IGNORED

2015 Wyndham Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The club is attached to the hosel. How do you "slow the club" and "flip the hosel?" The "lag" comes out very quickly in a proper pitch shot. The clubhead passes the hands quickly and around impact.

What ever way you want to take it. I still say it looked like a flip when it happened.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nothing funnier than Tiger hitting a bad shot, and then grabbing his hip, back, leg, or whatever body part faking an injury. He was the greatest player ever (yes, better than Big Jack), and now he is a joke.

Nothing funnier than Tiger hitting a bad shot, and then grabbing his hip, back, leg, or whatever body part faking an injury. He was the greatest player ever (yes, better than Big Jack), and now he is a joke.

Newsflash:  Tiger is human.  He grabs an area of his body that hurts.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

At the main page for the Tour Talk forum, the truncated version of this showed up as:

Quote:

"Newsflash: Tiger is human. He grabs an area of his body"

And I couldn't help but wonder what on earth these recent posts were discussing...

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny Lee

Newsflash:  Tiger is human.  He grabs an area of his body that hurts.

There's no future in responding to sadists who revel on the pain of others.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Tiger SUCKS!

Shank. Chunk.

Funny stuff.

Watched #11 three times.

You're about five hours too late, champ. If you are going to mock someone, you might want to do it before they birdie four of the last six holes.

You are a weird person. I didn't think you were a troll before (just a douche), but I'm really starting to believe that you are purposefully messing with people.

At the main page for the Tour Talk forum, the truncated version of this showed up as:

Quote:

"Newsflash: Tiger is human. He grabs an area of his body"

And I couldn't help but wonder what on earth these recent posts were discussing...

:-D:-D:-D

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

You're about five hours too late, champ. If you are going to mock someone, you might want to do it before they birdie four of the last six holes.  You are a weird person. I didn't think you were a troll before (just a douche), but I'm really starting to believe that you are purposefully messing with people.  :-D :-D :-D

I find it weird that you can't let an anti-Tiger comment go without a snide response. Who cares what others think of TW or anyone else you don't know? Let it ride.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I find it weird that you can't let an anti-Tiger comment go without a snide response. Who cares what others think of TW or anyone else you don't know? Let it ride.

Nah.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Tiger winning today would have been good for golf, few, if any care that DL3 won.  I don't have anything against DL3, just would have preferred any of the other top contenders won over him.

Joe Paradiso

I was a huuuuge DL3 fan before Tiger came along. When he won the 2003 Players with a 64 in the rainy, windy final round playing with Fred Couples remains one of my favorite golf moments. I'm personally totally stoked he won. Ive been in the desert all weekend and am bummed I missed it.
  • Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbishop15

You're about five hours too late, champ. If you are going to mock someone, you might want to do it before they birdie four of the last six holes.

You are a weird person. I didn't think you were a troll before (just a douche), but I'm really starting to believe that you are purposefully messing with people.

It was a troll post Gunther and you know it. Please allow others to respond without lecturing them.

@jbishop15 , name calling is not acceptable even if the poster you are responding to is rude and childish.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

A little perspective on Davis Love's age.

From golfdigest.com

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/hes-how-old-giving-the-age-of-davis-love-iii-context

Quote:
By Joel Beall
  • When Love was born, the top-five songs on the America charts were all from the Beatles: Can't Buy Me Love, Twist and Shout, She Loves You, I Want to Hold Your Hand, and Please Please Me.

• Hall of Fame shortstop Barry Larkin was born a week after Davis Love III. By baseball standards, Larkin had a long career, logging 19 seasons in the majors. Larkin retired 11 years ago.

• When Love received NCAA All-American honors in 1983, Jordan Spieth, Rory McIlroy, Jason Day, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler had not been born.

• While Love was on the golf team at North Carolina, there was a guy by the name of Michael Jordan on the school's basketball squad.

• Love won his card in the fall of 1985, making the spring of 1986 his first time on tour. Also happening in 1986: Jack Nicklaus winning the green jacket.

• Love's first PGA win came in 1987. The highest-grossing film that year was Three Men and a Baby . (Btw, Hollywood isn't returning my calls for my "Three Men and a Grandbaby" pitch. The movie writes itself!)

• Love was once a Ryder Cup teammate of Ray Floyd. Floyd is 72 years old.

• When he won the 1997 PGA Championship, Love was using a persimmon driver.

• Love was the Ryder Cup captain, a position normally reserved for non-competing players, for the 2012 event.

• Love makes appearances on the Champions Tour circuit.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

A little perspective on Davis Love's age. From golfdigest.com [URL=http://www.golfdigest.com/story/hes-how-old-giving-the-age-of-davis-love-iii-context]http://www.golfdigest.com/story/hes-how-old-giving-the-age-of-davis-love-iii-context[/URL]

Kinda disappointed he didn't attempt to compare Loves age to football fields somehow. ;)

Kinda disappointed he didn't attempt to compare Loves age to football fields somehow. ;)

If a kicker would attempt a field goal 51 yards away from the goal line, it would be only three yards short of the NFL record.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!