IGNORED

Tiger Passing On Bay Hill, Still Dangling Masters Possibility

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

• Administrator
Just my opinion, like the one you have. Uhhhhhh, I am sure you watched the display at the HERO?

Yes. I saw his play after that in the two PGA Tour events he played too (well, 47 holes of them).

But to suggest that Tiger's in town just to play the par three contest? That makes no sense. Sorry, I can't sugar coat that one.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not to mention the fact that Tiger hasn't played the par three since the early 2000s (I think) and I don't really see him changing that trend this year...

I think he is in Augusta to get in a practice round for the Par 3.

:doh:

Maybe with Arnie under the weather, he's just in Augusta for the ceremonial first blocked tee shot next Thursday.

:doh:

Yes. I saw his play after that in the two PGA Tour events he played too (well, 47 holes of them).

But to suggest that Tiger's in town just to play the par three contest? That makes no sense. Sorry, I can't sugar coat that one.

Yeah.

Starting to really look like he's gonna play.Β  I sure hope so!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Not 100% convinced he's gonna play. If he had a good day yesterday and he were super confident, he would be all in by now. The fact he played and we're not hearing anything except from his agent who says it's still up in the air means he's still on the fence. I think the longer he waits, the more likely it is he won't play.

• Administrator

Not 100% convinced he's gonna play. If he had a good day yesterday and he were super confident, he would be all in by now. The fact he played and we're not hearing anything except from his agent who says it's still up in the air means he's still on the fence. I think the longer he waits, the more likely it is he won't play.

I think you could take a lot of bets on that.

And lose.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

It's the Masters. Tiger apparently has no health problems right now that would keep him from teeing it up. He is playing. It's the Masters.

Bill M

could he literally announce the wednesday of masters week that hes playing?

They announce the pairings Tuesday, so I'd imagine as a courtesy to ANGC at least, he would tell them by then. I don't know what benefit he'd get from waiting to the absolute last second, even if it were allowable.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5Β° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15Β° wood, Callaway XR 19Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24Β 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47Β°/12Β°, Cleveland REG 588 52Β°/08Β°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56Β°/13Β°, 60Β°/10Β°,Β Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I feel like it'd be a lot easier on everybody if he just did it verbally, no? ;-)

I feel like it'd be a lot easier on everybody if he just did it verbally, no?Β ;-)

Literally LOL....

Colin P.

• Administrator

They announce the pairings Tuesday, so I'd imagine as a courtesy to ANGC at least, he would tell them by then. I don't know what benefit he'd get from waiting to the absolute last second, even if it were allowable.

There are no alternates, so you literally show up at your tee time or you don't. There's no "commitment deadline" or anything.

There are no alternates, so you literally show up at your tee time or you don't. There's no "commitment deadline" or anything.

Although I'd not be surprised if the Augusta people already know officially that he's playing.

Would it screw over the organizers if that happened? I forget whether they play two or three to a group. Would they have to get a marker to play with someone like they did with Rory last year?

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5Β° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15Β° wood, Callaway XR 19Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24Β° hybrid, Callaway X-24Β 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47Β°/12Β°, Cleveland REG 588 52Β°/08Β°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56Β°/13Β°, 60Β°/10Β°,Β Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Just wondering how he could do it metaphorically. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

It's strange ... I would think he would enter the Masters - after all, he can probably count his realistic chances of winning another green jacket on both hands ... whats the worst that can happen ?Β Β  He misses the cut.

For a normal player that would be the scenario.

For Tiger, the worlds eyes are always on him ... and I can appreciate why he would be hesitant if his game isn't where he wants it to be.Β Β Β I think he would gain alot of credibility if everyone saw him grinding away, missing cuts, back every week to gut it out, giving it his best to regain form.Β Β Β  I just wish he would play everything, regardless of results - seems to me it's the only way he's going to grind his way back into playing shape.Β Β Β  I'm afraid his body won't allow this method though ... we shall see

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note:Β This thread is 3335 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!