IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

last night got out 9 - even par 36.  2 birds, 2 bogies,   almost chipped in eagle on 9 - but didn't

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

86 with a triple on the last hole at a 6300 yd course - way longer than I typically play.    Weird, the tees were 6300 & 5650 yds - nothing around 6000 yds.     There were 4 par 4's in a row over 410 yards - never played so many hybrid approach shots (off good tee shots).     Played pretty solid until the last hole...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I didn't even finish nine holes today. It was supposed to be partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain. On the fourth hole it started raining and me without any rain gear. I don't mind playing in the rain, but without protection from the wetness it is a hard thing to do. By the seventh hole it was pouring down and I was getting soaked so I packed it in. Seven holes and three birdies probably my best start in months but it only would have gone downhill from there so I quit while I was ahead. 

84 front 42 back 42 indexed 9.7

Not going to get into all details other than this score was ESC real was 87, just had a real setback day but near the end I realized I was too closed again with my stance so once I opened back up a little good things happened again...minor setback IMO.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Weather was perfect today, and the course was in pretty good shape except for a few areas which were cluttered with autumn leaves. My driving was some of the best of the year, but my pitching game which is usually my strong point wasn't quite on today. But what really let me down today was my putting game. On the nine holes I played I 3 putted three of the nine holes and four putted another to end up with a disappointing 46 for nine holes

I finally played my first complete round in October!!!!!  I've never shut it down this early before, but it is what it is.  I have played some, but no rounds so to speak.   I'd go out and play a few holes and skip around, but that's about it.   My 13yr old son has been tournament bowling most weekends this month, so I go watch him compete!

With that said, we had a nice warm week (sunny 70s-80s) here in KC...................so I just had to play golf at least once!!  My first complete round of October is in the books!!  

72,5CR 137slope Par72...6564ys

38-37= 75

Where did that come from?  I have no clue!  

8/14 Fairways

8 greens

28 putts

3 birdies

2 penalties!!!!                         I can still play if just a little bit......gosh darn it!  LOL

beastmode.jpg

The little guy kills it on the lanes.  Above is him in "Beast Mode"...LOL....doing what he does!! He already has a 300 and too many 700 series to count!  ...and he's just 13.  He's already earning college scholarship money in the tournaments he plays.  I hope he sticks with it!! Whether he bowls in college or not, that money is his to keep. 

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Had a tidy 87 yesterday.

45 out with 1 triple, a double, 4 bogeys and 3 pars.

42 back with 7 bogeys and 2 pars.

Lots of silly bogeys and the triple should never have been as bad as it was! 

Very happy with the overall found though as it was, I guess, pretty good bogey golf with no utterly devistating blow out holes.

On the plus side I put a new stiff shaft in my Nike covert 1.0 3w and the difference has been night and day! Average distance is 250 off the tee whereas previously it was 213 yards. 

My misses with the old club where always big slices when I went hard at the ball. Now it's a much better, consistent  draw and the only time I miss right is when I push the ball out there! No more power slices off the tee! 

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Played Sat and Sun - Normal game is creeping back in.  But I lost a LOT of tee shots on Sunday (see the penalties?  but I found nearly 20 balls just looking for my bad tee shots (Fairway stat pretty much shows my provisional, not the bad tee shot).  8 lost balls (lots of leaves, and gunk reeds or water at most fairway edges, stuff like that)

Couldn't keep it together.  Sculling and thinning shots that last week were just automatic, just really mediocre play.  Golf is hard.    ; )

MWSnap 2015-10-26, 09_42_05.jpg

MWSnap 2015-10-26, 09_40_57.jpg

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

I don't post on this thread very often as my game rarely produces anything to crow about.  Today was different.  1.7 differential and an even par score of 72.  ( 9 shots over my age but I am getting closer).  The couple hundred yards walk back to the clubhouse was pretty easy this afternoon being 1-2 feet off the ground.  

• Upvote 2

Brian Kuehn

Played a very special round of Golf today. My uncle who passed away loved to play golf. After the funeral we all ate, drank and played a round at his favorite golf course in memory of him. 18 Holes shot 89. Kept my head down, played with a real purpose and did it for him. He would be proud. 

Edited by The Bogey Guy
  • Upvote 4

What's in the bag?
2 Iron, 3 Iron, 4 Iron, 5 Iron, 6 Iron, 7 Iron, 8 Iron, 9 Iron, PW, GW, 3 Wood, 5 Wood, Putter
Titleist Irons, Callaway Woods and a Jack Nicklaus putter. Cigars and a case of Stella.

Played my personal best half (9 holes) round yesterday.  Shot a 50.  Sounds bad but I beat my previous PB by 12 strokes.  I guess the long hours at the driving range are paying off.

• Upvote 2

:callaway: Mens Strata Plus set

Protected by Ruger firearms.

If you hear my shot, I wasnt aiming at you

A miserable 107 at my course.  6321 yards off the whites, slope 129, rated 70.6.  The rough is thick and ankle deep so missing the fairway costs both strokes and balls.  I got punished out there - looking forward to next time and breaking 90 for the first time there!  We're headed into summer so should be a bit more roll on the fairways - conversely the greens will probably be lightning.  I just hope they trim that rough!

I am 75 and came real close to breaking my age with a 77 and a 78 this year. 

But most of my rounds average 82 on my home course which is on the short side, 5360 yards  from white tees, but.....lots of trees, hills, ponds, creeks.  If you can keep it straight, you will score very good. Many new players end up with lousy scores.

For those of you who have trouble breaking 95, here is a hint. Play intentionally for bogeys. Which means swing at 75% of your maximum speed. Most golfers can get within 100 yards of  Greens in (Par-2) strokes. Then it is 3 more shots to a bogey. For example take a 390 yard Par 4.Tee-shot 175 yards. 2nd shot 150 yards. Now you are 65 yards from green. Aim between flag and for middle of green for 3rd shot. 2 putts and you carded a bogey!

Limit practice to chipping 70% and putting 20% and long clubs 10%.   If you swing intentionally at 75%, your long clubs will be under control.

Edited by bobby14HC
  • Upvote 1

The weather was perfect and my hip wasn't throbbing for the first time in a month. My fellow  golfing buddy minimalist and I played a really fun course. I only had 8 clubs and struggled with the same ones the driver and putter and shot a 52. He played four and shot 49. He replaced a five iron with a 3 iron hybrid and what a difference. A keeper. He might drop his putter now

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

~6 hc index. Pretty happy about that, but I feel the course was a little overrated.

Drove the ball poorly outside of a few massive drives. Keeping it in play, but not giving myself easy looks at the green. However, I was just on with the 3wood and my irons. Chipping/pitching solid but leaving myself a very long birdie putt most of the time. 

Practice, practice, practice.

Shot an 89 (41-48) today at Needwood Golf Course.  I joined up with some young guys, so we played from the blues, where I normally played from the whites.  On the front I played as well as I had in a long time.  I made a number of long putts including one that was 35 feet or so.  I fell apart and the back, though.  The last 4 holes sucked, triple, double, double, double.

Here's my card:

http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/315-31853247-31853574

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

42-39-81

The "season" is over and we're done posting but the weather has been very nice and the course is in awesome shape. My short game has just rounded into form, just in time for Thanksgiving.

Bill M

Shot 98 at The Oaks Golf Club Pass Christian, MS.  First time playing in 3 weeks because of health issues (DVT in right lower leg)...6 strokes better on back 9...