IGNORED

Arccos Game Tracking Device, Looking for Input

Note: This thread is 986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Yup - that a thing with Christmas - you get stuff instead of picking out your own.  But.....She meant well and it's a pretty cool gift really.

Most places allow for exchanges. And I don't know of anyone who minds exchanges - especially if it's basically for a slightly different version of the same kind of thing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Most places allow for exchanges. And I don't know of anyone who minds exchanges - especially if it's basically for a slightly different version of the same kind of thing.

Again - Yup - I'd want an older version of the GG, I'd rather tap and keep it simple.  I might ask her where she got it to see how big a hassle.  And it's still quite a bit cheaper.

The funny thing about these systems, you don't really need any hardware at all (It's pretty much just strictly a tactile action for the benefit of the player.)  You just need the software on a phone with GPS and a little unit with 14 buttons (or a drop menu) on it frankly.  It could be the size of a key fob.  (this would be directly compatible with the GG software - just ditch the caps and put selection on the hip unit (or something much tinier) directly.)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Returned the Arccos - $260 is a lot for this.  I can get a Game Golf Live for $80 and get pretty much what I'd like.  I am a fan of data driven feedback, so I'll likely buy the GG now that it's in my head.

• Like 1

Bill - 

• 1 month later...
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:13 PM, ChetlovesMer said:

3 - I've been playing the Golf Pride CP2 Pro grips for a couple years now and love them. So, at first I didn't like the Lamkin grips that came with the Arccos sensors. Also, I've always liked to have standard sized grips on most of my clubs and a mid-sized on my driver. It took about 4-5 holes to get used to them. Especially on the driver... at least for me. 

1 - Offer a midsized option for players who like a bigger grip.

It looks like the folks at Arccos were listening to me. Integrated Arccos coming soon on a GOLF PRIDE grip near you.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:
It looks like the folks at Arccos were listening to me. Integrated Arccos coming soon on a GOLF PRIDE grip near you.

Yuck.

Same objections now as years ago when GAME did it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yuck.

Same objections now as years ago when GAME did it.

Really? hmm... I like the Arrcos integrated into the grip. Been using it a while now. As a matter of fact I just regripped with mid-sized Lamkins and transferred my sensors over.

I also like Golf Pride grips. So, for me this is good news. 

• 1 month later...

I got the sensors as a Christmas gift, and played my first round with them today. Installed the app on iPhone 6s and it worked great! Having the phone in my front pocket was not an issue. I hardly noticed it and even caught myself checking for it a few times to make sure I had it.

It only used about 20% battery life over the entire round. It picked up every shot and almost every putt. Pretty easy to go in and edit the putts and flag location. Looking forward to building up some stats and seeing what kind of guidance I can get towards focusing practice sessions.

13 hours ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I got the sensors as a Christmas gift, and played my first round with them today. Installed the app on iPhone 6s and it worked great! Having the phone in my front pocket was not an issue. I hardly noticed it and even caught myself checking for it a few times to make sure I had it.

It only used about 20% battery life over the entire round. It picked up every shot and almost every putt. Pretty easy to go in and edit the putts and flag location. Looking forward to building up some stats and seeing what kind of guidance I can get towards focusing practice sessions.

Cool, yeah, I like it too. I used it for a couple of months before I knew that the website had even more information available. Between what's on the app and what's on the webpage, there's all kinds of good data. Enjoy.

• 6 months later...

I've been using the sensors and app all year. The feedback has mostly been information that I already knew, like my full swing shots (driving and approach categories) aren't good enough, and my putting is much better than average. But it's helped me to focus my practice efforts on those areas and it's starting to make a difference. Now I'm getting the ball at least around the green in regulation, and my GIR% has gone up this year.

Since I'm almost always getting nGIR, I'm noticing that my chipping is the next thing to focus on. I'm spending more practice time on that lately, and hopefully will be able to hold on to the progress I've made in the full swing. It's been really great to get that deeper level of insight and I love going back and analyzing the rounds shot by shot afterwards. The Dashboard is also very nice.

I can think of a few ways to improve the experience. It almost always registers the shots accurately and consistently. One thing that sucked was that my sensor on my LW fell off - I hope it's in the bottom of my bag. I use that club a lot and it's been a pain to have to go back and edit most of the holes. Another bust was trying out the watch app. I found it to be slow and when I had my phone in my pocket as well, it seemed to be double booking shots.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it and will continue using the system. I'll come back at the end of the year and post some of my personal bests!

• iacas changed the title to ARCCOS Game Tracking Device, Looking for Input

I like the one I’m using...it’s a bit more reliable than GG and doesn’t really require editing holes.

Although, I do have both.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 10/7/2019 at 6:43 PM, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I've been using the sensors and app all year. The feedback has mostly been information that I already knew, like my full swing shots (driving and approach categories) aren't good enough, and my putting is much better than average. But it's helped me to focus my practice efforts on those areas and it's starting to make a difference. Now I'm getting the ball at least around the green in regulation, and my GIR% has gone up this year.

Since I'm almost always getting nGIR, I'm noticing that my chipping is the next thing to focus on. I'm spending more practice time on that lately, and hopefully will be able to hold on to the progress I've made in the full swing. It's been really great to get that deeper level of insight and I love going back and analyzing the rounds shot by shot afterwards. The Dashboard is also very nice.

I can think of a few ways to improve the experience. It almost always registers the shots accurately and consistently. One thing that sucked was that my sensor on my LW fell off - I hope it's in the bottom of my bag. I use that club a lot and it's been a pain to have to go back and edit most of the holes. Another bust was trying out the watch app. I found it to be slow and when I had my phone in my pocket as well, it seemed to be double booking shots.

Overall, I'm really enjoying it and will continue using the system. I'll come back at the end of the year and post some of my personal bests!

I switched from gamegolf after I bought the pro and it was just a wreck, it took a long time to setup, to update you have to go update each individual sensor, which takes an hour or so, it wasn't reliable at all and never worked. 

Things I like about the arccos better, is it works almost every time, the button on the app to mark the flag location, and the stats it gives IMO are better.

On 10/9/2019 at 12:05 PM, Slowcelica said:

I switched from gamegolf after I bought the pro and it was just a wreck, it took a long time to setup, to update you have to go update each individual sensor, which takes an hour or so, it wasn't reliable at all and never worked. 

Things I like about the arccos better, is it works almost every time, the button on the app to mark the flag location, and the stats it gives IMO are better.

I love the stats. Hopefully they keep improving on them. It's been a lot of fun to go in and do the post-round analysis. Also like the club recommendations based on the smart distance. The AI caddie is a little silly, and the watch app seems to need some work, but overall it's been great.

By the way, I dumped my bag and it appears that my LW sensor is lost. I think I have one extra, but that's another potential downside. Probably prefer the screw-ins versus the integral grip sensors though - how are those working for you @ChetlovesMer?

11 minutes ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

how are those working for you @ChetlovesMer?

I think the integral grip sensors are the only way to go. Okay, maybe except for the putter. 

They work great. They aren't as "fussy". And most people don't even know you are using them. 

BTW - I agree about the AI caddie... worthless in my opinion. The rest of the data you can get is awesome. It's totally fun to pour over my stats. Did you know I hit a higher percentage of greens with my 8 iron than I do with my 9 iron? I do. Did you know more of my fairway misses were to the left back in 2018 and more to the right in 2019? But my overall percentage of Fairways hit was up more than 10%. Even the course / hole history is useful, interesting and fun. Great if you want to make course VLOG videos too. You can go back and review the distances on every shot. Then put that information into your video. 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

9 minutes ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I love the stats. Hopefully they keep improving on them. It's been a lot of fun to go in and do the post-round analysis. Also like the club recommendations based on the smart distance. The AI caddie is a little silly, and the watch app seems to need some work, but overall it's been great.

By the way, I dumped my bag and it appears that my LW sensor is lost. I think I have one extra, but that's another potential downside. Probably prefer the screw-ins versus the integral grip sensors though - how are those working for you @ChetlovesMer?

I have the screw ins...   Had my Driver fall off once, and lost it.   that was annoying.  

Solved the problem by wrapping the grip/sensor connection with a piece of hockey tape.   I've actually come to really enjoy the stickiness of the hockey tape at the end of my grip.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

14 hours ago, lastings said:

I have the screw ins...   Had my Driver fall off once, and lost it.   that was annoying.  

Can a drop of glue be added? I'm considering the screw ins but don't like the loss rate. Best, -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Ping is doing a promotion with Arccos, to send out the grip sensors free if you've bought any of a number of Ping clubs:

Eligible clubs for Arccos Free Sensor Promotion

• DRIVERS
    • G410 Plus
    • G410 SFT
    • G410 LST
    • G400
    • G400 LST
    • G400 SFT
    • G400 Max
    • G Le2
    • G Le
  • FAIRWAYS
    • G410
    • G410 LST
    • G410 SFT
    • G400
    • G400 SFT
    • G400 Stretch
    • G Le2
    • G Le
  • HYBRIDS
    • G410
    • G400
  • IRONS
    • G410
    • G400
    • Blueprint
    • i210
    • i500
    • iBlade
    • G700
    • G Le2
    • G Le
  • CROSSOVERS
    • G410
    • G400
  • WEDGES
    • Glide 3.0
    • Glide 2.0
    • Glide 2.0 Stealth
    • Glide Forged

You have to sign up for the Arccos Caddie subscription to get them, but they allow a 90-day free trial before they bill you ($99/year, IIRC).  I'm not a fan of the subscription, particularly since the price seems steep, so we'll see how it goes.

I bought Ping irons as well as a wedge on the list, so I'm eligible.  GameGolf has had a less than stellar track record the last year or two, so I signed up to give it a try.

Here's the page with the details and signup information:

https://ping.com/en-us/arccos-sensor-promo

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Yeah, nothing like teasing you about free sensor's, then pile a bunch of BS in front of you in order to get them, but that seems to be the norm.

Gus
---------------

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, JGus said:

Yeah, nothing like teasing you about free sensor's, then pile a bunch of BS in front of you in order to get them, but that seems to be the norm.

Huh? I signed up and made a reminder to cancel.

My sensors arrive Wednesday.

Note: This thread is 986 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!