IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope they pair Rory and Spieth up at the Open.

They will...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rory will be tough to beat the next two majors. These are two great venues for him. He finished 3rd at both of them last go around and he's a much better player in 2015 than 2010. He just needs to focus on cleaning up his short stick. I think Augusta and Chambers Bay were definitely more suited for Jordan and he took advantage of it.

Its not sour Euro talk. I just think he could have formulated it in a more modest way. I am not saying he shouldnt be convinced deep down. Just formulate it in a way that ackknowledges the strength of the field and the unlikelyhood of winning all four in one year.

What makes you say that St. Andrews and Whistling Straits are not suited for Jordan Spieth?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Rory will be tough to beat the next two majors. These are two great venues for him. He finished 3rd at both of them last go around and he's a much better player in 2015 than 2010. He just needs to focus on cleaning up his short stick. I think Augusta and Chambers Bay were definitely more suited for Jordan and he took advantage of it.

I hope so but I don't think there's a golf course that doesn't suit Jordan's game. It's not like Rory is that spectacular on windy Course conditions either...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Great players--including Spieth and McIlory--can win on any course.  Remember when everybody thought Phil couldn't win an Open Championship?

If Todd Hamilton and Ben Curtis can win across the pond, than sure as shit Jordan Spieth can.

"Witty golf quote."

Its not sour Euro talk. I just think he could have formulated it in a more modest way. I am not saying he shouldnt be convinced deep down. Just formulate it in a way that ackknowledges the strength of the field and the unlikelyhood of winning all four in one year.

And yet is was almost done before. He just won his second major. Why wouldn't he be confident. If Rory did the same you would probably be defending him.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Basically before the US Open he was already saying that his goal was to win all four majors this year. Today he said he believed he will get it done. Now obviously he did win two, but I just think his confidence is boardering on hubris/arrogance. Even if he believes he will win the next two, at least be a bit more modest about it: Like: Lets not get ahead of ourselves, I will give my best.

I think hope Rory will crush this hubris at St. Andrews.

lololol!

Spieth isn't arrogant. Not one bit of what he said was cocky. You sound like a dictator with all the crushing. It's Golf.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I hope so but I don't think there's a golf course that doesn't suit Jordan's game. It's not like Rory is that spectacular on windy Course conditions either...

True, but I think there are certain types of courses that suit players games than others. Rory's never won a major on fast greens before. He's struggled on them. You look at all 4 of Rory's majors and they came on courses where he could throw darts at the hole. Spieth and Rory would be a great rivalry because they're polar opposites from how they putt to where they're from. I think it's great for the game of golf that these two guys have owned the last 4 major championships and I truly hope we start seeing these guys battling down the stretch in majors more often instead of just trading them back and forth.

Basically before the US Open he was already saying that his goal was to win all four majors this year. Today he said he believed he will get it done. Now obviously he did win two, but I just think his confidence is boardering on hubris/arrogance. Even if he believes he will win the next two, at least be a bit more modest about it: Like: Lets not get ahead of ourselves, I will give my best.

I think hope Rory will crush this hubris at St. Andrews.

Well, isn't it every PGA Pro's goal to win the Slam? They may not say it, but they're saying "what if?" in their dreams and behind closed doors.

Golfers must be confident ... alarmingly so on the course as they are alone on an island. Spieth seems to be walking a fine line ... he is well on his way after winning two, he says. True? I mean, he's halfway to his goal.

What do you expect him to say? The old standard ... "we'll take this one at a time...." I think that line is a cop-out.

It's not as if he says it like Patrick Reed...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Well its not about the slam. Its about his immense confidence of winning all 4 majors this year. Even if you feel great, the likelyhood of winnng all four in one year is low.

I am happy that we have a new superstar on our hands. Its good for the game of golf. But the way he talked about winning all four, and getting it done etc just sounded a bit like hubris. Maybe not. We will see.

Well its not about the slam. Its about his immense confidence of winning all 4 majors this year. Even if you feel great, the likelyhood of winnng all four in one year is low.

I am happy that we have a new superstar on our hands. Its good for the game of golf. But the way he talked about winning all four, and getting it done etc just sounded a bit like hubris. Maybe not. We will see.

All he said was you can't win the Grand Slam if you don't win the first two and he's going to prep for St. Andrew's and he plans to win the third major of the year. I'm curious....what do you expect him to say? "I am just going to go to St. Andrew's and honor my committments. No one can win the Grand Slam, therefore I have no chance, but I'm going to go anyways. I'm 21 now so I can hang out at the bars in downtown Glasgow."

His immense confidence? You should really watch the clip again because you're immensely wrong.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Am I the only one who noticed Joe Buck awkwardly call Bobby Jones "Bob Jones"? C'mon man!

To be fair to Buck, "Bob Jones" is what it said on the graphic. Still, that means Fox's infographic man assigned to the U.S. Open had no idea who Bobby Jones is, which is bad enough.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

To be fair to Buck, "Bob Jones" is what it said on the graphic. Still, that means Fox's infographic man assigned to the U.S. Open had no idea who Bobby Jones is, which is bad enough.

The USGA woman in the presser with Spieth said "Bob Jones."

hmmmm.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

All he said was you can't win the Grand Slam if you don't win the first two and he's going to prep for St. Andrew's and he plans to win the third major of the year. I'm curious....what do you expect him to say? "I am just going to go to St. Andrew's and honor my committments. No one can win the Grand Slam, therefore I have no chance, but I'm going to go anyways. I'm 21 now so I can hang out at the bars in downtown Glasgow."

First of all, St. Andrews is on the other side of Scotland from Glasgow. Secondly, the drinking age over there is well under 21. Even so, Spieth isn't going 3-for-3.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

In Buck's defense, Jones preferred to be called Bob instead of Bobby.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!