IGNORED

2015 NFL Football Thread

phan52
Note: This thread is 3000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by phan52

The NFL banned the use of ineligible players outside the tackle box Wednesday in direct response to a tactic Belichick used in the Patriots AFC divisional-playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Belicheat thinks the NFL is out to get him. He flipped out on the competition committee this week over the use of cameras and his desire to be able to challenge any penalty. I'm guessing the only people who can stand him are Pats fans.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Other teams did it before the Patriots last fall.  Detroit for one.  It is a common play in college football and is still within the rules there and was within the rules this year in the NFL.  Not sure where you get your information, but there was no flipping out.  He does not think anyone is out to get him.  It will also impact other plays in football including fake punts.

I guess we just love always having a winning team.  He is the best coach in football, by far.  You hate him, we love him.  He will find other ways to win within the rules. He is that good.

He didn't flip out on the competition committee? You appear to be the only person unaware of this . . .

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25123013/report-belichick-goes-on-profane-tirade-over-end-zone-replay-cameras

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Quote:

The NFL banned the use of ineligible players outside the tackle box Wednesday in direct response to a tactic Belichick used in the Patriots AFC divisional-playoff win over the Baltimore Ravens.

Belicheat thinks the NFL is out to get him. He flipped out on the competition committee this week over the use of cameras and his desire to be able to challenge any penalty. I'm guessing the only people who can stand him are Pats fans.

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Other teams did it before the Patriots last fall.  Detroit for one.  It is a common play in college football and is still within the rules there and was within the rules this year in the NFL.  Not sure where you get your information, but there was no flipping out.  He does not think anyone is out to get him.  It will also impact other plays in football including fake punts.

I guess we just love always having a winning team.  He is the best coach in football, by far.  You hate him, we love him.  He will find other ways to win within the rules. He is that good.

He didn't flip out on the competition committee? You appear to be the only person unaware of this . . .

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25123013/report-belichick-goes-on-profane-tirade-over-end-zone-replay-cameras

Did you read the whole article?  One f-bomb does not a tirade make.

Meanwhile, shortly after Schefter's report, PFT's Mike Florio writes that things weren't nearly as contentious as Schefter described. "Three different sources who were in the room at the time say Belichick did not engage in a profane tirade."

More from Florio: "One source said there may have been a single F-bomb uttered by Belichick while sharing his views on the league's reluctance to invest the money necessary to install fixed cameras along the sidelines and goal lines, but the source added, 'I've heard much worse in that room during discussions.'"

I suppose you agree that four extra cameras is WAY too expensive for the league to add to each game.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I suppose you agree that four extra cameras is WAY too expensive for the league to add to each game.

Just require the teams to have the cameras. The NFL made 9.5 billion dollars in 2013.

Even if the cameras were 50,000 dollars each you are looking at 0.0689% the cost of the average revenue for an NFL team.

I mean come on.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

Yeah.  The last paragraph is the most important though:

Quote:
However Belichick delivered the message, the bottom line is he's right. There's no explanation short of "Honestly, Brazil sounds like a hell of a lot more fun" that justifies the league's stance. A league, by the way, where the commissioner made $35 million in 2013, and has earned approximately $157 million from 2006 to 2013.

Let's let that one sink in a bit, shall we; many of us can agree that Goodell is one of the most incompentent buffoons in any position of a major sports league, and he's taken home 157 MILLION dollars in 8 years??!?!?!?!?!

Let's let that one sink in a bit, shall we; many of us can agree that Goodell is one of the most incompentent buffoons in any position of a major sports league, and he's taken home 157 MILLION dollars in 8 years??!?!?!?!?!

He is a buffoon from the public perspective but he must be representing the owners interests to their satisfaction given his income.

Joe Paradiso

He is a buffoon from the public perspective but he must be representing the owners interests to their satisfaction given his income.

Totally.  Pretty freaking short-sided, though, of the owners to think that the interests of the public are not, in the long run, in their best interests.  The NFL think they are invincible.

Totally.  Pretty freaking short-sided, though, of the owners to think that the interests of the public are not, in the long run, in their best interests.  The NFL think they are invincible.

The NFL know they are invincible. There fixed it for you.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The NFL know they are invincible. There fixed it for you.

Roger Goddell, needs to be removed as commissioner, if you can pass a stupid rule on eligible receivers... so be it... I think the owners can get 24 votes to oust the commissioner

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

The NFL know they are invincible.

There fixed it for you.

The owners have had it pretty easy but if last year and this year are indicators, they are due for some pain in the near future.  The social media age is making cover ups harder to get away with, each year there will be more incidents captured like Ray Rice and eventually the NFL image will be tarnished beyond repair.

Players are also getting smarter, realizing they aren't just risking their knees, back and hips to the game, they are potentially risking their mental health.  Some will stay in it for the money but I think the tide is turning where parents are guiding their kids into other activities instead of football.  The league will have to address the brain trauma issues and either significantly change the sport or potentially suffer the same fate as boxing.  The NFL just hasn't had it's version of Muhammad Ali to convince people what the long term effects of having your brains beaten on the field in can do to someone.

• Upvote 1

Joe Paradiso

The owners have had it pretty easy but if last year and this year are indicators, they are due for some pain in the near future.  The social media age is making cover ups harder to get away with, each year there will be more incidents captured like Ray Rice and eventually the NFL image will be tarnished beyond repair.  Players are also getting smarter, realizing they aren't just risking their knees, back and hips to the game, they are potentially risking their mental health.  Some will stay in it for the money but I think the tide is turning where parents are guiding their kids into other activities instead of football.  The league will have to address the brain trauma issues and either significantly change the sport or potentially suffer the same fate as boxing.  The NFL just hasn't had it's version of Muhammad Ali to convince people what the long term effects of having your brains beaten on the field in can do to someone.

The brain trauma issue has been out for a while now, so I don't think this will be an issue amongst the players. Scandals? Na, the league has had their share and people have very short term memory when it comes to watching football, it is so rooted in people's tradition. Heck, even thanksgiving as superficial as it has become is more about watching football than eating turkey at this point (for the majority anyway, forget the part about being thankful). Finally the talent part, one might say there is already a shortage of that around the league now. Just look at how many bad teams are out there? Has that impacted their product? I don't think so, because in the end it is a game of superstars and I can't imagine a day where they run out of those, since you only need about 10-15 players out of how many? When the country was experiencing a down turn people still showed up to watch too, to let off steam even at the premium it costs to go to a game.. (I've never been to a game by the way ;( ) Anyway, that's my take.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I've been watching football on television for years and they do a great job of covering plays at the goal line and end zone, especially in recent years. I'm trying to figure out what they messed up in this regard and I don't see where there is anything lacking. Belicheat just has to have it his way. Smartest-guy-in-the-room syndrome.

Bill M

Belicheat just has to have it his way. Smartest-guy-in-the-room syndrome.

Seriously?  People have got to get over the hate.  Please read the article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061258-fired-up-setting-the-record-straight-on-spygate

"On Feb. 2, 2008, the Boston Herald reported that a member of the New England Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis Rams ' walk through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI.  While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008 report on sources it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false , and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed . Source: BostonHerald.com "

"We want to address the allegation that the Patriots taped the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.  For the past three-and-a-half months, we have been defending ourselves against assumptions made based on an unsubstantiated report rather than on facts or evidence.

Despite our adamant denials, the report ran on February 2, 2008, the day before Super Bowl XLII.  That game was the second-most watched program in television history and it is unfortunate that today's news will not also reach an audience of that size.  We hope that with Matt Walsh's disclosures, everyone will finally believe what we have been saying all along and emphatically stated on the day of the initial report: " The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002 is absolutely false. "  Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue. Source: Boston.com "

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330223-the-belichick-brady-legacy-is-defined-by-wins-not-tapes-or-tucks

" As we watch Bill Belichick and Tom Brady on the precipice of yet another Super Bowl—they have already been to a staggering five, winning three—if they do advance, it should end all Spygate nonsense. There should be no Spygate nonsense to start with, but since there is, another Super Bowl should terminate all of it. Win or lose."

"I'm not a fan of Brady and Belichick, just appreciative of what they've done in this impossible salary-cap era, and cognizant of what the Spygate punishment was truly about: teaching Belichick a lesson. The NFL never believed that Spygate gave Belichick a competitive advantage. They punished him because he thumbed his nose at them. More on that in a moment."

" Spygate is the nucleus of excuse-making, particularly for some fans. They hate getting their asses kicked yearly by Belichick and Brady, so their only retort is…Spygate! Remember what Spygate was in the first place. The NFL asked all teams to stop videotaping coaching signals during games. That's the key: Almost every team in the NFL was doing it. The league sent out a memo. Belichick ignored it. That is why the league blasted Belichick. He basically told them he didn't care what they said."

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Quote:

Belicheat just has to have it his way. Smartest-guy-in-the-room syndrome.

Seriously?  People have got to get over the hate.  Please read the article.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061258-fired-up-setting-the-record-straight-on-spygate

"On Feb. 2, 2008, the Boston Herald reported that a member of the New England Patriots' video staff taped the St. Louis Rams' walk through on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI.  While the Boston Herald based its Feb. 2, 2008 report on sources it believed to be credible, we now know that this report was false, and that no tape of the walkthrough ever existed. Source: BostonHerald.com"

"We want to address the allegation that the Patriots taped the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.  For the past three-and-a-half months, we have been defending ourselves against assumptions made based on an unsubstantiated report rather than on facts or evidence.

Despite our adamant denials, the report ran on February 2, 2008, the day before Super Bowl XLII.  That game was the second-most watched program in television history and it is unfortunate that today's news will not also reach an audience of that size.  We hope that with Matt Walsh's disclosures, everyone will finally believe what we have been saying all along and emphatically stated on the day of the initial report: "The suggestion that the New England Patriots recorded the St. Louis Rams' walkthrough on the day before Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002 is absolutely false."  Any suggestion to the contrary is untrue.  Source: Boston.com"

Agree.  They sound like third graders when they say Belicheat.  They should grow up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Agree.  They sound like third graders when they say Belicheat.  They should grow up.

Right, because the pats were docked draft picks and owner and coach fined for nothing - keep drinking the kool-aid..........

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Right, because the pats were docked draft picks and owner and coach fined for nothing - keep drinking the kool-aid..........

Read the article.

"We are watching something special, not tainted—brilliant, not buoyed by tuck.

So go ahead, ask the dumb question if you want.

The rest of us will be enjoying history. - Mike Freeman (non Patriot Person)"

-Jerry

" This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us. Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make (Belichick) right, but a lot of teams are doing this.-Jimmy Johnson"

-Jerry

What he did, may not have been right, but it wasn't cheating.  That's the problem with all of the Patriots haters.. It would've been cheating if they were trying to use the signals during the game, which they weren't.

-Jerry

Note: This thread is 3000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!