IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

+12 (9 holes).

I couldnt drive the ball at all.
I made a few nice chips and putted pretty good.

But my long game fell apart. Need to get it back!

played 4 full rounds in 2 days... man im burned... too hot and sunny but fun...
rd 1 = 5 over for a 77
rd 2 = 12 over for an 84
rd 3 = 27 over for a 99
rd 4 = 18 over for a 90

guess im not cut out for too much golf in such a lil amt of time... if there is any such thing... started off strong and couldnt miss... then just started to fade the more i played... guess i need to get into golf shape if im gonna play that much
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

74. Not bad at all considering the course. (75.4/151) I hit two par fives in under GIR (didn't make either putt though). Shot of the day: 4-iron to 2ft. on #16, the hardest hole. I was soooo excited when I saw that land.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

• Administrator
38 on the back nine at Lake View (Black tees). Really nice driving today - very few of the lefts I had hit yesterday. Gotta slide the hips through impact or it goes left, apparently.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

97 on a course I've only played once. (70.1, 127) Hit the ball well, short game killed me
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Played another 9 somewhere else today. Shot a very nice 45 for playing in the on and off pouring rain and then really sunny. Hit some great chips. Short game has been great lately, i have practiced a TON. Putting was decent, could have been better. Had some very nice drives.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Shot 37 today in tryouts for a golf team that puts my total at 72 7 shots away from second and about 13 or so away from 3rd.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I'll fess up to a 49.

I wish I could have back the 6 or so shots I either topped or bladed. It's a problem that seems to afflict me more on the course than at the range.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

49 in 20-25mph wind on wet ground. I played a lot like Sergio. I was getting mudballs in the fairway.
had 15 putts. Was dropping everything inside 8 feet. All these hours on the practice green are starting to pay off.
Iron striking was pretty good. Very good by my standards.
All bogeys except for one par, one double, and two triples.
First tripple would have been a single but for the bad tee shot into the drink, teed up another one and let it fly quite nicely.
The second triple was due to a flubbed sand save. Sand was soaking wet and packed and it didn't come out like I wanted. then I flubbed the first chip 3 feet, then left the 2nd one just 2.5' short.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Broke 90 for the first time yesterday!

Played at Torreby GK in Sweden on a trip there. First time I ever played the course. Played on two other courses the days before where I scored 111 and 104. On Torreby I really found my game and shot 89. This score will also drop me under 20 in hcp. Two milestones in one glorious day!

My driving and iron play was very good, short game and putting not so much. It's usually the other way around. The greens were uneven and wet on the front 9. My fairways and greens in regulation is what I'm most satisfied with, I've been working on my aiming and distance control lately. I took my time and aimed well on most of my shots, putting was a bit off, but I had 4-5 birdie putts just rolling by the cup, one lipped.

Some stats:

38% fairways hit
44% greens in regulation
39 putts
1 birdie (ball mark 10cm from the hole)
6 par
5 bogies
4 double bogies
2 triple bogies

My fourth round this year, I'm very pleased with my progress so far. I know my putts should be much less, but I haven't cared about practicing it for some time. I'm primarily looking for good FIR and GIR stats at this point. Putting and chipping is also much easier to practice than the long game. I've orderen two Utley books on putting and short game, I'll pick up my practice once I get them. I have also taken notice of my wedges lately. My primary chipping wedge is a 56.14 which I often strike badly. I may be looking for some new wedges with less bounce. I don't like to bounce the club off the turf. I've got a 60º with 3º bounce according to the manufacturer, but when I look at it, I would have it even smaller. I might buy 3 new ones of a different model or brand. The clubs are fine, but the bounce don't suit my game. I'm normally good with the wedges, but I could be better with the right equipment.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

47 through 9, thats becoming my average playing 9 holes, nice day, relatively warm and little wind, rather unlucky to score 47, every bad shot I played, which wasn't many, left me in real grief, eg face of bunkers, behind bushes, on terrible downslopes etc.

I was 3 over through 4 , 5 and 7 was a double , 6 a treble , 8 and 9 just a bogey .

Friday: 45 through 9. Par 35. It was such an easy course, but I couldn't hit a drive. Duck hooks with the driver.
Sat: 83 (+11). 43/40. Played well. Hit 5 greens on the front, but 3 putted like 4 times (the greens were aerated.) On the back, I had 4 GIRs, 3-putted once, but had two doubles too.
Sun: 90 (+18). 43/47. In all honesty, I went to the course to practice putting and hit the range for about an hour or two. I met up with a friend and golfed instead. On the back nine, my legs were shot. Two rounds caddying and two golfing got to me this weekend. I was too tired. I didn't play well at all on the back. On the front, I had some good holes, but I felt like I was scrambling the whole time...that's not how I like to play.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Shot an 85 while hitting 11 GIR......

......you do the math.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Yesterday.... 2nd time on a course, first time on this course... shot a 56.... on 9 holes

lol

got nervous on each tee box. usually ending up drippling it 10 yards. 2nd shot's were much better. Putted terrible because I was thinking about the next tee box.

Overall it was fun, hit a couple good shots, found some good balls and only lost 2 balls.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

I haven't been able to get on but Saturday was a pretty good round for me. I played a local muni, and shot some pretty good golf. Charles T. Meyers(71.0/120) was the track. Had played for the first time back in Feb and shot terribly. The fairways and greens have grown in nice since "winter golf" in NC has ended. A couple of drives would have been long gone if i had been playing anywhere else. Ended up with a 96. 46 on the front and 50 on the back. Only snowman all day was on 18, in which i sliced two 30yd SW shots. I birdied number 4 (par 3, 152yds), and then 5 was a par 5, 3rd shot was 70 yard SW. Knocked it 4 ft. While i tried to line up my short putt for 2 birdies in a row i realized my head was about to explode. I couldn't get my hands to stop shaking. i stood up over my putt and said to my friend, "I can't make this putt." He asked my why, and i said "I'm going to throw up on my shoes." I ended up missing the putt by 3in and came back down the hill for par. On the turn had a hard time starting back off to score with 2 7's in a row. Thinking about playing it again on Thursday. I have my first private lesson on Monday. I'm sure i'll post something. Thanks for reading.

-Mike.

Went to play a local course today. Dry conditions, as they usually are here in AZ. Warm, but still very tolerable from someone who will walk 18 in sunny 120 degree weather. Shot 89 and 87 previously at the course from the gold tees (blue are tips out of 4 sets of tees with gold right in front of them). Played with 3 of the nicest guys in the world and they rode in carts while I walked. Struck the ball amazingly. I was hitting my drives about 260-270 with one on a par 5 which I was considering going for in 2, which I did, about 295. Hit 50% of fairways but about 4 of them were feet or less away from the short grass. 5 GIR, 2 SS and 4 UD. Unfortunately my putting was the downfall. 19 putts on the front 9 and 14 on the back. I really need to focus on my course management, which I did today and the score showed, and my putting, next on the list for me.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

87 (43/44) today.

Driver was killing me. A handful of snap hooks or, alternately, not turning my forearms over and push-fading it... hard, and often stupid, to adjust on course for me. Putter wasn't too happy, either (33 putts with some bad misses).

Hit 3/4 GIRs on par 3s. Very happy about this as it's been a problem for me so far this year. Birdied one of the par 5s with a sand save.

Just inconsistency rearing it's ugly head. That and 30+ mph wind gusts.

86 (42/44)

I had plenty of chances to make this round a really good one but just missed some small putts inside 5 feet with the occasional wayward drive.
But all in all happy with 86.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.