IGNORED

Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Or, he just needs to hit fewer shots than the other players.

Now that would do it. :beer: Assuming he made it through all 72 holes..... :-D

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Man I can't help but think of what will happen if he pukes on his shoes in the first round at Augusta. I mean there has to be some pressure to get out there from sponsors, agents, brand and Nike. and less face it we have all heard it before of how well he feels, pain free, making great progress....etc

The feeling and sentiment I have heard from PGA pros  ( not players) is its now or never with him and just making the cut will not be considered a successful turn around.

• Administrator
Man I can't help but think of what will happen if he pukes on his shoes in the first round at Augusta. I mean there has to be some pressure to get out there from sponsors, agents, brand and Nike. and less face it we have all heard it before of how well he feels, pain free, making great progress....etc

Highly doubtful IMO.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I don't understand all those people saying Tiger should do well at Augusta because he knows that course well. Hell, he knows Torrey Pines well too. Maybe better than Augusta since he played Torrey Pines since he was a kid. But look how he played at Farmers. I hope he does play the Masters as I always love to see him playing - playing well that is. But I don't think he will play the masters.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/03/extra-extra-tiger-woods-plane.html

Extra! Extra! Tiger Woods' plane is in Augusta!

By Luke Kerr-Dineen

This shouldn't come as too big a surprise given how Golf World's Tim Rosaforte predicted Tiger would play the 2015 Masters and suspected Tiger would spend some time practicing at Augusta National this week, but intrepid reporter Scott Michaux confirmed the news.

According to the Augusta Chronicle:

It seems the four-time Masters Tournament champion is working out the kinks in his game today in Augusta. A plane matching the tail numbers of Tiger Woods’ Gulfstream G5 was parked in front of the terminal for private aircraft at Augusta Regional Airport this morning.

Would seem unlikely that an empty plane flew itself there, but you never know. In any case, here's what Tiger's Gulfstream jet looks like, pictured in 2010:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2015/03/extra-extra-tiger-woods-plane.html

Quote:

Extra! Extra! Tiger Woods' plane is in Augusta!

By Luke Kerr-Dineen

This shouldn't come as too big a surprise given how Golf World's Tim Rosaforte predicted Tiger would play the 2015 Masters and suspected Tiger would spend some time practicing at Augusta National this week, but intrepid reporter Scott Michaux confirmed the news.

According to the Augusta Chronicle:

It seems the four-time Masters Tournament champion is working out the kinks in his game today in Augusta. A plane matching the tail numbers of Tiger Woods’ Gulfstream G5 was parked in front of the terminal for private aircraft at Augusta Regional Airport this morning.

Would seem unlikely that an empty plane flew itself there, but you never know. In any case, here's what Tiger's Gulfstream jet looks like, pictured in 2010:

Nah.  That's my Gulfstream G5!  It must be a coincidence that his numbers match mine. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Now that would do it.

Assuming he made it through all 72 holes.....

Sounds like a contest in the making . . . . pick how many holes and how many strokes Tiger takes at the Masters.

Players play, tough players win!

I think he is in Augusta to get in a practice round for the Par 3. Guessing on his Tournament shot/hole count would be a great contest, but I can't imagine that he is has improved enough in only a couple of weeks to risk the embarrassment that Augusta could dish out. The Masters doesn't deserve the distraction that Woods' represents every time he shows up.   https://youtu.be/ag-WokbWz7U

Due to his failing health, maybe he needs to go into "Furyk Mode" and accept he can't hit 340 and just try and get it in the hole. Of course, therein lies the problem he now has. I can't speak for anyone else, but it has been enjoyable watching Speith, Walker and others who are at the top of their game.

The Masters doesn't deserve the distraction that Woods' represents every time he shows up.   https://youtu.be/ag-WokbWz7U

Lmao at "distraction". Are you aware of last year's TV ratings? How about how tickets performed compared to when he plays? If you are, then you wouldn't be surprised that the media is whipping up a frenzy about the possibility of him playing. Corporations love it too, more eyeballs show up when he plays, and that's good for business. If the master's doesn't "deserve the distraction", you should lodge a complaint against the media.I doubt he should stop existing because media outlets want to cover his every move.

I do agree with your point on those other guys being at the top of their game, unfortunately then don't move the needle. Period.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Assuming Tiger isn't in contention on Sunday (if he plays) it'll be interesting to see how ratings do if there is a shootout among some of the young guns. If the likes of Rory, Spieth, Rickie, etc. are in contention and ratings are still poor, then the tour should probably start to get concerned.

... The Masters doesn't deserve the distraction that Woods' represents every time he shows up.   https://youtu.be/ag-WokbWz7U

Huh???

Perhaps you didn't hear the old adage: "any publicity is good publicity"?

I hope if he does play, he plays well.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I will admit, with TW I will watch every hole on tv. Without him. I probably won't watch until the leaders tee off on Sunday. Say what you want, it's all about Tiger.

Now that I have the DVR, I watch most holes of tournaments anyway, I just leave it on in the background and fast forward through the breaks if I'm watching closely. But yeah, I've said it before, if Golf Channel had a feed of Tiger on the range, I'd watch it. The youtube video of his range session with pro tracer is mesmerizing.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator
I think he is in Augusta to get in a practice round for the Par 3. Guessing on his Tournament shot/hole count would be a great contest, but I can't imagine that he is has improved enough in only a couple of weeks to risk the embarrassment that Augusta could dish out.

Uhhhhhhhhh........

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe with Arnie under the weather, he's just in Augusta for the ceremonial first blocked tee shot next Thursday.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Would he really show up and Augusta still not knowing if he will play? I just can't imagine he would. Unless something crazy happens he's playing. Time is running out for Tiger, if he's healthy he's Teeing it up.

I'd guess it's a pre-tournament test to see how close is game is to being ready.  If he plays well he will commit to be in the field for the Masters and if he doesn't he will skip it.  Tiger is a proud guy, if he is still struggling around the green I can't see him opting to play given the venue and coverage the Masters gets.

Joe Paradiso

Assuming Tiger isn't in contention on Sunday (if he plays) it'll be interesting to see how ratings do if there is a shootout among some of the young guns. If the likes of Rory, Spieth, Rickie, etc. are in contention and ratings are still poor, then the tour should probably start to get concerned.

Super post Skydog.

Ratings bah!! Is that what golf is about now..not for me.

Although I hope Tiger plays, his time is over.

Note: This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!