IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

89 yesterday at Saxon Woods...69.6 124.

My previous best had been 96 this spring.

1 birdie, 3 pars,  9 bogeys , 5 doubles and no blowups!

4 Birdies  :beer: 2 Pars   :-D 5 Bogeys  :-\ 6 triple bogeys :cry: 1 quad bogey  :poo: SCORED 86

WAS IT A PAR 63? My math has you +23

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An 87 at Adobe Creek this afternoon, my first round ever under 90, I'm on my way!

Driver: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood: TaylorMade Aeroburner;  15* 
S-Flex
Hybrids: Nike Vapor Speed 3-5 Steel Stiff
Irons: Nike Vapor Speed 6-Pw Steel Stiff
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Satin Black; 52, 56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Works 2-Ball
Grips: Good Grip Tour Wrap Medium 
Ball: ProV1

Nemacolin The Links Course

71.5/131

6150 Yds

40-37-77

2 doubles and 2 birdies

Course was in decent shape.  Greens were just punched, and they had a couple of hokey holes that you needed some local knowledge to play correctly.  But the weather was fantastic.

Getting ready to go play Mystic Rock, played this one about three years ago, looking forward to that.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

WAS IT A PAR 63? My math has you +23

It was a 9 hole course which I played twice around

Here it is hole by hole

#1 par 4 got a 6 and a 5

#2 par 4 got a 6 and a 3

#3 par 4 got a 3 and a 6

#4 par 4 got a 5 and a 4

#5 par 3 got a 4 and a 6

#6 par 4 got a 6 and a 6

#7 par 4 got a 6 and a 5

#8 par 5 got a 5 and a 4

#9 par 3 got a 2 and a 4

43 first time around and 43 the second time around for an 86

Nemacolin Mystic Rock 40-40-80 White Tees 71.2/136 Too many penalties.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Shot 90 during the qualifying round of the 2015 Ithaca City Golf Championship... 42 out, 48 in 1st, par 5, 490, Drive unplayable under tree, third shot with 6-iron to 130, 9-iron on green pin high, 2 putts, BOGEY 2nd, par 3, 145 (137 to pin today), 9-iron in front right bunker, barely got the bunker shot out, chip to 2 inches, tap-in, BOGEY 3rd, par 4, 345, good drive to 120, PW just short, chip to 3 ft, one putt, PAR 4th, par 4, 345, drive in 5th fairway, 9-iron, to the right, fluffed first chip, second chip to 15 feet, made putt, BOGEY 5th, par 4, 350, drive dead center, bladed 9-iron from 130 over, chip to 10 ft, 2 putts, BOGEY 6th, par 4, 340, drive just left of little tree in rough, AW to five feet, missed damn putt low, PAR 7th, par 3, 155 (165 to Hole today), 6-iron, front right of green, two putts from 45 feet, PAR 8th, par 4, 330, 3-wood to corner in right rough, 9-iron just over 3 putted from 60 feet, BOGEY 9th, par 5, 530, great drive in fairway, topped my 4h lay-up to about 180, 5i pin-high left, good chip to 12 feet, 2 putts, BOGEY 10th, par 5, 515, good drive right edge of fairway, 6i lay-up to 123, PW to 15 feet, 2 putts PAR 11th, par 3, 190 (180 today), 5i to front right bunker, decent bunker shot to 10 feet, burned Edge on Par putt BOGEY 12th, par 5, 495, super drive to 240, topped a 3w going for the green. 6i just short, chipped poorly to 20 feet, 3 putts, DOUBLE BOGEY 13th, par 4, 395, decent drive in right rough, 9-iron, just short, chipped strong, 2 putts, BOGEY 14th, par 4, 380, center of fairway about 145 out, half shanked 8-iron into Cedars, got on my knees made a weird swing with the top of my putter got it out, hit a decent chip to 12 feet, 3 putts TRIPLE BOGEY 15th, par 4, 350, Drive in center of fairway, PW to 15 feet, 2 putts, PAR 16th, par 3, 180. (190 today), 4i OB into Fall Creek, 4h to center of green 12 ft away, 2 putts, DOUBLE BOGEY 17th, par 4, 355, drive through fairway, 9i, just short, decent chip to 14 ft, 2 putts BOGEY 18th, par 4, 450, drive way left onto 5 fairway, 3h from 205 pin Hi right behind the trees. Hit the tree and dropped right underneath a branch, putted a 4i to 15 feet, 2 putts DOUBLE BOGEY A couple Loose swings and a few bad breaks cost me around an 85 or so... Tomorrow is match play, so I'm hoping I don't have any big blow ups...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Amateur Tournament at Kytäjä Golf, best course in Finland. CR 74.5, slope 136, par 71. 80 (41-39) Ball striking was good, 10 FIR, 10 GIR, 37 putts!! Worst putting round of the year. Have to say though that the greens and the pin positions were the toughest and fastest I've played on all year. Winning score was five over 76, and I finished T9. Usually the winner shoots around even par, so prob the other guys had difficulties on the greens as well

8/30/15; Played 17 holes... Yes 17 holes... I won my match 2 and 1... Was tempted to play the 18th to get a full 18 Hole score... I hit it about the same as yesterday just didn't have a major blow up section today... In 17 holes I was +12 Started double, bogey, par, bogey, par At 6 I hit a drive through the fairway on the right just past a tree... Hit a 73-yard pitch to 6 feet and canned the putt... After a par at 7, and bogeys at 8 and 9 (damn 3 putt at 9), I hit an OK drive to the right light rough at 10, I topped my lay-up... I had 147 to the flag and absolutely stuffed an 8i to 5 feet and made another birdie... Double at 11, Bogey at 12, great par at 13, Double at 14, Par at 15, Bogeyed 16 and 17... But the 4 4 5 finish was good enough for three halves and a 2 and 1 victory... I think that adds up to +12 if my math is correct... 2 birdies, 5 pars, 6 bogeys, and 4 double bogeys...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

solo round Friday (76) and yesterday (79) met a really decent group - both courses kinda difficult and windy both days - both mature with beautiful views and really great layouts- couldn't be happier with my play lately

both courses I had on my list for places to play before winter hits - only one more left in the area near our weekend camping.

and both courses were hot deals on line at $20 a round with cart (the 2nd course is pricey, so BONUS)

really hitting fairways a LOT - but missing greens (still a lot better than ever, but it feels like I'm missing a lot - or hitting, but not hitting close enough)

it's a great run for me, enjoying it a ton.  yesterday's rounds I could NOT connect good holes on the par 5s, normally bread/butter for me

had a lot of long drives leaving me around 60 or so as an approach, not my favorite distance - I need to really start learning how to do longer chip/punch approaches.  I need that shot in my skill set to get to the next level.

here's the view from the tee box yesterday on number 8

Bill - 

Shot 33-36 = 69 yesterday. Course was kind of short (6300 yards), but the course played long because of all the rain we've had. No roll. Several plugged drives. Birdied 4 of first 6 holes. No birdies on the back but had an eagle on a par 4. Only needed 27 putts, but I didn't putt well. I hit so many close irons where I missed the birdie putt. Lipped out 4 short putts. Hope the overall play carries over to the next round. Knock on wood.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

+5 for a 39 on the front 9 of my new home course. I doubled a par 3 after hitting it short into a wet corner of a bunker. Putted for birdie on almost all my parred holes, but that just wasn't as sharp as it could have been.

Shot 45-46 yesterday for 91, then tonight went out with the wife and played 9. I was focused on trying to help her, as she rarely golfs, and as a result didn't think much about my game and ended up shooting a 41 myself :-D

Beat my last round....which was my current best. Par 71 6248 yards. Rating 70.4 slope 119 Back nine: 39 (best 9 hole score) Front nine: 44 Total : 83 6 pars 1 birdie 8 bogies 2 doubles 29 putts Drove the ball very well on the first nine. Not so well on the last. Ball striking was pretty dm an clean throughout. Great contact. Lines were suspect at times.