IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is that bunker/barn looking building off the tee at 18?  This course has some beautiful vistas but that thing is a blight to the landscape.

Lee

In My Bag... Driver:Titleist 913D3  3 Wood: Dunlop 16deg railer  Hybr:Titleist 910H 24deg  4-GW:Mizuno JPX825Pros

Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey 256-14  60deg: Mizuno Zoid   Putter: Odyssey WH Rossie (Left handed)

Reed wearing same clothes again. It's a terrible outfit, too. Who wears pleated pants anymore??

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Stenson's lunch. Here's a man after my heart. Nice to see a dish w/a healthy portion of veggies. Veggies, baby, veggies. Or it could be in reference to his remark about the greens. Doh.

You know I might pick up some salmon for dinner tonight. Add some veggies and rice. Mmmm... Mmmm.

But back to the tourney - I hope Jason Day is okay this afternoon. I really felt for him yesterday because I've had that happen.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Stenson's lunch. Here's a man after my heart. Nice to see a dish w/a healthy portion of veggies. Veggies, baby, veggies. Or it could be in reference to his remark about the greens. Doh.

Yeah yesterday he said the greens were pretty much like putting on broccoli.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Reed wearing same clothes again. It's a terrible outfit, too. Who wears pleated pants anymore??

Fat guys

Joe Paradiso

Fat guys

I'm overweight and I don't wear pleated pants anymore :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'm overweight and I don't wear pleated pants anymore

Someone from Callaway or Reed himself must think he looks better in pleated pants.

Joe Paradiso

Day is falling back a bit.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Day is falling back a bit.

He looks like he's going to fall down.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

It began simple enough, with an innocuous question on Golf Channel’s Morning Drive on Saturday. “Good morning, Mr. Player, how are you?” Golf Channel's Damon Hack asked.

The answer, if it can be called that, was more of a world-class rant from Gary Player, all this delivered, or so it seemed, without his stopping to take a breath. Here is the video, followed by the transcript:

“I’m standing in the most beautiful state in the world, Washington, Seattle, unbelievably beautiful, and we play this U.S. Open, this great championship, a group of people, the USGA that I have great respect for, but this has been the most unpleasant golf tournament I’ve seen in my life. I mean, the man who designed this golf course had to have had one leg shorter than the other. It’s hard to believe you see a man miss the green by one yard and the ball ends up 50 yards down in the rough.

“Imagine, this is a public golf course. This is where we try to encourage people to come out and play and get more people to play the game…It’s actually a tragedy. It’s 7,900 yards long. The world is suffering from a shortage of water. Can you imagine the water this course will take?

“An average golfer playing this golf course, I’m telling you, if he’s a 15, 16-handicap, he’s going to shoot 110 and he’s not going to go home a very happy man. We’ve got to make golf where it’s quicker, where it’s more enjoyable, get back to their family. We don’t want a husband and wife to argue because he’s taking too long and neglecting his family life.

“We’re going about it in the wrong way. The golf balls, and this is happening, why they’re building these crazy golf course is because it’s in defense of the ball going too far. We’ve got to cut the ball back for the pro golfer, leave it for the amateur golfer. We’re making golf courses longer and longer. More expenses, more water, more fertilizer, more labor. They’re taking a beautiful golf course, making undulating greens, bunkers in front of the greens, and the folks are resigning from golf in numbers as far as amateurs are concern [that] are down. We don’t want to see that. We love the game. We’ve got to promote it in the right way.

“Professional golf has never been so healthy. But we’re in trouble amateur-wise.”

Fat guys who are just a wee bit better than a 23 handicap and Laughing at you.

Speaking for yourself or Reed, as I'm pretty confident Reed isn't worried about me or my handicap?

Joe Paradiso

The buildings on the right are old out buildings from when it was a quarry. Being there and seeing them, they actually look better than you would expect and if I remember correctly there is a large hospitality area ( Rainier Village ?) set amongst them, the old structure hides a lot of this hospitality area from view.

Note: This thread is 3217 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!