IGNORED

Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation]

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On a side note, the LPGA goes to great lengths to not market the sexuality of the women on tour.  Not trying to be vulgar, but thus the no nipple rule.  You just won's see this protrusion from the blouse of a touring pro.  Doesn't matter to me as I only watch for the golf.  I do wish Christina Kim could get back on the leaderboard as I enjoyed her outfits and constant banter.

Many people confuse "misogyny" with "Biology". Stating that women shouldn't play at Augusta because they're women or only play in their underwear is misogynistic. To say " the top LPGA players don't have the distance nor short game skills of the top PGA" is just biology. The WNBA had always struggled for popularity. Why? Because they're slower and less exciting to watch (alley-oops, slam dunks, 50ft jump shots,etc). This is just biology. I like watching LPGA tournaments. But Augusta National? A sacred course that I personally do not care to watch with soaked greens and short tees. Some people will get on here and vehemently defend the LPGA and truly believe they are as good as the men. They'll make silly statements like "I know a girl who drives it 300yds and could smoke any of you". Pointless and means nothing. The statistics don't lie. The top LPGA players would be humiliated on the PGA. Just biology. So learn to accept this fact of nature and then work on a solution. If someone doesn't want to see the LPGA at Augusta then so be it.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Many people confuse "misogyny" with "Biology". Stating that women shouldn't play at Augusta because they're women or only play in their underwear is misogynistic. To say " the top LPGA players don't have the distance nor short game skills of the top PGA" is just biology. The WNBA had always struggled for popularity. Why? Because they're slower and less exciting to watch (alley-oops, slam dunks, 50ft jump shots,etc). This is just biology. I like watching LPGA tournaments. But Augusta National? A sacred course that I personally do not care to watch with soaked greens and short tees. Some people will get on here and vehemently defend the LPGA and truly believe they are as good as the men. They'll make silly statements like "I know a girl who drives it 300yds and could smoke any of you". Pointless and means nothing. The statistics don't lie. The top LPGA players would be humiliated on the PGA. Just biology. So learn to accept this fact of nature and then work on a solution. If someone doesn't want to see the LPGA at Augusta then so be it.

I'm not sure what anything but the last sentence has to do with this thread.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Say, SoCalSwinger, i, for one, would appreciate if  you would refrain from dragging traditional religious personalities into your comments.  I find such comments  distasteful and disrespectful.   thnx and welcome.

Look, I've said my piece and I'm really not looking to get into it with anybody here.  Just wanted to let you know, I'm not coming from a religious background at all on this and I'm not sure how that was implied anywhere.  I just have found a lot of what has been said in this thread to be in poor taste and generally insulting.  Just my $0.02.  Sorry if that's somehow offensive.

:titleist: 910D3 driver, :tmade: SLDR S 3 wood, :adams: A3OS IDEA hybrid irons, :cleve: 48*, 53*, 56*, 60* wedges, :tmade: Est. 79 TM-770 putter, whatever balls I can pick up cheap/dig out of the rough

I'm not sure what anything but the last sentence has to do with this thread.

Relax.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Relax.

I can guarantee you that I'm completely relaxed.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My understanding is that most courses the LPGA plays on that are typically set up for the PGA Tour get "adjusted" for the LPGA.  Greens are watered so they are more receptive and slower, rough is trimmed lower and of course tee boxes are set up for appropriate distances.  I don't know how much Augusta changes their normal course set up for the Masters but I'd guess that they let the rough grow a bit thicker and try to get the greens harder and faster.

If August let's their rough grow up for the Masters, it aint by much. I was shocked at how low the rough was at Augusta National.

Many people confuse "misogyny" with "Biology". Stating that women shouldn't play at Augusta because they're women or only play in their underwear is misogynistic. To say " the top LPGA players don't have the distance nor short game skills of the top PGA" is just biology. The WNBA had always struggled for popularity. Why? Because they're slower and less exciting to watch (alley-oops, slam dunks, 50ft jump shots,etc). This is just biology. I like watching LPGA tournaments. But Augusta National? A sacred course that I personally do not care to watch with soaked greens and short tees.

Some people will get on here and vehemently defend the LPGA and truly believe they are as good as the men. They'll make silly statements like "I know a girl who drives it 300yds and could smoke any of you". Pointless and means nothing. The statistics don't lie. The top LPGA players would be humiliated on the PGA. Just biology. So learn to accept this fact of nature and then work on a solution. If someone doesn't want to see the LPGA at Augusta then so be it.

Has anyone been making those kinds of statements, though? I don't recall at any point in the thread that people were doing what you said.

The WNBA has struggled for popularity for a lot more complicated reasons than "not exciting enough", as do all women's sports leagues.

Also, no reason to tell jamo to relax when he hasn't done anything.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Look, I've said my piece and I'm really not looking to get into it with anybody here.  Just wanted to let you know, I'm not coming from a religious background at all on this and I'm not sure how that was implied anywhere.  I just have found a lot of what has been said in this thread to be in poor taste and generally insulting.  Just my $0.02.  Sorry if that's somehow offensive.

Your post wasn't remotely offensive or religious ... He's just spewing nonsense.

• Administrator

Let's keep the thread on topic or we'll shut it down.

The topic is basically "a women's golf event at Augusta National." The topic is not political correctness, lingerie, sexism, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"People in hell want slurpees." - Daryl Dixon, The Walking Dead

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

With an already short season at ANGC I just can't see them taking another two weeks off for another Masters for the LPGA. I do think another prestigious tournament would be nice, but as I believe, the LPGA is just not deep enough with talent. You see these Cinderella stories winning on the PGA but with the LPGA it seems like the pro tennis circuit where there's a handful of players that lead/win every tournament.

Let's keep the thread on topic or we'll shut it down.

The topic is basically "a women's golf event at Augusta National." The topic is not political correctness, lingerie, sexism, etc.

Probably a good move at this point, it seems to have run its course!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

"People in hell want slurpees."

- Daryl Dixon, The Walking Dead

Or you could say it will be a cold day in hell before the LPGA is allowed to play a tourney inside the gates of Augusta National ......anyone who thinks they'd even give it a thought doesn't know enough about these folks......In Dana Carvey's best impersonation of GHB, "not gonna happen".........

• Administrator

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/creamer-not-giving-womens-masters-idea/

Quote:

Yeah, Paula Creamer knows Augusta National Chairman Billy Payne just shot down the notion of a women’s Masters… “He did,” Creamer said Tuesday at the Swinging Skirts Classic. “But there is no reason why you can't revisit things and you can't look at it. I think somebody's got to speak up and say something. I've never been afraid to do that, so there is no reason why I can't voice my opinion on it . . . It’s an idea. I don't think that people should be ashamed to talk about it. I would like to know truthfully why we wouldn't be able to have a tournament there.

“Women's golf definitely deserves something like that. I think it would be a great place to host that.”

Creamer is undaunted.

“They want to grow the game so badly,” Creamer said. “That's what it is about, growing the game, and giving people opportunities. The Chip and Putt, all of that for the kids to be able to come out there . . . there is no reason we can't do that for women's golf as well. We're just as much a part of growing the game.  I've been there, played there, stayed in Butler Cabin. I had an awesome time. I think the patrons and everybody would love to have two weeks there, two tournaments.  Why wouldn't you?”

:doh:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Paula needs to read this forum's posts. I think there are several good reasons why this won't happen. In conclusion I vote no and I don't believe this will happen anytime soon.

Without back reading some of the responses. Augusta, the masters was created as championship for men. The course was designed as so. It's private club rich in history. if Paula wants an Augusta or a " masters" like feel for the LPGA. I am all for it. Go find a course. The richness, feel and history of Augusta can not be created over night or recreated as a second championship tournament. Paula I'm sure can play as a guest at Augusta, but if she or others truly want to create a historical women's championship, well there are plenty of courses available. started it up and see where you are in 25 years....

Note: This thread is 3284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!