IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its' 68% dropping to 25%, then rising again to 50%. I just find it strange, 1 yard drops it 40% then it starts to go back up. Something doesn't seem right. Maybe it is the way downs work or play calling.

From 1 - 2 yards out, QB sneaks and RB's jumping over the pile become options that aren't available from 3-5 yards out.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The CFL I believe the LOS on all converts is the five-yard line, they have the deeper end zone, it makes a pass play easier, but you can't get a "single" on a kicked point after unless it's drop kicked... From five yards out, it makes the running game tougher, three yards does make the difference on 2 point conversion attempts, Outside the five more teams pass on goal-to-go situations than they do inside the five...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Teams will just find some Rugby Sevens players to drop kick extra points, last I knew you can drop kick a field goal or extra point from anywhere behind the line of scrimmage...

Yes, and that's been done once in the Super Bowl era, and it wasn't so much a necessity as a coach wanting to give a legendary player a fun send-off. I think that was Doug Flutie's final snap in the NFL. I wonder if it would be worth a roster spot for someone just for PATs, no matter where they move them. Although with the current set up, I can remember exactly two missed PAT kicks, and they were both hilarious. On a related note, the AFL gives +1 point for a drop-kick on any kick -- 2 for a PAT, 4 for a FG done this way. I haven't watched it long enough to have seen this happen.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Yes, and that's been done once in the Super Bowl era, and it wasn't so much a necessity as a coach wanting to give a legendary player a fun send-off. I think that was Doug Flutie's final snap in the NFL.

:45 mark. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dUFgf8ZXrU[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[URL=http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/11/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-trade-chip-kelly]http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/11/philadelphia-eagles-sam-bradford-trade-chip-kelly[/URL] You think this is just a smokescreen from Kelly?

I think chip jelly was smoked out! Although I truly believed Bradford had potential to be an elite QB so who knows!

Call me Jason

I live in Erie, PA and love golf.

Chip Jelly? now that's a funny typo... That's like calling the Jets the Yets...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindig

Yes, and that's been done once in the Super Bowl era, and it wasn't so much a necessity as a coach wanting to give a legendary player a fun send-off. I think that was Doug Flutie's final snap in the NFL.

:45 mark.

The Pats lineman told the Miami D-line about it before the snap, something like "watch whats coming".  It was the last game of the season and the Pats did not need to win.  That is why Jason Taylor didn't go all out.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I agree with this, but you lose the ability to line up for a field goal and then trick play your way to 2 points.. I realize thatI don't happen often, but isn't that the point of the trick play?

Maybe it is a small price to pay to speed things up.. Keep the kickers though, I still like the idea of 3 point field goals!

I hardly remember this ever happening.  Sure there are fakes on FGs but extra points?  Usually the game score determines how many points to go for.

I doubt they would do something this revolutionary, but how about an interior set of uprights dividing the current width into thirds.  For the extra point the kick has to be within the inner uprights.

And if they wanted to get really crazy, on FG attempts award an extra point (ie., a 4 pt FG) if the FG try goes through the inner uprights.  If the kick hits an inner upright and bounces out they still get the 3 pts.

Chip Jelly? now that's a funny typo... That's like calling the Jets the Yets...

My usual typo on the Jests is I end up typing the Jests.  Which fits.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

And if they wanted to get really crazy, on FG attempts award an extra point (ie., a 4 pt FG) if the FG try goes through the inner uprights.  If the kick hits an inner upright and bounces out they still get the 3 pts.

Carolla, who Rich Eisen credits with increasing the height of the uprights recently, has suggested a middle prong that has no effect until a kicker makes a called shot on it -- 5 if it hits. I think his suggested details have changed, but the league has yet to make him someone who can officially suggest things, so it doesn't make a huge difference yet.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Its' 68% dropping to 25%, then rising again to 50%. I just find it strange, 1 yard drops it 40% then it starts to go back up. Something doesn't seem right. Maybe it is the way downs work or play calling.

They're not measuring the exact same thing.

The first chart is saying that you have a 68% chance of scoring a touchdown on that DRIVE if first down occurs on the 6 yard line.

The second chart is saying that you have a 30% or 18% chance of scoring on that PLAY if it occurs on the 5 yard line and its first down.

That's the part you're missing. :-P

I'm for either change in extra points.  Eliminate them and let guys take 7 and risk only 6 if they try for 8.

Or just back them up to entice them to go for two more.

Or how about this:  eliminate the kicking and the sure extra point.  Make them run a play for either one or two points, if they want one, they start at the 1, lets say, but if they want two then they start at the 4 or 5.

Mishap

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Sounds like you guys like the "Action Point"

What's in Shane's Bag?     

I wonder what Dr. Forman is gonna do without the Crypt Keeper as his Defensive Coordinator... Now I get Erik's joke about the Steelers having Omar Epps as a coach... I wonder if the players call him Dr. Forman

What's in Shane's Bag?     

The NFL banned the use of ineligible players outside the tackle box Wednesday in direct response to a tactic Belichick used in the Patriots AFC divisional-playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Belicheat thinks the NFL is out to get him. He flipped out on the competition committee this week over the use of cameras and his desire to be able to challenge any penalty. I'm guessing the only people who can stand him are Pats fans.

Bill M

The NFL banned the use of ineligible players outside the tackle box Wednesday in direct response to a tactic Belichick used in the Patriots AFC divisional-playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens.

BeliWIN thinks the NFL is out to get him. He flipped out on the competition committee this week over the use of cameras and his desire to be able to challenge any penalty. I'm guessing the only people who can stand him are Pats fans.

Other teams did it before the Patriots last fall.  Detroit for one.  It is a common play in college football and is still within the rules there and was within the rules this year in the NFL.  Not sure where you get your information, but there was no flipping out.  He does not think anyone is out to get him.  It will also impact other plays in football including fake punts.

I guess we just love always having a winning team.  He is the best coach in football, by far.  You hate him, we love him.  He will find other ways to win within the rules. He is that good.

Scott

My Swing Thread

The NFL banned the use of ineligible players outside the tackle box Wednesday in direct response to a tactic Belichick used in the Patriots AFC divisional-playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Belicheat thinks the NFL is out to get him. He flipped out on the competition committee this week over the use of cameras and his desire to be able to challenge any penalty. I'm guessing the only people who can stand him are Pats fans.

Belichek flipped out on the competition committee of the fact the NFL has billions of dollars and they can fund stupid expeditions to Europe and they wont put a few extra cameras in the endzone to help the refs make their replay call.

I think if you have replay, make sure you give the guys the tools to get the right call.

Other teams did it before the Patriots last fall.  Detroit for one.  It is a common play in college football and is still within the rules there and was within the rules this year in the NFL.  Not sure where you get your information, but there was no flipping out.  He does not think anyone is out to get him.  It will also impact other plays in football including fake punts.

I guess we just love always having a winning team.  He is the best coach in football, by far.  You hate him, we love him.  He will find other ways to win within the rules. He is that good.

Not many teams ever had a player who is usually eligible tell the ref he wants to be ineligible to throw off who and how defenders can man up and guard the player.

Belichek was with in the rules. I don't mind it, though I do think the defense has the right to know with sufficient time to get set for the play. I think Harbaugh was just a crybaby over the fact he got out moved by a crafty coach.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Belichick flipped out on the competition committee of the fact the NFL has billions of dollars and they can fund stupid expeditions to Europe and they wont put a few extra cameras in the endzone to help the refs make their replay call.

I think if you have replay, make sure you give the guys the tools to get the right call.

He made a joke last year about how there was a comment about the cost of the cameras.  He said something like, "maybe the NFL can have a bake sale or do a car wash."

I don't understand their reluctance either. How many times a year do we see goal line plays than need replay?  Every game.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I hate the Pats but give them credit for trying to win by any means possible.  The NFL rule change this week validates that what the Pats did against the Ravens was within the rules when they did it, therefore it's not cheating.  Do the Pats stretch the rules, yes, but every coach has the option to comb through the rules to find loop holes or advantages they can leverage, Bill seems to be the only one that cares enough to do it.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!