among others...

Total agree. Quite possibly the greatest rock'n'roll album of all time. I like Katy Perry's Eye of the Tiger song. She has pretty boobs.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have varying tastes in music but some of you have good choices. I could hang out quite easily with @RGoosen

He is my two cents...

• Sublime- Only time I was ever really bothered by a death of someone in the entertainment industry
  • AC/DC- Bon Scott era. Powerage and Jailbreak are some great bluesy rock and roll albums
  • Tesla- sans acoustic blather
  • Rage against the Machine- Gotta love Zach's intensity
  • Blind Melon-I take the previous statement back, I was not happy when Shannon Hoon overdosed either. No Rain was an amazing album
  • GnR- before they fell apart
  • Killswitch Engage
  • Trivium
  • All that Remains

I better stop there...

Oh wait...Metallica- up until And Justice for All...I wore that album out, by far my fav Metallica album,,

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I have varying tastes in music but some of you have good choices. I could hang out quite easily with @RGoosen ... He is my two cents... [LIST] [*] Sublime- Only time I was ever really bothered by a death of someone in the entertainment industry [*] AC/DC- Bon Scott era. Powerage and Jailbreak are some great bluesy rock and roll albums [*] Tesla- sans acoustic blather [*] Rage against the Machine- Gotta love Zach's intensity [*] Blind Melon-I take the previous statement back, I was not happy when Shannon Hoon overdosed either. No Rain was an amazing album [*] GnR- before they fell apart [*] Killswitch Engage [*] Trivium [*] All that Remains [/LIST] I better stop there... Oh wait...Metallica- up until And Justice for All...I wore that album out, by far my fav Metallica album,,

Thanks man! I like most of AC/DC's music - Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, Who Made Who.... Rage Against The Machine - 1st album and Bulls on Parade Guns N' Roses- Appetite for Destruction and Use your Illusion All great music! (2 thumbs up) Although I prefer Death Metal, Doom Metal, and Thrash; I still like Hard Rock, Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Grunge, and some of the Hair Bands.

BTW...When you upload a link it says do not upload anything offensive. I guess that means we shouldn't upload wussy music like Michael Bolton, Boy Bands, Wham, and Air Supply. :)

BTW...When you upload a link it says do not upload anything offensive. I guess that means we shouldn't upload wussy music like Michael Bolton, Boy Bands, Wham, and Air Supply. :)

No Wham???  That's it, I'm out of here.

Everytime I hear a wham song I think of Zoolander where the male models are slinging gasoline on each other - Jitterbug...Jutterbug... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Hazard

Everytime I hear a wham song I think of Zoolander where the male models are slinging gasoline on each other - Jitterbug...Jutterbug... :)

We used to always sing that line as "I want a chili dog!". :-D

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

AC/DC is my favorite band of all time. I read in a great review a while back, which I found to be a perfect description of them: AC/DC is what The Rolling Stones would have been if Keith Richards had won every creative dispute with Mick Jagger. I think that's a very apt summary of them.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGoosen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Hazard

We used to always sing that line as "I want a chili dog!".

To go with that Journey song that starts "Cinnamon Gum!"

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

agree ... but I think Jake E Lee wrote the best songs.    Randy was the innovator & put Ozzy on the map as a solo act.   Zakk is pure stage dominance - never seen anybody as good live.    Gus G is technically the best of the 4 - that kid is unreal live too.

Ozzy ... dig all 4 of his guitarists equally

People can say what they want about Ozzy, but the dude knew how to find a guitar player.  All are very strong but I happened to get into Ozzy when Bark At The Moon came out so Jake is the sentimental favorite.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

People can say what they want about Ozzy, but the dude knew how to find a guitar player.  All are very strong but I happened to get into Ozzy when Bark At The Moon came out so Jake is the sentimental favorite.

Great stuff Ozzy was great and so was Black Sabbath

Note: This thread is 3137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!