IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

+13 on a 71.1/122 rated course playing 6,600 yards according to the scorecard. +2 after 9, +3 even after 4 jacking the green for a double on the tenth. Played the last 7 holes 10 over for a crowd pleasing 85 . Just couldn't hold it together but at least I had one good 9 hole round this season. Running out of hope that I can pull off a full 18 under 80.

Just realized that was the first round this year where I didn't knock a shot O/B.

Don't really want to put my score since it was my 3rd time playing ever, lol. It was only 9 holes and inda embarrassing. Most of my game was pretty rough, but I had a few bright spots. I hit two drives that were fairly straight. The first was on the first hole. The distance was 273, and I hit my drive just to the left of the green and about 15 yards short of the pin. So maybe a 255yd or so drive...made me think it was going to be a decent day. Bogeyed the hole, but I readily admit my short game is putrid. On the 6th hole, I hit a nice straight drive that went around 250yds and about 15yds short of the green. Bogeyed that hole, too. The rest of the holes were forgettable :-/. I'm trying to focus on the bright spots.

Played just my 2nd round in 5 years. Shot an 85 (par 69). Won our doubles match 6n4 and I won the longest drive comp. Some awful shots, some great shots. Can't wait to get the old rhythm back! So good to be playing again :)

Shot a 79 on a par 58 short course.

+16 on the front (even with a birdie), +5 on the back with 6 pars.

The inconsistency is killing me.

In my Bag (work in progress):

Driver: TaylorMade 10.5* R11, Regular Shaft
3W: TaylorMade Burner 15*

3Hy: Nike SQ Sumo Hybrid
Irons: 2005 TaylorMade Rac OS, 4-AW

Wedge: Cleveland CG14 56*, old dingy 64* wedge that I have no business using

Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour Putter or a Cleveland Classic Anser-Style

Kicks: Footjoy E-Comforts

Ball: Used Titleist DT Solos.

I shot a 6 over 78 this evening, and I had my 2 year old son with me.  We had a good evening, he hit some balls, and we had a great time.  Future golfer in the making.

I switched back to my old set of Golden Ram Tour Grind irons this evening.  A little less distance, but a lot more workability.  Nothing in golf feels better than puring one of those irons.

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Broke 80 for the first time on Sat. Shot a 79 in the lashing down rain... came back in with a 37 (+1). Pretty chuffed!

• Upvote 1

909 D2 10.5º S-Flex   RBZ 3W 15º S-Flex

909h 19º S-Flex

G15 (4-6) i15 (7-PW) Project X Rifle 5.5  52º, 56º & 58º

California Del Mar 34"     Pro-V1

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic"

Originally Posted by BugDude

Quote:

Congrats on getting back in the swing!!!  Good to have a fellow golfer back out on the course.  Not a bad score for 2 times in 5 years.  You'll be shooting in the 70s in no time.

Thanks man! Just need some practice and a bit of confidence I think.

Shot an 89(+19) this morning. Once again too many doubles. Had a three doubles on the front for a 44 and a double, triple on the back for a 45. Haven't played in a four days which is the longest I've gone without playing all summer so maybe I was just a little rusty.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Had a 3 day tournament this weekend.

The toughest greens and pins I have ever played in my life.

Played a practice round Friday and shot an 83 which was great. Hit my driver and irons well, putting was O.K

First day of the tournament pins were already tough. Sitting on ridges or big slopes. Could not hit the ball at all. Shot 91 with an 11, yes, 11 on a par 4 - hard to get back from that. 35 putts

Second day, hit my driver great, wedges great but could NOT putt. Made a 4 putt from 30 feet ( first time in my life 4 putting ) and on the final hole hit a long drive then 6 iron to 2 feet on a par 5. 3 putt. Hit the first putt way too hard, lipped out and rolled. Then missed the birdie. Shot 90. 35 putts

Third day I figured I would just be aggressive because I am out of the tournament. Parred the first two holes. Then hit a 10 on par 5 third. Hit great drive, great layup to 115 yards, then skulled my sand wedge overt the green into an unplayable lie. Dropped, had no back swing at my drop point, hit it about 2 feet forward, another unplayable...etc etc. Then never got anything going. Ended up with another 91. 34 putts

My swing felt way out of sync and was not comfortable at all.

Ended up third to last in my flight. A lot of guys struggled with the greens all weekend.

Bets thing about the weekend was my buddy getting his first hole in one. He had to buy 22 pitchers of beer for everyone, but was pretty cool.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Shot the most unbelievable 86. 50 on the front 9 (my worst 9 of the year) and 36 (even par) on the back 9 (by best 9 ever). The front was one bad shot after another. Never terrible, but bad. I was hitting most of my irons/wedges off the toe and hooking my driver. After the front, I finally honed my focus in and took a moment to reflect before starting the back 9. I remembered a few of the things I've been working on in my swing. I hadn't practiced for a week and a half, and a week before before that, so I was a tad rusty on my most recent tweaks (and swing thoughts). Once I dropped those tweaks into play, I was hitting wonderfully. I carded two bogies, two birdies, and 5 pars on the back 9. I only missed one fairway and that was by a couple feet. My putter also came alive and every time I messed up a missed GIR approach with a wedge I made the long putt to finish. I didn't play the back 9 perfectly, but my mistakes all produced reasonable outcomes and every shot that underperformed had a balancing shot that did better than expected. But on the 18th hole I stood over a 45 foot putt from a reached GIR with a 5i from 175 yards. I hit the lag way too hard and put it 11 feet past the cup, right against the fringe. The return putt was slightly downhill and I knew it was for even par for the back 9. I was nervous, because I never thought I'd have a chance to repeat this opportunity. I hit the putt way too hard but on the right line, but somehow it broke a little more than expected and dropped the ball into the cup while I was in the middle of cringing. I was dumbfounded, it was perhaps the most unsatisfying putt I've ever made. I expected it to blow past the hole and leave me with a difficult 3rd putt. :-P To be honest, the back 9 didn't feel all that spectacular. My drives were reasonable, my hybrids and short irons were all dead on, my chipping was OK, and my putting was good. It felt like a good 9, not an even par 9. Some of that was just luck, but what with all the bad luck golf throws my way (twice on the front 9 I'd barely caught the sole low-hanging branch of a tree on what was an otherwise great recovery shot) I don't question it when a few good bounces go my way. It'll probably be a decade or so before I shoot even par for the course, but until then I can remember the memories of today. :-)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Shot an 89 on Saturday at Deer Track Golf Course in Goshen, Ohio.  It bumped my handicap up nearly a point, so you can probably imagine that it's been a while since I've played.  Given the long - eight month - layoff, I was pretty pleased with how I played... bogey golf without anything over a double on the card.  I was most impressed with my putting.  I rolled a couple of thirty to forty footers within a foot or so and drained several four to six footer for par.  Hopefully as it cools off I'll get more chances to play.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was a good golf weekend for me.......I played 5 days in a row.........................THUR-MON over the Labor Day weekend.  My highest score was 77.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

43 (+7)

Double, Bogey, Double, Bogey, Bogey, Bogey, Birdie, Bogey, Birdie

two 3-putts, but i really started putting better after the 3rd hole. Finished really strong. I had the lefts all night, really frustrating. I know the potential is there. I just go to trust my shots, not think about if its going left or right.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 holes, par 35 course, shot 49. should have left my woods and my putter at home. 4 balls in the water, 3 OB. couldn't leave the tees for anything today, over drove the 2 par 3's, should have left the putter at home and tried kicking it into the hole, would have at least made it more fun. Good news, my new hybrid (Idea Black 19*) rocked, Irons rocked. they were like laser guided golf balls as long as I stayed away from my woods. Tomorrow, I'm gonna try using my hybrid off the tee, tomorrow counts for the league...... today was NOT a usual practice round. Although I had gotten lots and lots of practice working on "rescue" shots..........

It's not who you are in life, but what you do and how you treat others that makes the difference.......

85 (41/44). So frustrated, definitely left <80 out there. Three putted 4 holes on the back 9, GRRR!!!

Course was absolutely in crap shape. On the 2nd green we saw the greenskeeper getting his ass chewed by the director of the course - they basically flooded the course last night, the greens were in terrible condition, standing water everywhere - and of course, the clubhouse doesn't say a damn word when you check in and they charge full price. Really getting sick of this common practice (the aerating one infuriates me the most).

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!