IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

I shot a 91 today in a bizarre fashion.  Parred the first hole, something I rarely do at this course (it was my home course in 2020 and was left at +1 end of year in the birdie challenge).  Then I had a pop up drive on #2, then a good recovery, then a bad third... I had a seven.  Followed by a double and then a par.  Followed by another terrible drive that led to a double after I hit my recovery shot into a fairway bunker.  Then a great drive and a bad second shot led to me chipping from a tree... and I managed to get onto the green.  And hit a putt with great speed and then missed 4' for bogey.  Then I hit a GIR and 4-putted.  

And then I bogeyed eight consecutive holes (not bad given the start) and parred the last three.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

shot another 43 again. Ballstriking didn't feel as good this round, but I feel like I'm getting more used to the new irons and the distances they give me. Had a couple of what could very generously be described as "stingers" that ended up in a good spot. One of them was even about pin high on the green. Handicap did actually go down though to 18.39 after going up to 18.7 on my last 43.

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

82 at Hansen Dam, a great round with 7 GIR, another 9 near-GIR, and 18 GIRPs (green or fringe in regulation plus one)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Score: 99

GIR: 1/18

FIR: 4/14

Putts: 32

Penalties: 4

So, this is the third round in a row that I shot a 99 so that's trending in the right direction as it has lowered my unofficial HC to 24.1 which I'm quite pleased with.

I could not get off the tee to start the round as my first three tee shots were 123 yards and 157 yards with driver and then mishit an 8I to the right which was under a bush leaving it unplayable.  Even though I pumped my 4th tee shot 276 yards, on the 5th with driver I hit it left 172 yards, and then on a 7th hole just pulled it huge to the left squibbing it 88 yards.  After that I started actually getting it out there.

Pretty much saved my score from really ballooning by having an above average for me short game and a putting better than I have.  Round really went to crap on the 12th hole, a short 315 yard par 4.  I hit 4H off the tee a bit off line, catching some leaves but leaving myself a 112 yard shot in uphill.  I hit my PW and toed it a bit leaving it right against the end of the bunker.  Tried to punch it out sideways, but failed.  Then I tried to get it out again but bladed it over the green into the woods for a penalty and ultimately putting up an 8.  An 8 on the next hole, a par 5 really put my goal of low to mid 90's for the round out of reach.

Overall, I feel I'm really close to putting up a score in the low 90's - just gotta find a way to get off the tee earlier!  Haha.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Went out to my home course again today, shot a +7 41. With 20 putts. 6/9 gir, which is my best gir ever (tied), but my putting, goodness gracious my putting. I even had some putts from the fringe, so over half of my strokes were with a putter in hand. I know I changed balls from what I had been using with the putter for the first 23 holes, but it definitely wasn't that. A few times my miss with the putter popped up and often at inopportune times. I take the backswing and my brain says "too much" and the dreaded decels happen. I need to get on the putting green, but first to the instruction forum for some pace control drills.

• D1-SIM MAX D 9° Diamana pd 50 reg lofted down 1 click 
  • D2-SIM MAX D 10.5° project x riptide cb 50 reg lofted up 2 clicks
  • 5w- Radspeed motore f3 
  • 3H- Tour Edge Exotics e722 kbs hybrid stiff
  • 4-5h tour edge exotics ex9
  • 6-AW- Cleveland launcher xl Nippon Zelos 7
  • 56°-Cleveland CBX Zipcore
  • P-Odyssey eleven tour lined slant neck

Had an interesting week last week. Played 3 rounds on 3 different local courses.

Had a nightmare round during a tournament at Kragerø GK on Thursday and shot a 93 (Par 70), which is 15!! shots over my par on the course. That course has always given me trouble. It's a narrow forrest course (anything not in the fairway is either a lost ball or some dropped shots, the greens there are big, fast and very ondulated and I've never really got my putter going there either (had 6 3-putts this round - 36 total which is 5,6 putts more than my average this year. Especially the 3-5 footers caused me problems for some reason, my confidence there is low at the moment).

Needed to get that round out of my system, so I played an early morning round on my homecourse Saturday. Finally broke 80 from the 57 tees (6300 yards) and shot a 79(!!)  which is the best I've shot from there. Played some solid golf all day, but missed a lot of 3-5 footers. 

Hole 1: 535 yard par 5, playing into wind - Struck my first drive of the day poorly, and just moved the ball around 210 to the left part of the fairway. Hit a soft little transport shot with my 6 iron to around 150 yards in. A soft 9 iron from the gave me 13 foot look for birdie. 2 putts - Par. 

Hole 2: 140 yard par 3, playing downhill and into wind - Hit an AW 5 yards short of the green. Hit it hard with too much spin, so the wind just ate it up. Nice up'n'down par from there. 

Hole 3: 360 yard par 4, uphill and pretty straight, but narrow with wind from behind - Hit an ok drive, but it drifted a bit to much left and I ended up with some treeproblems in the left rough and 145 yards in. I tried to hit a draw around the trees with a PW from there, but it went straight, so I ended up pin high in the semirough 10 yards left of the green. Hit a great 60° from there to about 4 feet. A flat, no break putt. Still managed to push it far enough left to lipout. Bogey. 

Hole 4: 190 yard par 3, down wind - Pulled a 7-iron 25 yards right, but got lucky and got a decent lie over there. Hit a great 60° to 3 feet. Downhill with a little right to left break. Overread it and aimed outside the cup. Another short miss. Bogey! 

Hole 5: 370 yard par 4, dogleg left into wind. - Hit a good drive the just ran through the fairway into the semirough on the right with 100 yards left. Hit a 3/4 AW a bit chunky and ended up on the fringe a tad short. Made the up'n'down for par. 

Hole 6: 340 yard par 4, straight, narrow and tough hole plaing into wind - Got great contact wit ha 6 iron from tee, but pulled it just a little bit right. Enough to get me in trouble. I was left with 160 to the pin from the right semirough, but was blocked by a bunch of trees, so I had to choose between taking my medicine (50 yards left back into fairway) or go for the little low fade through a tiny window right of the first few trees. I went with the last option, gripped down on a 4-iron and went for a low faded "chip". It faded a little bit more than perfect, but it was a pretty darn good shot. Ended up on the fringeshort left. Made the up'n'down for a pretty good par! 

Hole 7: 370 yard par 4, dogleg left, down wind. Not a driver-hole and by most concidered the toughest hole on the course. - Hit a great 5 iron off tee, the just roled in the the second cut on the left with only 140 left to the pin. Tough pin location on the left side of the green. Hit a good AW from there that landed a yards short of the pin, but not with enough spin to bite, so it rolled out to the fringe 5 yards past the hole. Easy up'n'down from there. 

Hole  8: 185 yard par 3, uphill into wind. - With a far back pin, short was the miss here, so I hit a good 7 iron to the middle of the green. 2 putts and par. 

Hole 9: 500 yards par 5, 25 yards uphill with water down the entire left side and into from the right wind. The drive wasn't awfull, but it drifted to far left into the wind and ended up just into the hazard on the left. Dropped in the semi with 240 left to the pin and almost 20 yards uphill. Abolutely amashed my new (4 year old 14,5° cobra 3/4 wood) from there and gave myself a 4 footer for birdie. Overread it again and made a surprisingly frustrating par even with the penalty. 

Front (Par 35) - 37 shots - 1/6 (!) fairways, 3/9 greens and 14 putts. Still I felt like I wasted 3 shots on the greens....

Hole 10, 530 yards par 5, downhill, dogleg left (400 yards out) down wind. - Hit a good drive to the second cut on the left that left me with 205 to the front of the green if I cut the corner of the dogleg ever the 35 yard high trees there. I decided to go for the corner cut with a 9 iron (flyer lie and some help from the wind). I hit it as hard as I could , but hit it on equator and it headed for the trees 2 yards above the ground. Luckily I got a members bounce as the woods spat out my ball to the middle of the fairway with 100 yards in. An AW to the fring from there. My chip almost went in, and I ended up with a tapin par. (PS! My player partners wanted to see me try the shot over the trees one more time. Smashed it and ended up on the fringe short.)

Hole 11, 203 yards par 3 with wind from the left. Downhill and water (the Norsjø lake) short and right. Probably a top 10 intimidating and tough par 3's in Norway.  

Bilderesultat for hull 11 norsjø

Hit a 7 iron to the right side of the green (25 feet from the pin) and left the birdie putt 0,5 inch short. A stressfree par here is allways welcome though. 

Hole 12, 335 yard par 4, 15 yards uphill with wind from the right. - A good drive up the hill (blind) to the semi on the right left me with 95 yards in. Got a little flyer with my soft 56° from there and it jumped just off the green long. Made the up'n'down for par. 

Hole 13, 385 yards par 4, downhill the last 120 yards with wind from the left. Started my drive a hair to far right (lefty with a natural fade with my driver) and caught a branch at the first tree on the right, usually hitting it there doesn't hurt the ballflight too much, but this time it did. The ball was knocked 40 yards straight left and ended up in the left rough with 255 yards to the pin. It wasn't the best of lies, so I opted for a 5 iron .Hit a decent one and ended up in the left rough around 35 yards from the pin. My 60° from there got it to 5 feet. Pretty straight and a bit downhill putt. Pushed it a tad and it lipped out. Bogey. 

Hole 14, 520 yard par 5, into wind. Straight but very narrow between 210 and 300 yards out with a hazard on the left. Chunked a 6 iron from tee to the fairway, but only 165 yards out. Pullet another 6 iron a bit from there to the semirough on the right with 155 left. Hit a good PW to the fringe just right of the flag from there (very narrow and intimidating approach with dangers left, right and long). Chipped it to 2,5 feet, and managed to push it a tad again. The ball teased me a bit by doing a full 360° before falling to rest on the edge of the hole. Bogey. 

Hole 15, 134 yard par 3, wind from behind right. A beautiful little par 3 with nothing to land on outside the green. 

Open photo 

Didn't hit a very good teeshot, and ended up short in the hazard. There is a dropzone behind the green (Blind uphill shot 15 yards from the green) Hit a great 60° from there that almost went in. 4 is a good score here if you're not on the green in 1. Bogey. 

Hole 16, 335 yard par 4. Another spectacular hole. Dogleg right, narrow the last 130 yards down to a McKensie-green down by the lake.- Hit a great 8 iron off tee to the second cut on the right (good angle in) that left me with 140 yards to the pin.  The pin was placed on the lower level of the green just 4 yards from the lake. 

Bilderesultat for hull 16 norsjø  

Made a great AW from there and gave myself a 4 footer for birdie......which I missed....Par.

Hole 17, a 335 yard par 4, uphill, dogleg left playing into wind. - Hit a decent 6 iron to the left side of the fairway and was left with125 yards to the pin. Made a great AW from there to 5 feet and managed to burn another shot putt on the edge. Par. 72 shots so far. Just needed to avoid a tripple on the last to break 80. 

Hole 18, 530 yard par 5, uphill, into wind with water down the entire right side. - Hit a massive pull into the water on the right with my driver off tee only 190 yards out. Dropped and hit a 4 iron to the semirough (just a foot from the thick stuff)that left me with 150 up the hill to the pin. Shaky hole so far. Hit a decent PW to the front portion of the green and was left with 23 feet for par up a McKensie to the hole. Lagged it to 2 feet and missed the 2 footer! 3-putt and double bogey! 

Total 79 shots, 5/13 fairways, 6/18 greens and 30 putts. Even though the fairways and GIR numbers are not very impressive, I felt like the iron game was very good. My game around the greens were superb, but my putting from close range hurt the score a lot. 

Good to finally cross the 80 line from those tees (6300 yards, rating 72,7, slope 147), I have stumbled on the goalline several times....

On Sunday I shot another good round at another local course. 81 shots from the 58s (par 72, 6350 yards, rating 72,7, slope 142), is among my best rounds there, but it still felt a bit sloppy, especially the long game. I did hit a couple of marvellous shots off tee with my new 14,5° wood though. 

290593189_734495734541612_4475098332992993930_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p160x160&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=8DoPiU0M_KwAX9QzD7X&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=03_AVLyBaSiSOw_Pes_C9bv90HrqkeHk94m8urmGi0gotQvig&oe=62F0556C292674396_1039357750304521_7064003338445456694_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p160x160&_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=aee45a&_nc_ohc=fFtWfXLb93wAX_upN5V&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=03_AVI_x8buuweqqZCLogydFCNU4Y9ZOZhmUxb5x-wk1hERcA&oe=62F16581

My HCP index is slowly creeping in the right direction now, and I'm currently playing at 6,1. Hopefully the progress continues 🙂

Edited by Troy Ocker
  • Like 1

In the bag: Callaway Mavrik SZ 10,5 driver (X stiff), Cobra King 4 wood (Stiff, 2006 model), Callaway Mavrik irons 4 - P+A (stiff), Cobra King Pur wedges 52, 56 and 60 (stiff) and Odessey white steel putter.  Very happy with the set and the gapping. 

I played a very disappointing round in league last night. 

We played the front 9 at Bent Tree Golf Course. My group started on hole number 4. I smoked a 304 yard drive right in front of the green. Knocked it on, putted it in for a birdie. Little did I know that would be the last good hole I'd play. 

After that I hit a tree (or multiple trees) with every drive the rest of the night. I was mostly getting the start line wrong with the driver over and over again. Granted it was windy. Granted we had to stop play 3 times to let hard rain pass through. But still my driver was all over the place. I had to take 5 from the tee on hole number 1. (OB left twice in a row.)

I also did a bad job adjusting to the greens as the rain kept falling. The greens go slower and slower. I left 2 very makeable putts an inch or so short after the greens softened up from all the rain. 
With all the rain delays and it being league night, the round took 3-1/2 hours and I limped to a 48, hitting trees on 6 out of 7 drives. ... Very disappointing. 

2022-07-14.thumb.jpg.9711be7d832c59491f23611e8576fea0.jpg

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

89. First time since the last time I shot 89. I managed it despite the wheels coming off during the round. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Played two good rounds this week while at the beach (today’s our last day).

Monday: Monday we played Castle Bay, a course one of my buddies told me great things about. I ended up shooting 41-42 for 83 there from the blues (69.6/124) which say 6300 and some change but it felt a lot shorter, and my dad and I tied on the day. Two clutch up and downs on 16 (for par) and 17 (for bogey) proved to be crucial.

One bad hole happened: the par-5 14th. It’s not an easy hole, but I still made a mess of it. After a bad tee shot, a lost ball, a bunker shot and a three putt, it was a triple bogey. I also doubled a short par 4, but the triple stung a lot more.

Thursday: Yesterday we played North Shore, which is where I broke 90 for the first time. On this day I flirted with breaking 80. We played the whites (70.8/135) which were about 6300 yards. I shot 43 on the front with a triple on the par-5 eighth, then on the back I made only two bogeys and the rest pars for a 38 on the back and an 81 total. I parred the last three holes, which included a tough par 3 and a long par 4 finisher, which also played into the wind.

One of the two bogeys on the back was on the 13th, a short par 5. I was in good position after my second shot, 60 yards out with nothing but short grass between me and the pin. Then I shanked the wedge shot. Almost got up and down to save par, but that was a disappointing bogey. Apart from the eighth hole, that was my only truly bad hole. Played super solid golf the other 16 holes. 

Some stats from the two rounds:

FIR: 11/14 Mon, 11/14 Thurs

GIR: 7/18 Mon, 6/18 Thurs

Putts: 33 Mon, 31 Thurs

I got off the tee well both rounds and putted fairly well both rounds as well: only two three putts over 36 holes. My index dropped a good amount too: I was at 10.6 before North Shore, and that round took me to a 10.0. One more good round and I’m in single digits!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Had an unbelievable round today, everything clicked.   Shot 78 for a net 64.   Pitched in on number 8 for birdie but otherwise everything was pars and 2 doubles.   I've had several opportunities over the past year to break 80 and rinsed one on 18, or got stuck in a bad place to make par.   

• Upvote 1

—Adam

Score: 106

Course Rating: 70.2

Slope: 127

GIR: 3/18

FIR: 3/14

Penalties: 5

Putts: 41

A ridiculously terrible ball-striking round.  Even though I got some out there (cart path love on one hole).  Just felt out of sync and thought the grip change would have taken hold already but it's not yet.  Also ran out of gas in the middle of the round.  It was almost 90°, there was no water in the course, and the last time I saw the cart person was when i was on the tee box on hole 5 (and it didn't occur to me to go inside for something on the turn).

Ofc all this is wasn't the reason for my putting being brutal.  Six 3-putts (including four in a row from holed 2-5 and also doesn't include a couple more that were just off the green).  Also missed a couple of 5 footers.  The greens themselves were in great shape and don't have much of a break, my speed control was just gross.  

Finally, the both sides of the knuckle of the middle finger on my trail hand began hurting (which it tends to do when I hit a lot of balls over a few days).  Off center hits like today makes it hard for me to hold the club to finish the swing.  Was thinking of playing Sunday but may not bc of it.  I think I'll have to tape it up from now on. 

Anyway, careful with the grossness below.

Screenshot_20220715-213539.png

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Shot the same score as Cam Smith today. While his was in somewhat more difficult conditions, I’ll always take a smooth 64. 
Best round I’ve had in several years, hit 16 greens and 7 fairways. 29 putts. 7 birdies and an eagle. One lone bogey. 

EEE4EC11-6111-4831-A7A4-43BCBA91BB02.jpeg

F450C4B7-03ED-4C68-82DC-E05E06DF6D1C.jpeg

3D54EC2A-426A-4D18-A48E-970855715738.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

84 today (82 ESC) with 12 nGIR/GIR (8 GIR), 32 putts, and 4 penalty strokes.

Penalty strokes really torpedoed what would have been an okay round - two of them I had par putts after dropping and hitting an approach on the green, and the other two happened on the same hole and led to an 8.

Absolute shit off the tee today, especially with driver, and I had 4 shanked balls which was extremely unsettling as I haven't experienced that sort of mental anguish in awhile. I was able to recover well enough to end up with a decent score though.

My approach play was good, and short game as well.

Didn't feel like I putted poorly, but I didn't make any meaningful putts (after GIR) and missed a few inside 6 feet that were annoying.

Strokes gained (vs. 10 HCP):

image.png.cf710f5035707cb36f4314f0d80eba74.png 

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

We had our "Tip and Tuck" tournament this weekend.  Played all the way back and the toughest pin placements on every green. Extra $$ for anyone that shoots net par or better.  I got 8 shots from the tips.  After shooting 44 on the front they were all used up.  Not sure what changed all of a sudden, but I shot 35 on the back for a net 1 under!  T-1st net in the first division. Yahoo!

Played Talamore today with a group of guys from work (we had two foursomes) and shot a 90 from the blues (45-45). Played pretty solid golf apart from a nine on the 14th hole. The greens were lightning quick today and I had two four putts and four three putts. Hit the ball pretty well though, so that’s a plus.

We also played a quota match and split up into four two-man teams. My partner and I needed 59 points total and only came to 50 (I only scored 20 needing 25). The winners had a quota of 63 points and got 66.

Might be playing with my coach tomorrow, so hopefully I can report back here tomorrow night.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

88.  Here's the funny thing.  Two days ago, I played my former home course and had a great first nine (nothing worse than 5, shot a 42) but had two bad holes on the second nine (including an O.B.) for an 87.

Today I had a lost ball on two (a careless lost ball, too;  major sin there) with two other sixes I really didn't need, and then got it together on the second nine for a 41 with nothing worse than a 5.

-- Michael | My swing! 

Not today, but last Saturday, shot my first sub 90 since my first golf career 20 years ago.

Gross 89 net 66.

8 FW 
3 GIR
32 putts

Had a pretty poor start, and was 8 over after 5. Stayed patient and played the last 13 holes 9 over, finishing birdie, par on the 2 closing par 5s to scrape in under 90. It's been a mental battle as much as anything, and I've shot a few 90s and 91s recently. Glad I've got that one out of the way. 85 next 🙂

• Like 1

The stars and moon aligned with my golf game today.  73 gross with a 2.9 differential. We played Lakes of Taylor, an upscale muni designed by Arthur Hills.

I really owe it all to @dennyjones and @StuM.  We had a mini MI Club meet up at my home course, Leslie Park, last Thursday (7/14). They were great to play with.  I did not play great but it was such a relaxing session that I felt ready to play some decent golf.  Saturday I shot 75 gross/71 net in one of our club's tournaments and then today almost everything went right.  3 birides, no doubles, 1 three putt but 29 total putts.  I made no bombs but also missed nothing inside of 6 feet, save for that darn 3-putt.

I am sure time will bring on some disappointing rounds but for now, I am wallowing in golf happiness.😉

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Brian Kuehn