IGNORED

2015 Valspar Championship discussion Thread

Silent
Note: This thread is 3247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tournament! Speith gets #2, which pleases me greatly. Might be in line for a major this year. Say what you will about Reed...dude is a stud.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Insane shot by those guys... Great tourney.

Missed on my prediction. Enjoyable tournament. Glad Tampa got a good finish again (good finishes over the last couple of years, if I recall correctly) - and a the future and now current star of the PGA tour as its winner.....Tiger never played in this tournament....maybe today's winner will continue to play the tourney out of loyalty.

Was at the tournament today. I am literally walking distance from Innisbrook and it was an awesome finish. Despite the ratings being low because of no Tiger, the tournaments this year have been spectacular. Unbelievable finishes and great leaderboards. Lot of star power up there. The last 4 weeks you've had four of the best finishes you'll see. Great stuff. Hopefully this is a pre-cursor for a great Masters because last year was a bit 'blaah'.

O'Hair really could have benefited most with a win yesterday -  kind of disappointed that he couldn't convert on his opportunity - hopefully he'll get a chance again in the future.

You know Arnie's happy about his grandson's play recently - very proud, I'm sure.

That was a really entertaining finish. Great golf all around down the stretch.

Indeed, fantastic Sunday. Congrats to Jordan Spieth. Jordan + Reed will be the two young guys that can give Rory the fits.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Took me a minute to figure out that trophy.  At first sight i was sure it was an old straight razor strop. But why?

Given the sponsor i can now see what is probably depicted.

Where/when is the Sherwin-Williams tourney?

Wow! Two douchebags and Sean O'Hair! Go Sean O'Hair!

I'll be watching Selection Sunday.

Typical for a Kalifornia attitude.

• Administrator

Typical for a Kalifornia attitude.

Uhhhh…?

I don't know what you're talking about, but I know I've heard enough of it. Thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That was a really entertaining finish. Great golf all around down the stretch.

+1.  That last chip that Reed made out of the deep rough was sick.

Great tournament.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

A lot of playoffs tis season. Great stuff. Yesterday was the best by far.

I was really pulling for O'Hair. He has a tough road back and a win would have gone a long way.

Bill M

VJ made a pretty good showing.

My kid started laughing when she saw his name - commented "really?  VJ?  Vee Jay Jay?"

I can't undo it now.   I see it every time.

"VJJ is playing a little tight today"

"VJJ needs to loosen up a bit"

and so forth

Good finish, though I don't get a great vibe from Reed (I don't like fat guys winning for some reason), but Jordan needed to make that last putt as Reed was going to hit a green at some point - impressive up and downs every time on the playoffs.  You just can't let Spieth have 3 birdie chances and keep up even with great chips and sandies.

Bill - 

Wow! Two douchebags and Sean O'Hair! Go Sean O'Hair!

I'll be watching Selection Sunday.

Wow- missed that. You really think of Spieth like that. In my opinion you just missed two of the best American players in the game to watch what? Over-hyped college basketball tournament show? Got your priorities wrong, son.

Note: This thread is 3247 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!