IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

practiced on and off all day today hitting wiffle balls with my 7 iron and chipping with my 58 around the yard.

working on getting the weight forward and bringing the arms down at a proper sequence to end up with shoulders square to target line and shaft lined up with shoulders at A6 while keeping the shoulders level (i.e. not getting my left shoulder up too fast)..

I'm trying to get to A4 and then come down with hands quickly before my hips fire.. it's a new piece and a tough one, but I'm getting very good reps this week..

It's so much easier to work on the golf swing when you have the whole day off every day for 30 days :)

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well I was out of town over the weekend so I missed 2 days. But today I did my mapping drill for 5 mins then hit 3 balls in the yard doing the drill between each shot.

Hit some balls over a the range. Worked on the lag drill as well as some other. Finished the bucket with 8 smooth driver shots right down the middle, very satisfying way to walk off the range.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I got to my favorite practice facility this afternoon. I hit the range and worked on the speed of my backswing (after getting an evolvr evaluation this morning!). I also worked on short putts that broke a little, because I was having some difficulty hitting those in recent rounds. I also spent about half an hour in a greenside bunker. And it occurs to me - most practice greenside bunkers I've seen have a very small "target" green. That's all well and good for practicing being short-sided and needing to get up and down, but I'm more interested in "out of the bunker, onto the green." So I'm not as sure how to get the feedback for that beyond "I hit the ball out of the bunker, and it didn't fly like fifty yards."

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I hit a small bucket at the driving range, working almost exclusively on partial distance wedges (50-90 yards).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

At least 5 minutes of Aimpoint putting practice before a round (and 2nd one) today.   29 putts & 29 putts for 1st & 2nd rounds, respectively.  How's that for the 5+ minutes of practice, eh?

How did you do your AimPoint putting practice (unless the playing was the practice, haha)?

Put a ball 10 feet away from the hole, stand 1/3 between the ball and hole, feel the slope, ... :-D .

Did 5 minutes of mirror work today at company gym.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Worked on making a few good backswings then went to working on my downswing piece.

I also worked on the pitching motion, trying to get the clubface more open in the backswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

15 minutes in the net in my backyard.  7i.  Felt really good.  No unnecessary head movement.  Nice soft arms, good weight shift.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Practiced putting a course today.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

May 26 -

Practiced putting indoors for 10 minutes. I putted bare-handed without my Bionic StableGrip glove, and had several putts miss on left edge of cup. The glove helps take up slack between my hand and the grip.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

15 minutes in the garage working on my pesky address position. That's about 10 hours in the past 2 weeks doing just that. Do I get a stupid monkey badge yet??????????

Practiced bunker, chipping, pitching, ball striking, and knockdown shots.   Worked on keeping my right elbow close to my rib during downswing.  Sped up swing tempo to hit longer.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Pretty much all of May - mirror wk w/shallowing DS from 4, long R pitch arm, L hand to sky post impact, hips U, L F. Recently started on pitching a la @iacas and @david_wedzik YT vids, soft elbows, elbows close to body, mimicking vids playing on tv on repeat.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Put a ball 10 feet away from the hole, stand 1/3 between the ball and hole, feel the slope, ... .

Did 5 minutes of mirror work today at company gym.

Did you get yourself a level and try and match the feel with the slope or did you do it without a level?

As for me, this morning before work I changed it up a bit and decided to do practice with an 8I.  Same drill, stopping at A4, bowing the wrist, laying the shaft down, going to A6 stopping, checking form, and then going to A9.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3245 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!