IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Whether Tiger plays or not, I really don't expect him to be a factor. I would really love to see Rory, Spieth and Bubba all at the top on Sunday. And given their form right now, there's definitely a possibility of that happening. Throw Phil in there and that makes it even better.

I really like Spieth this year, though. I've been picking him to win the Masters ever since he won the Hero Challenge and I'm sticking by him. Just think he's fit for Augusta. He's going to be one of those "Phil Mickelson" or "Fred Couples" players who will be in contention almost every year on this course.

Rors is gonna win this.

I'd like to think so, but if I were a betting man...

...I'd put my money on there being enthusiastic celebrations in the Florida panhandle, by Sunday evening of the Masters.

The glutes joke is never going to get old (to me anyway), so I am going to reserve the right to use it as often as possible (especially since it is still fresh in 2015 isn't it?). :)

OK. Then at least don't say you "personally think" it. That makes you look even dimmer.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

OK. Then at least don't say you "personally think" it. That makes you look even dimmer.

Thanks.  Lesson learned.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very excited - there's so many I'd like to see win it and I will be pinning my hopes on one after the other of: Rory, Sergio, Lee, Luke Donald, Rickie or Henrik.

Just please not Bubba...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

The Masters and opening day of baseball.  Means spring to me.  Green.  Warm weather and my happiness index goes up.  I can't wait.

I listen to the Masters theme on youtube multiple times leading up to the event.  I love it.  I really need to .wav file of it so I can blare it out my car windows at red lights.

Anyone else obsessive about the music?

"Witty golf quote."

I'm going to root for the guy who had the best score of the final round (-5) in 2014 of the entire field..... ;)

~Jorrit

I listen to the Masters theme on youtube multiple times leading up to the event.  I love it.  I really need to .wav file of it so I can blare it out my car windows at red lights. Anyone else obsessive about the music?

No, and if I heard it at traffic lights blaring out of a car window I would presume you are clinically insane and make an effort to keep out of your way.

Gaz Lee

I hope for some good golf to be played, and for it to be tight coming down the stretch on sunday to make for some compelling golf on t.v.  Unless tiger is at the lead or within two shots of the lead I hope that I don't have to watch too much or listen too much about him during the masters.  I fully understand that Tiger moves the needle like know one else.  But I want to watch the new cream of the crop on t.v.  I know that I am probably in the minority on this.....

If I was to write up a dream scenario I would like to see spieth, Reed, D.J., Bubba and rory all in serious contention coming down the stretch on Sunday...And add Rickie to that list.

I was stating what sounded logical to me.. If there are 120 or whatever in the field and tiger is playing then 121 doesn't get to play. If what your saying is that there are 120 playing and tiger wants to play then 121 will play instead then no I didn't know that and to be honest I don't see it as the big deal your making it out to be.. I'm not going to do a thesis before I comment.

What sounds logical to you is somewhat a matter of how intelligent you are. If I were you, I would simply do the research before I type away.

Nothing like a Tiger-related thread to bring out TST trolls.

Anyways, back on topic. My money is on Ryan Palmer. Don't let me down, Ryan!!

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

What sounds logical to you is somewhat a matter of how intelligent you are. If I were you, I would simply do the research before I type away.  Nothing like a Tiger-related thread to bring out TST trolls. Anyways, back on topic. [SIZE=18px]My money is on Ryan Palmer. Don't let me down, Ryan!![/SIZE]

I would say you are trying to drag me into an off topic conversation.. I like the ending though to bring it back on topic.. :) Back on topic: I guess I'm alone with the opinion that Tiger should just stay home and rest up for 2016. Don't know who Ryan Palmer is, but I'm going to root for him too!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I would say you are trying to drag me into an off topic conversation.. I like the ending though to bring it back on topic.. :)

Back on topic: I guess I'm alone with the opinion that Tiger should just stay home and rest up for 2016. Don't know who Ryan Palmer is, but I'm going to root for him too!

It's kind of a silly opinion - regardless of who else shares it with you.  You're basing it on how he performed the last few times out.  If he thought he was ready for Augusta, why would you assume that he wasn't?  Because that's what you're doing.  You're automatically assuming that he's going to play just as bad as he played at Phoenix and San Diego and that's why it would be a sideshow or whatever.  Why?

And if so, why do you also assume that he WILL be better next year?

It doesn't add up.

Certainly if he does play and turns out to not be ready, we can wish that he waited.  But what happens if he does play and he plays well?  Do you still wish he didn't play?

You're opinion (that Tiger shouldn't play) is based on an opinion (that Tiger isn't ready to play) that is based on a lack of any knowledge or information (just the assumption that he hasn't improved in the last 2 months).  Hence, the reasoning behind calling it a silly opinion.

No, and if I heard it at traffic lights blaring out of a car window I would presume you are clinically insane and make an effort to keep out of your way.

I am insane, but at least I don't drive on the left side of the road.

"Witty golf quote."

Whether Tiger plays or not, I really don't expect him to be a factor. I would really love to see Rory, Spieth and Bubba all at the top on Sunday. And given their form right now, there's definitely a possibility of that happening. Throw Phil in there and that makes it even better. I really like Spieth this year, though. I've been picking him to win the Masters ever since he won the Hero Challenge and I'm sticking by him. Just think he's fit for Augusta. He's going to be one of those "Phil Mickelson" or "Fred Couples" players who will be in contention almost every year on this course.

Jordan might be a solid player but the Augusta Masters is a whole different ball game. To win there, the player must have feel, flexibility, imagination and a cool head. Time will tell. I must support The Tiger - a good showing here would be the defibrillation treatment needed for TV golf coverage.

Note: This thread is 3289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!