IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played Wexford in Hilton Head SC today.  Shot 77 with a dbl bogey finish.

Course was in great condition.  Still not crazy about the changes Arnold made to the greens a couple years ago though.

The only thing missing on them is the clown face and the windmill. ;)

Waaaaay too hilly.

Played in a texas scramble the other day (all 4 players must use 2 of their tee shots per nine holes).  It's a fun tourney but can be tough when your 4th can't hit a lot of good tee shots.  We shot 63, winner was 53.  We left so many putts on the edge of the cup.  It was a very disappointing round, but I feel I hit a lot of good shots.  I was hitting the greens on almost every approach, but they weren't as close as I wanted.  I definitely need more short game work, though.  A par when you have 50yds left to the hole with 4 ppl hitting is ridiculous.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 27 holes today. 70.2/121 par 72

First 18 had 89. Really played much better than the score shows.

Front 9 second time through was 39.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Saturday, Miami Shores GC, Troy, OH, Whites CR: 68.8. 43-40-83 Squeezing this in before the Buckeye game, I had my personal best score for a regulation course by 2 strokes and my best for this particular course by 4. For reasons that I can't begin to fathom, the tension that normally grips me in everything I do was gone. My swings felt free and easy. The ball popped off my clubs. I even made putts. All those six-footers I normally choke on were going down. Had one real stroke of luck when I hung a drive out to the right on No. 13. That's the only one where water comes into play. The ball took a big hop to the right and gave me an easy wedge to the green instead of a penalty stroke. Wish I could have bottled some of this.

87 Matishall gc Norfolk,UK Worst I've hit it for a while although hit 5 fairways on the back nine. Only 2 gir because I was so bad off the tee. Kept leaving myself 185 plus for the second shot. Hit one 207 yard screamer over the trees to a par 5 which was majestic. Putter was cold 36 putts nothing atrocious but nothing special either. Felt like a round of a pro who after grinding his way round comes home with 72-74 and bemoans that his putts didn't drop or that he missed gilt edged opportunities with flight errors. It was that sort of round. One highlight was that anything within 150 I hit most greens and my short game is now a strength. In fact I would say my weakest part is now off the tee. Lack of distance being the bug bear. I'm 66% of fairways but that accuracy comes at expense of distance. Really need to master the driver now to go up a level.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

78 yesterday afternoon and it was pretty much my best ball striking day ever despite not being my best score ever. Why, because it was very windy and rainy, think Open Championship nasty. At least for the front 9 anyway though even after it mellowed a bit it wasn't a clear day or anything. Shot 42 on the front and 36 on the back. I flighted a bunch of cool shots and stuck them close.

Dave :-)

9 Holes at the local country club. 49 for the front 9. Golf is between the ears as the country club pro says. I am keeping that in my head for the next round.

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Played awesome today! 16gir first round w 34putts. 12gir with 26 putts second round. My 2nd back 9 was crazy. Everything was just on point. Missed a couple easy putts too. Still 30 is my lowest 9 hole score. Course is 6750yds 72.9/137

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

I stunk up the joint today. I had my first triple bogey in about two months. I was playing with a guy who liked to talk about swing mechanics and for some reason that really threw me off  - lol.

I played 9 after work and shot my best score to date and wish I had more time to play the second 9. I shot a 36 on par 35 and I three putt the last hole for a bogey. I was happy with my game overall. I hit the fairways with my drives and my putter was on fire. I drilled an eagle putt about 30 ft and a birdie about 12 ft.

A shocking 118!  But beats last weeks of 136 or something.. this week I managed to get the ball in the air more.  Still topped a few, and my driving was very erratic, i know its in me somewhere, as I creamed one straight down the middle a few times.  I only lost one ball today too.

My putts totaled 43 though... bad.

I've learned that my grip has caused a few problems, being too strong so worked on that.

I need to work on my alignment too, I always pick an object in front of the ball in line with the target, but still not quite right.

There is a thread where people can posts their scores and the stories to go with them here http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/146-whatd-you-shoot-today/?page=783#comment-34843 if we all started a new thread to post our scores the forum would get clogged up.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I shot a 96 today in the rain for the front 9 ... so I am happy with it considering what it could have been,

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK