IGNORED

Dan Jenkins On Tiger Beating "Nobodies"

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

@Jack is best, recommend you check this out.

Also please learn to multi-quote

I am guessing @ Jack is worse is a former forum member with another handle trying his worst to troll.   It's not worth mentioning his new handle name in a sentence :whistle: .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am guessing @Jack is worse is a former forum member with another handle trying his worst to troll.   It's not worth mentioning his new handle name in a sentence .

I was wondering when someone was gonna pick up on that. weak trolling at that

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

All weak players.......

Jack had to beat multi opponents that have multi major wins

And their multiple major wins couldn't have possibly been because the entire rest of the field was weak, amirite?

Face it, the competition was better in Tiger's era, and now the competition is better in Rory's era.

(yes I'm declaring this Rory's era already B-) )

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Someone needs to reserve "Hogan is Best" before Jenkins' great, great grandchildren teach him to use the tubes and wires of the Internet.  Be funny to find him doing that.

That said, competition was tough in any era.   Jack wasn't exactly racking up wins playing secondary tour stops and he beat some stiff competition.   The fact is that on any given day, the lowest ranked player in the field can get hot and take you out.  Overall the fields are deeper talent these days.   I don't really know enough about the relative level of play.   Jack was the best during his hey day, he was so good he could sit back and let others make mistakes because they got nervous.   Tiger was the best in his day, better than anyone.  Is that day over?   Could be, could not.

One thing Tiger lacked was a consistent rival.  Phil was the closest, but Phil is streaky and Tiger was solid week after week.  I think that adds to the perception that Jack had it tougher because he had some big names we all remember him going against for years.

—Adam

[QUOTE name="rkim291968" url="/t/82149/dan-jenkins-on-tiger-beating-nobodies/18#post_1144977"]    I am guessing @Jack is worse is a former forum member with another handle trying his worst to troll.   It's not worth mentioning his new handle name in a sentence :whistle: . [/QUOTE] I was wondering when someone was gonna pick up on that. weak trolling at that

I think the moderators can check the IP address and see if his matches that of someone else. A few years ago, there was a recurrent troll that got found out this way.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think the moderators can check the IP address and see if his matches that of someone else. A few years ago, there was a recurrent troll that got found out this way.

@Patrick57 Beatlejuice Beatlejuice Beatlejuice Lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I never saw Ben Hogan play.  I did see Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Watson, Trevino and just about every golfer since (both in-person and on TV).  Tiger hit shots that seemed inhuman in comparison.  Did equipment changes help?  Sure, but remember Tiger was slow to go to graphite shafts and large volume drivers compared to his competition.  Whatever perceived weakness Tiger's generation has, they were the best of that generation and he dominated.  In my opinion, the product of Tiger's influence is what is making today's golfers so compelling.  Rory is really fun to watch, but Tiger is still the best I've seen.  I am not a Tiger fan-boy, just a very avid golf fan.  Back stories add interest, but the golf is foremost.  Jenkins has not been relevant for a really long time.  Sorry Dan, it's time to retire your IBM Selectric and just fade away.

Jenkins has become a parody of his former self, sort of like Andy Rooney in his waning years when he just became a blathering bitter old man, barely a shell of his former self as a writer and satirist. There comes a time when athletes should have hung it up long before they become an embarrassment to themselves, and writers are no different. Jenkins reached that point sometime during the Bush administration. The first one. What one wouldn't give for a contemporary Bernard Darwin, someone who was a gifted writer who happened to love golf. Instead it seems most of the golf writing these days is more TMZ-ish, with manufactured drama substituting for what it lacks in insight and well-written prose.
  • Upvote 1

Rory already has 11 wins and 4,majors. He has 30+ years left if he doesn't retire early

Twenty at best. He says he has a degenerative condition in his spine and that is one reason for his muscle building. Even so, odds are he will have back problems down the road.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Rory already has 11 wins and 4,majors. He has 30+ years left if he doesn't retire early

30+?  So in your opinion he'll still be competing on Tour when he's in his 50's?  If so he'll be the first to do that successfully.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Right "Club pros" like Arnie Lee Hale Player Casper weiskop watson trevino and many more. Tiggy had Phil and Ernie in their waning years. No contest Now with Speith McIlroy and a few young guns tiger can't compete

You're monumentally wrong. Check your stats. Tiger beat many more than phil and Ernie. And in Jacks early days where he won most...there were only a handful who had a chance to beat Jack...and zero international competition.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Jenkins isn't making any sense. Even if a guy like Bob May finishes runner-up, Tiger still beat name players because they were in the field. Sergio, Phil, Furyk, Vijay, Adam Scott, Davis Love, Ernie, Lee Westwood, Duval, Graeme McDowell, Padraig...

Jenkins is an utter idiot.  I'm probably one of the biggest Woods "anti-fans" around, but even I wouldn't stoop so low as to say he had a bunch of nobodies as competition.  Not only does it attempt to completely discredit his achievements (which I'll admit were impressive), it also insults a lot of damn good professional golfers he competed against.  Taking such swipes at somebody with no basis in fact just looks petty, not to mention moronic.  I have my own reasons for not liking him (and I very strongly dislike him), but I certainly wouldn't deny that he was by far the most dominant player of his era, or claim that his wins were meaningless based upon the strength of the field he was playing against.  Dan Jenkins needs to stuff a sock in it and maybe get over whatever caused his butthurt, because articles like that just make him look like a hack with an axe to grind.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shindig

@Patrick57

Beatlejuice

Beatlejuice

Beatlejuice

Lol.

LOL!  Beetlejuice (Betelgeuse is the star). Beatlejuice is a friend of mine's Beatle cover band that he started with the late Brad Delp from Boston .

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Or you could just ban him.

I typically like the banter, and a different point of view - but this poster adds nothing to the discussion and is posting the same thing across multiple threads.

If not banned can you just restrict him to only being able to post in the meta-GOAT thead (or the strength of field thread)

OK, thanxbye

Players play, tough players win!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac

I typically like the banter, and a different point of view - but this poster adds nothing to the discussion and is posting the same thing across multiple threads.

If not banned can you just restrict him to only being able to post in the meta-GOAT thead (or the strength of field thread)

OK, thanxbye

He/she will not be restricted or banned simply for being a troll.  Bad behavior may get him/her there.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

He/she will not be restricted or banned simply for being a troll.  Bad behavior may get him/her there.

But unless he starts posting things other than random, derogatory comments...don't feed the troll.   Got a gripe with Tiger Woods, fine.   Present your case and add to the discussion so other people can discuss as well.

—Adam

Correct we rarely ban people and aren't going to do it because he dislikes Tiger and has made some dumb posts. I sent him a PM on Wednesday and he hasn't posted since, so it seems like it was a "drive by" type trolling. And he's not @Patrick57

Ok, back on topic please :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 3263 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!