IGNORED

Help Pick the LSW DVD Green-Screen Background Imagery

iacas
Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

https://twitter.com/LowScoreWins/status/560856219565707264

Anything to share?

Actually, I just thought we may as well open it up to people here.

The camera shots are basically from the front of the table upward with both of us in view (and the laptop and the book). There are also isolated shots on just my chest and face and Dave's chest and face.

So what should the background be on each of the green screens? To get your wheels spinning, here are some thoughts we had:

• A golf course background.
  • All of the chapter titles.
  • A grid (like the one on the back of the book)
  • Kate Beckinsale (not really)
  • Stock imagery of whatever part of the game we're discussing at the time (driving, short game, etc.).
  • A background with a "fake" TV screen (black border) drawn in with something on it?

We'll also not be on-screen the whole time. We'll be showing charts, graphs, maps, etc. during a lot of this stuff.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So what should the background be on each of the green screens? To get your wheels spinning, here are some thoughts we had:

Great question. It should be something that attracts the viewers, is relative to the discussion, but yet does not distract. (Kate Beckinsale would definitely be out.)  I like using a classic golf hole like #18 at Pebble Beach, #12 at Augusta National, or the Road Hole (#17) at St. Andrews.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

• Administrator

Why a golf hole? What's that got to do with the topic? Surely there are things more related to the topic.

Also, the licensing and rights to those kinds of things can be a mess.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Stock imagery of whatever part of the game we're discussing at the time (driving, short game, etc.).

I think I would vote for a variation of this one.  (Yes, I know its not a poll) ;)

Like, when you're talking about shot zones or decision maps, you could have some version of the graphics from the book up behind you.  Not exactly sure how that would look since they're all black and white in the book, though.

I posted something on a different thread with a score card with a bunch of circled birdies. I think it would definitely be cool to have the chapter titles in there and a quick Kate Beckinsale shot wouldn't hurt ;).

• Administrator

I think I would vote for a variation of this one.  (Yes, I know its not a poll) ;)

Like, when you're talking about shot zones or decision maps, you could have some version of the graphics from the book up behind you.  Not exactly sure how that would look since they're all black and white in the book, though.

Probably not going to happen. Licensing issues abound, costs abound, plus most stock images will probably look like crap, etc. That was just in there to get people brainstorming. It's not a good idea IMO. That's if you're talking about "a photo of someone hitting a tee shot" or whatever. We also don't live in sunny areas where we could go film or shoot our own.

It's not a poll, you're right… I'm hoping people come up with new ideas to add here. Think, people… think! :D

The images and charts/graphs from the book will be used (some of them) throughout as well. They'll sometimes be the only thing on screen while Dave and I do voice-over work, basically.

Probably not going to happen. Licensing issues abound, costs abound, plus most stock images will probably look like crap, etc. That was just in there to get people brainstorming. It's not a good idea IMO. That's if you're talking about "a photo of someone hitting a tee shot" or whatever. We also don't live in sunny areas where we could go film or shoot our own.

It's not a poll, you're right… I'm hoping people come up with new ideas to add here. Think, people… think! :D

The images and charts/graphs from the book will be used (some of them) throughout as well. They'll sometimes be the only thing on screen while Dave and I do voice-over work, basically.

Then, honestly, maybe just something "cheery" that won't take any focus of off your handsome faces (Had a hard time writing that without laughing :-P )

Like, just a generic sunny day background, perhaps that makes you look like you're sitting at a nice driving range or something?  Like:

Why a golf hole? What's that got to do with the topic? Surely there are things more related to the topic.

Also, the licensing and rights to those kinds of things can be a mess.

Well, I said 18 of PB because even if it doesn't have anything to do with the topic, if someone were at a golf store, surfing online, or someone's place there's a chance it will catch their eye and they might be more inclined to pick it up to look at it and ask the salesperson or their friend about it or click on the link if viewing online.

I don't know anything about licensing/rights and how that works, though, so no idea about costs and the process in that regard.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

All black, Charlie Rose style! :-)

A golf course background.

A grid (like the one on the back of the book)

I think either of these would work.

"New" ideas

• Leaderboard
  • Scorecard

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I think a leaderboard or scorecard would look too busy. A golf course background doesn't.

The sun doesn't shine in Erie PA? Oh, that's right. It's winter. And it doesn't shine here very often either.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Why a golf hole? What's that got to do with the topic? Surely there are things more related to the topic. Also, the licensing and rights to those kinds of things can be a mess.

I'm hoping people come up with new ideas to add here. Think, people… think!

The golf hole might not have anything directly related to the topic; however, you do have to take the skills form the lesson to the course.

I do understand about licensing, so keeping costs under control is important.

Different idea:  How about different shots of you working with your students? I'm sure the students would be thrilled to be featured on the video and would sign a release.

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

I'd probably go with running a video of the training facility in Erie. A couple students putting, working slow, half and quarter swings. Maybe at an outdoor driving range?

Anything golf related, and don't forget the stats, for pros and amateurs.

The teaching staff, pictures, names and bio's? Might be too busy visually?

The names of the countries the book has been sold in?

Then, honestly, maybe just something "cheery" that won't take any focus of off your handsome faces (Had a hard time writing that without laughing )

Like, just a generic sunny day background, perhaps that makes you look like you're sitting at a nice driving range or something?  Like:

I do like this picture.

Brian   

Are these backgrounds still images? What about some macro photos of golf objects (ball, tee, pencil, etc.)?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I would not a have moving background or something with too much details and items. It pulls attention away from what is being said.

Picture(s) from Golf Evolution maybe? Of instruction, swing aids, range, something related to LSW.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
I would not a have moving background or something with too much details and items. It pulls attention away from what is being said. Picture(s) from Golf Evolution maybe? Of instruction, swing aids, range, something related to LSW.

We are definitely leaning toward something very very simple. Like I may have said, the grid from the cover of the book or the chapter titles very very faded or something like that. If there was a slow zoom on the background – almost so slow you couldn't notice any motion – then that would probably be better. One of the leading candidates is a tiled series of logos kind of like the background you see when they interview golfers or hockey players or football players etc.

I'd go with the grid from the cover with the chapter titles watermarked on the image.  The DVD supports the book, so there are a lot of benefits to carrying over the graphics.

Joe Paradiso

You can never go wrong with Spongebob!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3508 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!