IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't really think it's absurd because from what I've noticed, if they haven't played much in the States, many guys over there haven't heard of them .. I think a lot don't bother with golf outside the States cept for majors ...

It's not at all ... I was just making a silly joke at Rick Martins expense. :-P

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

HUGE storm is moving into St. Andrews tonight. I'm not so sure they're going to get this thing off at 2 a.m. our time. If they do, may God have mercy on their souls because winds right now are gusting up to 50mph and it's going to be worse in a few hours.

No wonder that sweater was so damn ugly. It's ancient. I understand sentimentalism but yuck.

That thing's so ugly, the moths wouldn't even eat it.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I wonder if this will be rock bottom for Tiger? Missing the cut by a wide margin at a major location where he has won twice is really really bad. I thought his sucktitude was temporary, but he's starting to look like Mike Weir.

So play resumes in a couple hours. Here's the current weather in St. Andrew's: WSW blowing 38mph Wind gusting 57mph Ummmm......good luck, guys.

Jeeeeesus. Can you even play in that???

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

So play resumes in a couple hours. Here's the current weather in St. Andrew's: WSW blowing 38mph Wind gusting 57mph Ummmm......good luck, guys.

That's what im talkin bout! Classic Scottish golf.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

In those conditions, Spieth may leak oil all over the place to finish the second round and then start early for his 3rd round.... not looking good his chances are ... Old Tom Yoda.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I wonder if this will be rock bottom for Tiger? Missing the cut by a wide margin at a major location where he has won twice is really really bad. I thought his sucktitude was temporary, but he's starting to look like Mike Weir.

Yeah, I've been optimistically watching Tiger but I'm starting to enter a " if he does, great...but I'm not holding my breath" attitude about him.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

The one who'll be interesting to watch is DJ and see if he keeps being so aggressive in those winds. Hard to see him continuing to pull driver every time with those huge gusts, but then again, he's been really impressive thus far. Would love to see him banish those Chambers' Bay demons here.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Every year The Open reminds me of what makes this game great and why I love it. It's for the same reasons my father loved it so much and why I was blessed enough to have him pass the game down to me. I don't immortalize Faldo or Watson- they're flawed men like the rest of us- but watching them take their final loop around the old course is pretty special. It's a cliche that golf transcends time- but it really does- and being a part of it, makes me feel more alive and part of time. It enriches the life of everyone who chooses to be vulnerable to it and I can't imagine my life without it. Apologies for being sentimental but I was thinking tonight about the 2009 open and what it would have meant if Tom had won. I'm not even a big fan of his anymore but I cant remember a more memorable sporting event in my life and in my mind it's still one of those movie endings that I wish I could go back in time and rewrite. Stupidly or not, his loss is still something that upsets me to think about but at the same time, I think about the possibility of Phil or Tiger or Ernie, or Paddy winning the Open at 60 and it reminds me of why I love the game. God bless all, and do your best to cherish this great game that we're fortunate enough to be apart of.
  • Upvote 2

And we're off! Again! By my estimation, wind is blowing 175 miles per hour. Some of these guys are wearing hilarious outfits and it's like four degrees out there. I love it. Louie O looks like he's gonna die.

Riley

have a feeling play is gonna be suspended here. This is unreal.

Noooooo I hope not. This shit is absolutely ridiculous, but I love it! :banana:.

Riley

I hope not either, but balls are rolling all over the green on 11. Don't know if I've ever seen wind blowing this hard before sustained on a golf course. Gusts yes, but not sustained like this. This is crazy.

According to the Viasat announcers:

Rain from 8 AM to 11 AM.
Temperature is 11-15 C.
Wind expected to increase and not abate until 7 PM. 30 mph and gusts in the 50s.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!