IGNORED

Post Your "Death Shot" with Pics/Video

CarlSpackler

46 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

This was a good one from Sunday's round.  The course had a windstorm during the week that broke off hundreds (!) of trees.  You can see the flag left-center of the photo.  

IMG_1080.JPG

I went for it...why the heck not.  Tried to punch a 5-iron through the "window"...ended up catching one of the overhanging limbs and dropping down about 10' later.  Fortunately clear of the trouble, so I was able to hit onto the green with my next shot.

That shot sets up perfectly for a duck hook, doesn’t it?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting day today regarding this thread.

Not so much a death shot but interesting enough to share, here’s the tee on #3:

A71079EB-3AF8-4C19-91C2-E19F403728BD.jpeg

Rangefinder said 22 yards 😃

Served myself breakfast on #12:

BA888713-84F2-4A8A-BC4D-70161A4983DB.jpeg

And finally, my lie on #14:

30DA8775-8515-4765-A843-23353F78A90E.jpeg

1D97B637-8575-4B6C-872D-0C0B29D1A0CE.jpeg

I was surprised I even found it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 6/15/2020 at 10:25 PM, billchao said:

That shot sets up perfectly for a duck hook, doesn’t it?

My 7i shank would put me  nicely in the fairway around that tree!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

This is a wonderful example of the joys of shanking. From my practice area I actually had to yell ‘Fore!’ I mean, who does that? 

The red line is where I intended to hit my 8i. Our practice range uses floaters hitting into water. The yellow line shows my ball flight. Yep, right onto #10 tee box. Not even on the practice range can I be spared from humiliation.

So again, spare me the sorrows of your pushes, hooks/pulls. Child’s play.

DEFC472E-0B30-43AB-9C26-31940630FB5F.thumb.jpeg.c05bb04522f795d10324b69eabde1e8b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This is a wonderful example of the joys of shanking. From my practice area I actually had to yell ‘Fore!’ I mean, who does that? 

The red line is where I intended to hit my 8i. Our practice range uses floaters hitting into water. The yellow line shows my ball flight. Yep, right onto #10 tee box. Not even on the practice range can I be spared from humiliation.

DEFC472E-0B30-43AB-9C26-31940630FB5F.thumb.jpeg.c05bb04522f795d10324b69eabde1e8b.jpeg

It's still not the most embarrassing shank story you ever told me.

Bill

My Swing Thread

16 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

2 questions:

1.  Was there anyone on #10 tee?

2.  What's the range cart look like that picks up those balls on the water?

This is a new twist on the whole Death Shot thing. I didn’t mean that anyone was at risk of actually meeting their maker. @Vinsk has taken this extremely literal. 
Masters Tournament Illustration GIF

- Shane

11 minutes ago, billchao said:

It's still not the most embarrassing shank story you ever told me.

Lol...yeah true. I’m sure the group was wondering where the hell the ‘fore’ was coming from. I guess when they saw I was left handed they just drove by and said nothing and figured let the poor bastard alone....

3 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

2 questions:

1.  Was there anyone on #10 tee?

2.  What's the range cart look like that picks up those balls on the water?

Offffff course there as a group on the tee. Yeah it’s a mess....poor guys get out large nets and scoop the balls that collect along the banks. So when there’s no wind...it’s an oar boat...

1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

Lol...yeah true. I’m sure the group was wondering where the hell the ‘fore’ was coming from. I guess when they saw I was left handed they just drove by and said nothing and figured let the poor bastard alone....

What is that course? I remember playing one down there with a water range to the left of #10, but I can’t remember what course it was. 

- Shane

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

What is that course? I remember playing one down there with a water range to the left of #10, but I can’t remember what course it was. 

Celebration Golf Club

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

This is a new twist on the whole Death Shot thing. I didn’t mean that anyone was at risk of actually meeting their maker. @Vinsk has taken this extremely literal. 

Good thing he's a doctor.

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

My first instinct whenever I hear fore is to turn away from the source of the noise and cover my head, so had that been me on the tee, it wouldn't have even occurred to me that it was an odd place to be hearing it.

3 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Celebration Golf Club.

Bill

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Have you considered switching to right handed?😜

• Like 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Didn't yell fore on a particular one, but I probably should have.

Couple of years ago, I got a bad case of them and limited myself to the range for two weeks trying to sort it out. 

Some where in that fortnight from hell I was set up in my customary spot on the far right of Kittyhawk's range. The idea was to not scare the other guys on the range. Problem is that the first tee of the Eagle course is just right of the range. 

The very first ball I hit on this particular day was with a PW. It's my most reliable club. So it was a paralyzing sense of horror when my first effort crossed five feet in front of that No. 1 tee box with some wide-eyed fellows getting ready to start their round. Too stunned to even get a sound out of my mouth.

Kittyhawk shank.jpg

Edited by mcanadiens
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

E47E0562-B347-4A11-9F3A-B096C090643F.jpeg

I tried to hit the green from here. Bad idea. Even a flighted PW went too high and into the overhanging branches. Dunked that ball, dropped one by the cart path ahead, chunked a 3/4 SW and dunked that ball, too. Fun game.

Bill

My Swing Thread

This was every tee shot and approach shot until the fog cleared on the 14th hole.  I didn’t keep official score, but my Shotscope watch had me at 90, which seems about right considering I scored a 9 (+5) on the 2nd hole after losing my tee shot and approach.

68DA8C4A-DDF0-4D2E-A319-57D1E418F8B4.thumb.jpeg.6a24571c0436c339ccbc708f4e82203a.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Not staged at all:

2020-08-15 17.44.10.jpg

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

F4327A5C-0C54-420C-93B4-8E5AF0A95274.jpeg.6c4652a030e4595e86d29837493d6dec.jpeg

I took this one a long time ago. For me, this is almost impossible to get up-and-down. Going straight at the pin is not an option, so you’d have to putt it up the slope to the right, so it trickles off the slope, and then you hope it stops near the pin.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot