IGNORED

NHL 2015-16 Season

pumaAttack
Note: This thread is 2857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just want them to get moving.  Caps are ready, Pens are ready, let's play hockey!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Capitals and Blues for the SC Final.

On 4/26/2016 at 8:00 AM, bostonboy9416 said:

Picks for the cup finals? I have Ducks over Penguins for the final. Wish my Rangers made it further than 5 games but that happens what you can't defend prime ice...

Interesting you have a team that is struggling to get by the Nashville Predators in your SCF....

Edited by pumaAttack

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

6 hours ago, dakatkinson said:

Blues over Pens in the final.

No to the Blues - Hitchcock is a complete a$$ - ask any player.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

6 hours ago, dakatkinson said:

Blues over Pens in the final.

That would be Sweet!

33 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

No to the Blues - Hitchcock is a complete a$$ - ask any player.

I can't stand Hitchcock but, I do love my Blues.

32 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

That would be Sweet!

I can't stand Hitchcock but, I do love my Blues.

If the Stars had a goalie, they'd win the Series. But they have 2 mediocre goalies, so the odds are against them.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

2 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

If the Stars had a goalie, they'd win the Series. But they have 2 mediocre goalies, so the odds are against them.

Even if they had a goalie, the stars defensemen are not even close to what the Blues have depth wise on defense.

Huh. Really thought the hockey season ended back when Price got hurt. .... Guess you all have just perked right along haven't you. 

You and your fancy playoffs. 

This sucks.

24 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Even if they had a goalie, the stars defensemen are not even close to what the Blues have depth wise on defense.

And the Blues do not have the skill level of the Stars as an offensive unit. The Blues get a break because Seguin is out for the first 2 games, at least. Even if he returns, he has rust...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

2 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

And the Blues do not have the skill level of the Stars as an offensive unit. The Blues get a break because Seguin is out for the first 2 games, at least. Even if he returns, he has rust...

Maybe true but, the Blues did a pretty good job of keeping the Hawks skill level to a minimum and that is not an easy thing to do.

Just saw this on reddit ... Guy who's never seen a hockey game ACCIDENTALLY tunes into Blues game, decides to live tweet it, falls in love with it, and becomes internet famous ...

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/04/26/tony-x-twitter-first-hockey-game/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=tpspagesfb&utm_campaign=fb

50 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Maybe true but, the Blues did a pretty good job of keeping the Hawks skill level to a minimum and that is not an easy thing to do.

Dallas kinda' routed the Hawks this year, but had immense trouble with the Blues --  no one is picking the Stars ... so it's all gravy.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Dallas kinda' routed the Hawks this year, but had immense trouble with the Blues --  no one is picking the Stars ... so it's all gravy.

I have been a die hard Blues fan for 40 years and it has Never been gravy, ever.

I've been a Caps fan since they came into existence, and I'm hoping that this is finally our year.  I can't say I'm super-confident, playing against the hottest team over the last 20 games or so.  I'm hoping that  Holtby, the best goaltender in the league this year, along with our two ex-Pen D-men, can slow them down long enough that our more physical style can wear them down.  I think this will be a close and entertaining series.

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

I've been a Caps fan since they came into existence, and I'm hoping that this is finally our year.  I can't say I'm super-confident, playing against the hottest team over the last 20 games or so.  I'm hoping that  Holtby, the best goaltender in the league this year, along with our two ex-Pen D-men, can slow them down long enough that our more physical style can wear them down.  I think this will be a close and entertaining series.

Our GM with the old Dayton Gems, was the first assistant GM with the Caps. Lefty McFadden. Not really sure how long he was with the Caps, but those first few years were pretty rough from what I understand.

They had a few players go from Dayton to play for the Caps also. Tony White, Gord Lane and Dave Forbes all played for our old local team.

Yeah, I kind of missed the first years, I left that area in 1974 to go to college at Michigan Tech.  We did manage to win an NCAA championship during my time there, and I learned a whole lot about hockey.  I came back to Virginia in 1980, and the Caps were still pretty dreadful.  Much like my golf game, which was pretty dreadful in those years, things have improved quite a bit.

Dave

7 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

I have been a die hard Blues fan for 40 years and it has Never been gravy, ever.

But they made the SCF three consecutive times in their first three seasons! :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2857 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!