IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="saevel25" url="/t/80501/2015-nfl-football-thread/252#post_1152434"]   One of the greatest of all time doesn't really care if Brady was part of this or not. Probably because he knows he's skirted the rules a few times as well. For as much as we like to put the greats on a pedestal. They certainly tried to skirt the rules to gain an advantage, and use their clout to influence calls to go in their favor (this is more so for baseball and basketball) [/QUOTE] Most of the penalty, IMO, was for the obstruction.  Without that I think Brady gets no more than a fine, maybe a 1 game suspension at most, IMO.  Did Montana obstruct an NFL investigation?

Ultimately, that's the issue that will probably be the topic of the appeal. Of course, if it were up to me, I'd suspend him a few games for missing the White House trip without having a darn good reason. That's just inexcusable for anyone in my book, and especially for someone who is the face of his franchise and a major face of the league. I realize there's no precedent for such discipline, but when the leader of the free world invites you, you go, otherwise you're disrespecting the office. I lost more respect for Brady when that happened than I did when we found out he's friends with Trump. [quote name="turtleback" url="/t/80501/2015-nfl-football-thread/252#post_1152677"] Great point made by @meenman , Montana and Brady are considered among, if not THE, best QBs in NFL history (I disavow his other characterization of them). And the NY Football Giants regularly beat the crap out of both of them and prevented historic accomplishments by both of them.  They prevented Montana from having a shot at a third consecutive Super Bowl in teh 1990 season and they spoiled the undefeated season for the Pats.   The NY Giants: preventing history since 1990. [/quote] It's been before 1990. Super Bowl 42 wasn't even the Giants' first time (a) losing to a team in the regular season, (b) having that team go undefeated in the same regular season, and (c) beating that team in the league championship to hand them their only defeat of the season. Can you name the other time they did this? [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]1934, Chicago Bears go undefeated, including two victories over NYG. They would go on to lose the NFL Championship to NYG.[/SPOILER] [quote name="saevel25" url="/t/80501/2015-nfl-football-thread/252#post_1152682"] NYG only went 3-2 versus San Fran from 1981 to 1990, with one truly epic beat down. So wouldn't say they regularly beat the crap out of them.  [/quote] NYG 3-2 against a team, including playoff games, in the stretch of about a decade... I'll let someone else say it.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

This happened a few years ago. Well played Tony, well played :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 3 weeks later...

The Giants Jason Pierre Paul, who is not yet signed but has been given the franchise tag, decided to have his right index finger amputated after suffering numerous injuries playing with fireworks on the fourth of July. He also has a fractured thumb on the same hand and the Giants sent a team down to see him to assess the extent of his injuries but were denied access. The Giants must sign Pierre Paul by July 15th or the franchise tag will apply and he can only sign a one year contract for $14 million. I don't know what I would do if I were the Giants but I would certainly demand to see the damage before I committed $14 million to a complete idiot (who, I will say, is a pretty good football player).

Bill M

The Giants Jason Pierre Paul, who is not yet signed but has been given the franchise tag, decided to have his right index finger amputated after suffering numerous injuries playing with fireworks on the fourth of July. He also has a fractured thumb on the same hand and the Giants sent a team down to see him to assess the extent of his injuries but were denied access. The Giants must sign Pierre Paul by July 15th or the franchise tag will apply and he can only sign a one year contract for $14 million. I don't know what I would do if I were the Giants but I would certainly demand to see the damage before I committed $14 million to a complete idiot (who, I will say, is a pretty good football player).

And here we were giving Rory a hard time... Initial thoughts is that this will have an impact on how he plays the game, I mean these guys use their fingers a lot more than one would think especially when they reach to grab the QB for example? If love to hear the opinion of a down linemen on this.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

And here we were giving Rory a hard time... Initial thoughts is that this will have an impact on how he plays the game, I mean these guys use their fingers a lot more than one would think especially when they reach to grab the QB for example? If love to hear the opinion of a down linemen on this.

I dunno. Linemen play with full casts over their hands all the time.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

So can RB's. Not in the NFL, but Elliot for Ohio State trounced Wisconsin, Alabama and Oregon with only one hand ;)

Really the only two positions I've seen have trouble with a caste are WR and QB's. Any defensive position can play with a caste on the hand.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

That's true.. Maybe it won't have that big of an impact.. It might cost him a few missed tackles or a sack here or there..

Eyad

This guy is making Plexico Burress look like a genius.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

RIP Kenny Stabler.

Said he read his play book by the light of a juke box drinking boiler makers.

Only 70's era QB who won a super bowl not in the hall.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

• 2 weeks later...

AP is Back!

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings agreed Tuesday to restructure the final three years of his contract, giving the six-time Pro Bowl running back $20 million in guaranteed money.

The Vikings announced the agreement four days before players will report to training camp, clearing away any lingering haze that surrounded their relationship with Peterson. Initially disinterested in returning to the team following his reinstatement by the NFL, Peterson softened this spring and took part in several offseason practices with the Vikings last month.

So, who is rooting for him to get back to the top of the league in rushing?

we haven't started our draft for 2015 yet, but I'm leaning towards not drafting him.

Eyad

[SIZE=22px][URL=http://news.yahoo.com/peterson-vikings-agree-redo-last-3-years-deal-172456255--spt.html]AP is Back![/URL][/SIZE] [SIZE=18px]So, who is rooting for him to get back to the top of the league in rushing?[/SIZE]

Not I.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Was holding out hope Dallas would sign him. Running game and secondary are question marks going into the season. But I'm hopeful the O-line and strong front 7 on D will mitigate those glaring weaknesses.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

we haven't started our draft for 2015 yet, but I'm leaning towards not drafting him.

He'll probably have fresh legs after sitting out most of last season. Minnesota still had the 13th best O-line in terms of moving the D-line on rushing downs.

I think he goes as one of the top 3 RB's. I doubt he'll fall. In the end he would end up leading all RB's by a large margin.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

He'll probably have fresh legs after sitting out most of last season. Minnesota still had the 13th best O-line in terms of moving the D-line on rushing downs.  I think he goes as one of the top 3 RB's. I doubt he'll fall. In the end he would end up leading all RB's by a large margin.

Yeah, I have the 2nd pick overall and the guy with the 1st was the same as the one that had to dump him last year.. So, I'm sure he'll be gone anyway.

Eyad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

AP is Back!

Not I.

Not me, either.  I have lost a ton of respect for the guy.  He causes the problem and then gets all pouty with his team?  It is about the same reason that I am ready for my Giants to move on from JPP.

You can forget about Minnesota for a few years.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

[SIZE=22px][URL=http://news.yahoo.com/peterson-vikings-agree-redo-last-3-years-deal-172456255--spt.html]AP is Back![/URL][/SIZE]

Huh. I thought the Twins were going to sign him during his NFL contract dispute. Clearly that isn't happening.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Huh. I thought the Twins were going to sign him during his NFL contract dispute. Clearly that isn't happening.

Nope.. It seems MV want to keep him one for the foreseeable future.. Although they are keeping the 3rd year as an option year where he will be 32.. But I can see him retiring as one..

Eyad

AP is Back!

Who cares if you have respect for him or not?  If he is available, you draft him.  What about all the other thugs that you draft without even thinking about it...If he is available for my 1st or 2nd pick I will take him.  I believe he comes back with a point to prove and has a pretty good year...

Note: This thread is 3004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!