IGNORED

2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

with that much of head drop, I would be hitting it fat most of the time.

Looks cold in Phoenix...

I am hoping Tiger wins or at least contends on Sunday to make it interesting.  If he misses the cut, I won't be watching on the weekend.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has Tiger always had that much drop? Like what did he look like in the early 2000's?

I know Rory has a decent amount of drop too.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I think Phil is gonna have a big week.

:beer:

he has done well here in the past, but i really think that age and his RA are really starting to catch up with him.  its funny that the older he gets, the less i hate him.  his douchery has diminished as he has matured.

Phil's awesome.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Has Tiger always had that much drop? Like what did he look like in the early 2000's?

Yes

2000 US Open

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Phil's awesome.

awesome?  i wouldnt say that.  but like i said, my hate is mellowing out.

is there anyone else who can channel being disingenuous more than this guy? i mean cmon, look at that fake smile.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

heres the tee times:

TEE # TIME PLAYER NAMES
7:30 AM

CAN Graham DeLaet

USA Kevin Chappell

USA Troy Merritt

7:30 AM

USA Bo Van Pelt

USA Kevin Kisner

USA Luke Guthrie

7:39 AM

SWE Carl Pettersson

USA Shawn Stefani

USA James Hahn

7:39 AM

USA Robert Garrigus

NZL Tim Wilkinson

USA Billy Hurley III

7:48 AM

USA Bryce Molder

USA Scott Langley

WAL Jamie Donaldson

7:48 AM

USA Jason Bohn

USA Ricky Barnes

USA Martin Flores

7:57 AM

USA Ryan Moore

KOR Seung-Yul Noh

USA Zach Johnson

7:57 AM

USA Hunter Mahan

USA Phil Mickelson

USA Rickie Fowler

8:06 AM

USA Bill Haas

USA Russell Henley

USA Gary Woodland

8:06 AM

USA Matt Kuchar

USA Jason Dufner

USA Keegan Bradley

8:15 AM

ARG Angel Cabrera

USA Ken Duke

USA John Merrick

8:15 AM

USA Robert Streb

USA Ben Martin

RSA Retief Goosen

8:24 AM

USA Charley Hoffman

USA Kevin Streelman

USA Matt Every

8:24 AM

AUS Matt Jones

USA Brandt Snedeker

SWE Jonas Blixt

8:33 AM

USA Boo Weekley

USA Lucas Glover

USA Kenny Perry

8:33 AM

COL Camilo Villegas

SCO Martin Laird

USA Justin Leonard

8:42 AM

AUS Aaron Baddeley

USA Daniel Summerhays

SCO Russell Knox

8:42 AM

USA Pat Perez

USA William McGirt

USA Brooks Koepka

8:51 AM

USA George McNeill

USA Scott Verplank

USA Justin Hicks

8:51 AM

ARG Andres Romero

USA Brian Stuard

ITA Francesco Molinari

9:00 AM

KOR Sung Joon Park

USA Andrew Loupe

USA Michael Block

9:00 AM

MEX Carlos Ortiz

USA Derek Fathauer

USA Michael Hopper

11:40 AM

USA Charlie Beljan

ENG Brian Davis

JPN Ryo Ishikawa

11:40 AM

AUS Robert Allenby

ZIM Brendon de Jonge

USA Nicholas Thompson

11:49 AM

USA Chez Reavie

USA Morgan Hoffmann

USA Jason Kokrak

11:49 AM

SWE Freddie Jacobson

NZL Danny Lee

USA Brice Garnett

11:58 AM

USA Erik Compton

CAN David Hearn

USA Troy Kelly

11:58 AM

USA Kyle Stanley

VEN Jhonattan Vegas

USA Chris Stroud

12:07 PM

USA Patrick Reed

USA Tiger Woods

USA Jordan Spieth

12:07 PM

USA J.B. Holmes

AUS Geoff Ogilvy

USA Harris English

12:16 PM

USA Bubba Watson

USA Billy Horschel

JPN Hideki Matsuyama

12:16 PM

USA Brian Harman

USA Scott Stallings

USA Charles Howell III

12:25 PM

USA Chesson Hadley

USA Michael Thompson

CAN Mike Weir

12:25 PM

CAN Nick Taylor

USA Nick Watney

USA Kevin Na

12:34 PM

AUS Steven Bowditch

USA David Toms

USA Stewart Cink

12:34 PM

USA Woody Austin

USA Scott Piercy

RSA Rory Sabbatini

12:43 PM

USA Derek Ernst

USA Mark Wilson

KOR K.J. Choi

12:43 PM

KOR Sang-Moon Bae

USA Ben Crane

USA Ryan Palmer

12:52 PM

USA Cameron Tringale

USA Michael Putnam

USA Jim Renner

12:52 PM

USA Chad Campbell

ESP Gonzalo Fdez-Castano

USA Andrew Svoboda

1:01 PM

USA Brendan Steele

USA Jeff Overton

USA Spencer Levin

1:01 PM

USA John Huh

IRL Padraig Harrington

CAN Adam Hadwin

1:10 PM

USA Tony Finau

USA Justin Thomas

CAN Cory Renfrew

1:10 PM

USA Daniel Berger

USA Scott Harrington

ESP Jon Rahm

Colin P.

Hey, nice to see PHarrington in the field.  He won that tourney in Indonesia a few months back and retired to swing 2000x per day.  I guess he has it all figured out now.  Now, i'm pretty ignorant, at times, but i wonder how could anyone expect to be a great orator by reciting the  alphabet 2000x per day.

Hmm, who is Scott Harrington?  PHarrington is the only Irishman in the field, all the others in Dubai.

Hey, nice to see PHarrington in the field.

Indeed, it's also nice to see Jamie Donaldson, wonder if he's pretty much switched from the Euro Tour to PGA this year...

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Colin - why are the 2 old guys names highlighted?

Here is the pro-am lineup for today

http://wmphoenixopen.com/2015/01/star-studded-pro-am-field-set-to-tee-it-up-at-wednesdays-waste-management-phoenix-open/

Players play, tough players win!

Colin - why are the 2 old guys names highlighted?

lol, because one is my friend and the other is apparently my sworn enemy... :dance:

Colin P.

Hello Everyone,

New guy, turning 50 something. Dont get a chance to golf much anymore, bad knees and costs. Live right in the hub too in PSL...

I do follow the tour and like to join in contests... I do have a question and complaint about the tour.

First - My Picks for this week.,

You have to include B. Steele as he does well here and comes in this time off of a good finish. last 3 here are 6th, 6th, and 5th (none of these finishes were after a good week) In fact, the Humana was two weeks before the previous 3 and he had a 56th, 66th, and missed cut.

Webb Simpson

Kuchar after a dissapointing final round

Matsuyama

My question is ... Why do they make new comers suffer so much on Tee times... Especially good players off of the Web tour. Not fair - like last week most of those guys stuck at the end of the day... Just feels like it would be so hard to get to the top, once there, they make it easier on those guys...

@Quadhole Welcome to The SandTrap! Glad to have you here. Good insights on Brendan Steele, I didn't realize he had done well here recently. As to the tee time issue, it is what it is. They reward the bigger names and that's how it been for a long time. One of the perks of being an attention grabber for the Tour.

Colin P.

Hello Everyone,

New guy, turning 50 something. Dont get a chance to golf much anymore, bad knees and costs. Live right in the hub too in PSL...

I do follow the tour and like to join in contests... I do have a question and complaint about the tour.

First - My Picks for this week.,

You have to include B. Steele as he does well here and comes in this time off of a good finish. last 3 here are 6th, 6th, and 5th (none of these finishes were after a good week) In fact, the Humana was two weeks before the previous 3 and he had a 56th, 66th, and missed cut.

Webb Simpson

Kuchar after a dissapointing final round

Matsuyama

My question is ... Why do they make new comers suffer so much on Tee times... Especially good players off of the Web tour. Not fair - like last week most of those guys stuck at the end of the day... Just feels like it would be so hard to get to the top, once there, they make it easier on those guys...

Welcome! :dance:

I'm not sure what you mean by new comers suffering on tee times?  Having never played competitive golf I'm not sure what you mean by it.  Would you please elaborate for me?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Looks cold in Phoenix...

I am hoping Tiger wins or at least contends on Sunday to make it interesting.  If he misses the cut, I won't be watching on the weekend.

Yeah. I wouldn't put my money on winning or contending though. Not even making the cut. He's been out of golf for too long, and I always expect him to struggle in the early parts of the return to professional play.

He missed the green on 16th and skulled the bunker shot into the grandstand. Maybe he was trying to make someone shut up. :-D

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Anyone find a good live stream?  I am not getting along with Google today.

E: Besides the CBS stream of no. 12 and no. 16 that doesn't start until mid morning.

Anyone find a good live stream?  I am not getting along with Google today. E: Besides the CBS stream of no. 12 and no. 16 that doesn't start until mid morning.

C'mon guys, help us out with this.

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3421 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!