IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

3 putt !?!?!  Holy cow - I never saw that coming.  As he was walking up to the putt I actually said to my wife . . "McIlroy or Woods, in this position, would drop the 12 footer . . .XYZ (pick your favorite Sunday collapser . .I won't mention who I said just because it doesn't matter) would 3 putt it and lose. Let's see what kind of golfer DJ really is".  But I was not expecting him to 3 putt it!  It was almost as if he just couldn't stand the idea of winning.  I still won't consider DJ an "epic collapser" - at least not yet - but, man . . .that was an epic collapse.

To be fair to Buck, "Bob Jones" is what it said on the graphic. Still, that means Fox's infographic man assigned to the U.S. Open had no idea who Bobby Jones is, which is bad enough.

Bob Jones is what he preferred later on, So Joe wasn't that far off. I've actually heard different commentators in different eras call him both Bobby Jones and Bob Jones? What does my distant cousin have anything to do with Joe Buck?

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 putt !?!?!  Holy cow - I never saw that coming.  As he was walking up to the putt I actually said to my wife . . "McIlroy or Woods, in this position, would drop the 12 footer . . .XYZ (pick your favorite Sunday collapser . .I won't mention who I said just because it doesn't matter) would 3 putt it and lose. Let's see what kind of golfer DJ really is".  But I was not expecting him to 3 putt it!  It was almost as if he just couldn't stand the idea of winning.  I still won't consider DJ an "epic collapser" - at least not yet - but, man . . .that was an epic collapse.

Personally, I think DJ wanted no part of a playoff... I think after he missed the eagle putt, he kinda mentally checked out... I think he could've been safer with the eagle putt though... I think he had a brain fart on 18 that cost him another chance tomorrow...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

As Johnson set up for the birdie putt to force a playoff, I said to my wife "I sure wish he'd miss this, but I know he won't - not from that distance".  Imagine my surprise. :-)

I was glad to see Spieth win it.  What a great finish (unless you're Dustin Johnson, I guess).  I thought it was kind of a punk move by Johnson to pack up and leave town without attending the awards or doing any interviews.  Makes him look like a big baby on top of being a choker.  Stand up like a man and take your medicine.  Sure it hurts - but you're still getting paid a nice chunk of change for T2, so suck it up.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

> Spieth isn't arrogant. Not one bit of what he said was cocky.

Yes. I heard the interview after the win. No way is he cocky. In fact, he was still in shock over how he won. The only thing I hear Jordan keep saying is that he's not in the same league yet as Rory and that he hopes at some point he will be and will be #1. Is he confident? I would assume so. Is he arrogant, no. I don't think so.

As much as I love Rory, I think Jordan is great for the game of golf and one heck of a great player and comes across as a nice guy.

I did like how Spieth dodged the question about the course when Joe Buck asked him what he thought of the golf course now that he had won. He talked about how great the fans were but did not say anything about the course. I wonder if everyone will remember this Open as "the one that Jordan won and no one liked the course" or "the one that Dustin Johnson choked and three putted the 18 hole (on the course no one liked)"? On the plus side, at least an American won the U.S. Open.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Amazing how fast the story can change. After 17 it was going to be about Jordan's collapse, missing a short bogey putt. He was fortunate to have one hole left to rebound.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

I watched (on TV) Spieth knock his birdie putt in on 18 and then had to head into work. Luckily I have the PGA Tour on XM (which has really good LIVE commentary) and I listened to DJ's collapse. Although I wanted Jordan to win, I really feel for Dustin, heartbreak once again. I was hoping for at least a monday playoff. Just wasn't in the cards. I assume he'll be able to bounce back easily, hopefully.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Billy Ho said this course wasn't fair to great putters. Spieth and Sneds are decent putters. ;)

When I saw that putt of Snedeker's jump a foot into the air, I was thinking maybe Horschel had a point ...

When I saw that putt of Snedeker's jump a foot into the air, I was thinking maybe Horschel had a point ...

I think that was a pitch mark he hit that he didn't see.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/dustin-johnson-finds-heartbreak-comfort-after-us-open-loss

Some nice comments from DJ.

Quote:
"I'm proud of the way I played and I'm most proud of my family," Johnson said outside the locker room. "So I did get to hold up my trophy at the end of the day, which is my son."

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

More whining from Poulter.

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/2015-us-open-ian-poulter-rips-usga-rant-accuses-them-lying-about-green-condition

Quote:
By Brendan Mohler

After cleaning up a final-round 77 for an 11-over tournament total of 291, Ian Poulter became the latest and probably the angriest player to rip the USGA for the condition of Chambers Bay’s greens.

Poulter posted the following photo on Instagram along with a 327-word caption in which he accuses the USGA of lying about the conditions of the greens.

Among the highlights: “I feel sorry for the hundreds of greens staff who spent countless hours leading into this week and this week doing their best to have it the best they could and I thank them for that.” Read the rest below:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

[URL=http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/dustin-johnson-finds-heartbreak-comfort-after-us-open-loss]http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/dustin-johnson-finds-heartbreak-comfort-after-us-open-loss[/URL] Some nice comments from DJ.

I kinda got that sense from him at the end when he walked off the green and grabbed his son. Ear-to-ear smile. Glad he's in a better place than he has been.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 3218 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!