IGNORED

2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I swore off watching the Dubai last year. I just creeped out On a lot of things.

Creeped out on what..?  One thing I do like, is how Dougie D. announces.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You never watch anything live?

I don't watch anything live anymore either. I either DVR the whole thing and watch it later if I am on the golf course, or I DVR the broadcast and jump in to watch after 30 minutes. When I catch up and it goes live, I go do something else, anything else, for another 20 minutes, then I come back and start watching again. I do this for 100% of what I want to watch on TV and rarely ever watch a commercial.

In related news, I don't click on pop up ads on the internet either.

:-)

[QUOTE name="trickyputt" url="/t/79527/2015-waste-management-phoenix-open-discussion-thread/234#post_1101052"] I swore off watching the Dubai last year. I just creeped out On a lot of things.[/QUOTE] Creeped out on what..?  One thing I do like, is how Dougie D. announces.

I get the impression to start that large groups of players want to be elsewhere, but are there working the money. The local population seems to care less. The course is boring, yet perfectly manicured, like a gelded show horse. The buildings in the background reportedly have no sewer system. I have not felt compelled to support the groups that sponser Dubai because of the socio-economic interactions my USA and Europe have had with those decision makers effecting Dubai. I dont feel chummy about it. There is more to golf than money for me and I actually felt good about NOT watching it after reading prior posts describing what a painful viewing experience watching the Dubai could be, and it reinforced my opinion that its almost demeaning to play there. Now back to the regular topic. I probably shouldnt follow up the inevitably incisive commentary that can come from this post. Except to illuminate how incredibly stupid it seems to tamp down the fun that was being developed at the WM in the form of caddy races and other lighthearted rituals. It serves as a near perfect tourney to compare Dubai against. It has a energy Dubai does not, and cannot have.

Tom R.

TM R1 on a USTv2, TM 3wHL on USTv2, TM Rescue 11 in 17,TM udi #3, Rocketbladez tour kbs reg, Mack Daddy 50.10,54.14,60.14, Cleveland putter

Except for 3 of the 4 majors, I don't normally watch golf on TV. Yesterday I decided to give it a go, and watch what was going on in Scottsdale. I still see they have way too many commercials, way too much talking head time, and not enough actual golf being shown. From the start of my watching, I kept dozing off repeatedly in my easy chair, which of course caused me to miss some of the actual golf being played.  I guess the best way for me to watch TV golf is to just leave the game on, while doing something productive around the house, and occasionally watching a few of the golf shots as they happen, or a replay of an exceptional shot of some sort.

Perhaps today I will do some R& R on my fishing tackle while catching a few golf shots. Wait it's SB Sunday. Forget the tackle R & R. :beer:

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

This looks like it would be a whole lot of fun to watch this tournament in person, a whole whole lot more fun to play it but still looks fun to be there in person. How is this to visit in person? I'm thinking easier and more relaxed to get in as a spectator than something like The Masters. I might have to look into it and see if they allow cameras and cell phones. Might make for a nice escape from the Wisconsin Winter next year or the year after.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

I don't watch anything live anymore either. I either DVR the whole thing and watch it later if I am on the golf course, or I DVR the broadcast and jump in to watch after 30 minutes. When I catch up and it goes live, I go do something else, anything else, for another 20 minutes, then I come back and start watching again. I do this for 100% of what I want to watch on TV and rarely ever watch a commercial.

In related news, I don't click on pop up ads on the internet either.

:-)

Best way to watch golf. I've got it on live now and they've gone to commercial after three shots......too many commercials, imo - that can be FF through with the DVR.....

Best way to watch golf. I've got it on live now and they've gone to commercial after three shots......too many commercials, imo - that can be FF through with the DVR.....

If you time it correctly, you'll catch up to where you are live for the walk up to 18 green and the final putts.

Anyone else notice Matsuyama going old school with the toes pointed in while in his putting stance? Seems to me like that would create tension, but what do I know.

Great Sunday back 9 close by Koepka.

Very cool to see Koepka win. Am a 'fan' since I saw an interview with him for the European Tour. Very nice guy, choosing to play on the European Tour first because he felt like his game would benefit from it and make him a better golfer. Can never be sure if that really was the reason or he just found it nice to say, but he sounded sincere. Great guy, and congrats to him!

~Jorrit

You have?

I haven't. Not like this. Not even close.

It was pretty abysmal, but might not have been as bad as this. At that point it might've been rust and not being able to practice, while today there might be change in mechanics contributing.

As with the rest of his game, it'll be interesting to see the progress.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Congrats to 24 year old Brooks! The young guns are taking over. Brooks made the cut at 3/3 of the major he played in 2014. Including a top 5 finish at the US Open. The very first major he's played.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Brooks held it together while Laird and Matsuyama cracked under pressure.  Just looking at body language I was pretty confident Laird would choke.  16, 17, and 18 at WM have to be tough holes to finish up on.

Joe Paradiso

Wow.. He must have really been frustrated to do that. I think it was a bit inappropriate, and I can't imagine the pga appreciated someone doing that to the paying crowd even if he only meant a few people in the stands.. I guess he is just working hard to take golf to the next level.. What's mext, will he try and give the stunner to the next fan that heckles him? Maybe the rock bottom? Who knows.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Wow.. He must have really been frustrated to do that. I think it was a bit inappropriate, and I can't imagine the pga appreciated someone doing that to the paying crowd even if he only meant a few people in the stands.. I guess he is just working hard to take golf to the next level.. What's mext, will he try and give the stunner to the next fan that heckles him? Maybe the rock bottom? Who knows.

Actually, I didn't think anything of that.

Apparently it's a celebration that some WWE guy does a lot.  I don't know anything about WWE, so I don't know if it's supposed to be insulting or what, but I do know bowling, and I know Pete Webber does virtually the same thing and it's just a celebratory gesture.  Certainly an odd one, but not intended to be an insult to anybody.

Not sure what Bohn was thinking though, maybe he really did mean it as an insult, but when I saw it, because of those other guys, I didn't think anything of it.

Actually, I didn't think anything of that. Apparently it's a celebration that some WWE guy does a lot.  I don't know anything about WWE, so I don't know if it's supposed to be insulting or what, but I do know bowling, and I know Pete Webber does virtually the same thing and it's just a celebratory gesture.  Certainly an odd one, but not intended to be an insult to anybody. Not sure what Bohn was thinking though, maybe he really did mean it as an insult, but when I saw it, because of those other guys, I didn't think anything of it.

Basically it means "SUCK IT", I think it was coined by triple H, and it is a well known insult you do to taunt your opponents or others. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with him taunting the fans by fist pumping or starring them down or something similar, but you might as well give them the finger if you are going to do what you did (IMO giving the finger is a lot more civilized than what he did)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!