IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did some drills inside without a ball then went and hit some into the net once it got a bit cooler outside.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 18 -- what a week, this is my fourth round in the past five days. I was focused on routine -- picking a target, clearing my mind of outside thoughts (this had gotten really bad lately), and just hitting to the target. I had noticed the past few rounds that I had a few "I'll hit anyway" shots... so I took a late afternoon round on a hot day where there would be no one behind me and just played. It took me a little under three hours (although there was a group ahead of me I had to wait on a few times). Despite hitting one in the water and one O.B., I shot an 84. Now I need to use this routine more, clearly. Or play that course more often. :-) Unlikely I'll get to play at all the next four days, so I'll have to go back to traditional forms of practice. :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Since I just joined TST, I obviously can't complete the 5 minute challenge.

We're gonna do one every month. :)

Also… I spent 10-15 minutes today making some slow-motion swings working on my priority piece.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Slow mapping swings at home. And some pitch shots off "tight lies" off the carpet.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

May 27 -

Worked on short game with reshafted wedges. Tried to find "limits" of using 58º LW for shots around green.

Short shots from light rough with little green to work with: Chip with 54º easier to control than 58º shots, unless lie really deep.

3/4 swing shot with 58º really hard to control,  unless lie was light rough or better; half swing about limit for 58º on most shots.

Also worked on putting for about 20 minutes. True pendulum swing feel  - with thicker Winn ProX 1.18" grip - came and went a couple of times.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

5 minutes trying to slow down and still use the hips to control the turn rate.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Weekly lesson.  Moment of truth.  Video of my swing......improvement.  Head position much better.  Very little move forward.  Hitting the ball in the center of the club face.  Relaxed arms.  Worked on chipping and putting as well.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

5 minutes doing the weight-forward chair exercise.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Played like a beast yesterday.

Went easy this morning, worked on shoulder rotation!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

My 5 minutes this morning was more of the same, getting to A4, bowing my wrist and laying the club down.  However, this morning when I got to A6, I pumped the club and did a full speed swing to see how I do about getting my hips and weight forward while keeping my head back at the A10 and it felt reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllly good.  I almost felt like a golfer. :-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

5 minutes in front of the mirror works much better! 2nd day in a row doing simple mirror work instead of the same drill at the course with good results.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Practiced all afternoon on reducing my cupped left wrist with improved results.

Matt

5 minutes mirror works focusing on A6 - 9.  My last videos show that my left shoulder has been stopping short of the finish and collapsing my follow though.  So my thought for this session was to continue rotating my shoulders and hips in sync with my arms from A6 to 9.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Working on hip turn ... and not dipping my shoulders so much

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator
Played 18. Have hours to kill at CHQ so I'll hit some here too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes in the office.  Working on right elbow feels.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

We're gonna do one every month. :)

Also… I spent 10-15 minutes today making some slow-motion swings working on my priority piece.

sweet, I will try for then......Today I spent about 45 minutes hitting into my net to help incorporate the knee bend, slow back swing and wrist hinge into muscle memory.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

Note: This thread is 3250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!