IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played twice on the weekend, this time from the back tees (73.8, 142).  Our club does a seeding qualification for the Championship Flight of our club championship.  Play as many times as you want, they use the best score to seed the matches, so I was hoping to play well and avoid a tough first round match..  First day, I played pretty well, on the hottest day of the past 100 years.  I was doing great, but ran out of gas at the end, went bogey-triple on the last two for 81.  Not bad at a 6 handicap.  Sunday, it wasn't quite so hot (only 97 or so and humid), and I had another 81.  A little bit off all day, in hindsight maybe overswinging on too many shots, but I finished par-par.  We have a fun tournament on Saturday, but I'll get one more shot at a good seeding round on Sunday.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I shot a 60, and no, that's not a misprint. Well I only took 60 strokes. Some friends needed a 4th for special deal at one of the above average courses. I don't normally play on weekends, but these are my golf buddies. What was I supposed to do? 

I am no where able to make full swings as yet. Maybe next week, or the week after. I can chip, and putt however.

So the deal was I could drop a ball, 3 driver lengths off the green, at a point furthest from the pin. If that point was in a bunker so be it. My par was 54. I lost 4 strokes due to bunkers, and being tentative with my swing. 

We had a good time, even though it was windy and hot. BTW, you SoCal folks need to cut down on your smoking. :-D

This might be an old post from a few weeks ago that I didn't submit? 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Yesterday it down poured rain, so we waited it out in the clubhouse until we saw a break in the clouds.  It was still raining pretty heavily but one of my golf buddies was adamant that we go out and play, there wasn't lightning so I grabbed my rain gear from my locker and we went out.

It turned out to be a lot of fun, I was trying shots I wouldn't normally try and was a little more aggressive on tee shots than I am normally.  Some shots worked great others didn't but all in all a great, though wet, round of golf.  43-38 for a 81.

I played golf yesterday for the second time in the past 2 months. I shot 100 with the last three holes being quadruple bogey, quadruple bogey, double bogey. 

Still have yet to break 100. My last round before this I went triple, triple, bogey, triple to shoot exactly 100. 

My mental game is so horrific. 

My score and the heat index yesterday and today were 103 here in central NJ. Let's see what tomorrow brings with a bit less heat and humidity in the forecast.

Shot a 41 yesterday in wet windy conditions.  Hit 43% of the fairways which is really good for me.  Still missing right, but that is just me.  Working on getting my hips through and wrists to come through to close the face.  Putting was really good this week 1.78 putts a hole which is a huge improvement.  I guess my work on the practice green is helping out.

Overall, pleased with my round.  If I would have thinned my 3rd shot on #9 over the back I would have been flirting with my first ever under 40 round.

49 for 9. Very happy with it, as it was due to good ball striking rather than scrambling. Just a good, solid honest round. 

Tomorrow? Well, let's see...

80 (+8).  40 on the front, and 40 on the back.  The front was 5 bogies, 1 birdie, and 3 pars. The back consisted of 3 double bogies, 2 birdies, and 4 pars.  Lipped out on the final hole on my attempt at 79.  Looking back I really should have gotten it today, two of the doubles were due to hitting balls OB off the tee.  I tried to kill my tee shot and that tends to lead to a massive pull hook.  The other double was on a par 3 where I pushed my tee shot right of the green and flubbed the chip about 2 feet...

I'm not upset at the 80 and I know if I'm going to look at what could have been then I have to take the 3 birdies with the same outlook as those doubles.  However, when you are this close (lipping out your 79) it certainly makes you want to look at those doubles and wonder why you couldn't manage one bogey out of them.

• Upvote 1

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Shot worst round of year 54, for 9.

My aim on 2nd shot was off all day, Left me with horrific lies for 3rd shot. (in heavy rough, down slope with 5 foot to pin).
Not sure if I was bad or just ultra unlucky!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Played like crap and somehow shot a 41. Hit everything fat (even my drives), but scrambled and recovered ok I guess.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

+8 44 on front nine of my favorite local course. That's with 2 OB and 4 3 putts... Talk about missed opportunities. Still, there are some positives. 56% GIR, 1 birdie, and 25% scrambling are pretty good numbers for me. I just need to start actually taking putting seriously more, I didn't even bother doing much to line them up today, just being lazy. 

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Played from the front tees with my wife today. First time I've played from the front using my driver. Shot an 81 (42/39), and was only two over on the back nine. I managed my game very well today, but too many chip and two-putts. Putting is getting better, though. 36 putts, which is about average, but lots of tap-ins. My pitching/chipping from 10-20 yards is horrible. Technique and aim is okay, but I never hit them far enough. I'll take several practice swings, getting the feel for the weight of the club and how hard I want to swing, and then step up to the ball and get scared mid-backswing and end up hitting them way short. Or, sometimes when I do make a decent swing, the ball will pop-up higher than I expect and also end up the same way... short. Making better contact with my pitches and chips, though. So there's that. :-D

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

(edited)

Played in fun little Scramble Tourn today. Had a lot of fun, but no score to report. All of my approaches were either GIR or nGIR so I was happy about that. I did have a solo eagle, my 3rd eagle ever! 

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Played with some friends and shot a lackluster 90.  3 doubles, a triple, and five pars.  The rest were bland bogeys.  I kept having these putts that turned out straight when they didn't feel that way -- maybe my feet are getting worse at reading greens.  :shrug: 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I shot a 96 and I can hear alot of you laughing at that. Take in account I have only played golf atotal of seven times in my life. All on the same course. Ntm I have not played in well over six months. Got my first back to back para so I'm stoked and near my all time low of 98. So way stoked. I only wish I would have found this game before my thirtyfith birthday. Getting better each time. Wanna get a birdie sooo bad. There putted a perfect chance today for over excited and choked

• Upvote 2

A good weekend!  Saturday was our yearly Shootout.  50-some players, and they take the low 3 gross and the low 7 net for a 4 hole shootout, eliminating 3, 3, 2, and then 1 until a winner is decided.  I played pretty well, 77 (net 73), but that wasn't close.  It took 74 to qualify gross, and 69 net tied.  Solid play, but not good enough.  Today was my last chance for a good qualifying round for the Club Championship top flight.  I had a persona best 75 from the back tees (73.8, 142) to move from about slot 13 or 14 to about slot 5.  My swing feels consistent and controlled, my short game is solid, and my putting is decent.  So Labor Day weekend stacks up to be a lot of fun for me :-)

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Shot a 47 today on a dismal, rainy course. Beat the other 3 playing partners (2 of whom told me they shoot in the 80's).

7 of 9 GIRs (probably some sort of personal record), but 2 blowup holes and some 3-putts doomed me to mediocrity. Despite the poor score, it felt good to have that kind of control of my full swing. Seemed to get back some lost distance after a week of focused practice.

Jon

Another 30 mile winds today. 10 gir but an amazing 9 out of 10 up and down for a 73 (1 over) with 2 balls into the water.