IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

40 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

I think that's my biggest issue when someone wants to join up mid round, or even at the turn. Or for that matter, if someone drops out as well. I get into some kind of rhythm that becomes totally out of sync when adding or losing players.

When this happens to me, when playing alone and practicing, I'll gladly welcome the joining player.  But I always give them a chance to back out when I tell them I'm essentially practicing and I'm hitting a few balls on almost every shot.  Usually they join in on the silliness and we still strictly keep pace with the group in front.

A little cool and a few drops  falling.  Played forward tees (5578).

Score  87, 10 penalties mainly on back 9 due to fatigue, mainly from sending a few swimming.  8 Par, 5 bogies, 5 doubles. 64% Fairways,  5 GIR.

Good solid drives and short irons today. Penalties were a result to simply over swinging. 

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My last 10 rounds still have me off to a good start for my 2019/2020 season. 

In order as played. 80, 79, 83, 81, 89, 85, 85, 81, 78, and 84. 

I hav'nt looked up my revised hndcp, after turning these cards in,but I don't think it changed much.

I had three 6s during this run. Two during the round of 89, and one during a round 85. The round of 89 was a struggle in really bad weather.. No excuses though, as I own it the same as the 78/79 rounds. 

My 7 wood, and putter continue to be my best scoring clubs.1

Averaged 31. 3 putts per round, which of course is false stat such as my game is.

Used 4 different courses in the southwest area. 

In between rounds there were practices and Christmas shopping.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Felt like I was hacking the ball around on Monday, but in the end, shot a 78. Yesterday's round was a ho-um 75. 2 birdies, 12 pars, 3 bogeys, and 1 double. On the tee in an hour.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Haven't played in nearly a month, felt good to get out there again. Shot 70 (-2) and hit the ball very well. All in all very solid round in all areas. Hit 14 greens had 29 putts. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

98 at Colony West from the greens.  Damn that course is hard.  But the price was right so we played there.  I find it interesting how the course messes with you with its distance.  There are quite a few long holes where I could not hit driver off the tee due to encroaching trees or restricted landing zones or something.  Frankly, it's too hard a course for me.

After the 75 on Thursday, I started hacking it around again and shot a 81 on Friday, and 84 on Saturday. Sunday, the game came back with a 77.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Not as good as you good golfers, but for me it was not bad at alll. I scored a 98 on a somewhat challenging course - hills, water, and bunkers. This was the second time I played there. 44 on front 9 and 54 on the back 9. I had a couple missed birdies and 3 pars on the front 9, some bogies, and some double and triple bogies throughout, 1 bad bunker shot (went over the green and had to pitch back), and some extra pitches which cost me some strokes.

Here is where this gets interesting. I practiced some Saturday in my shop hitting about a 100 or so balls and simply as carefree as I could. If I felt I was tensing or thinking too much, I simply slowed up and chilled and placed my thoughts on other things.

I put hardly no thought into it at all. I just let my body do its thing you might say. Several times while practicing I even closed my eyes and hit balls just to see what would happen. I kept thinking I would simply swing wildly and mis-hit. What was amazing was I hit them solid.

Sunday I went out and shot a round with a buddy with the same "light" thinking process. Didn't even get to warm up because the practice range was closed due to being too wet, so we only could practice putting before the round. I basically paid no attention to all the traditional instructions I have learned like grip position, grip pressure, stance, arm position, back swing, down swing, lag, no lag, arms straight, head up, head down, slide, no slide, shaft lean, wrist release, (add as much as you like here), etc.

Here is what I did do. Before the shots, I put my thoughts on distances and course strategy more along the lines of where I want and need to hit the ball to. Forgetting the rest of the clutter, I simply stepped up to the ball and took the shot . Each and every time I went with my gut instinct on club selection and let my body decide what was needed. I hit my irons well enough I never pulled my woods out of my bag.

We even had three holes where the sun blinded us on the tee shots and I hit the balls pretty much straight down the fairways! The Sun was so bad we had to drive the cart up about where we guessed the balls would be to try to find them after the hit. On the last hole blinded by the Sun my ball was center fairway about 30 yds farther than we both thought I hit it.

Shot a 91 yesterday, with 8 GIR/nGIR. I was flipping during the first two thirds of the round and hitting some ugly hooks that resulted in 6 penalty strokes from OB and also put my tee balls in bad spots. Luckily, flipping is something I've worked on with my instructor, so I know some drills to help fix it, but I struggle to make swing fixes mid round.

Finally worked it out by the 14th hole, but damage was done by that point.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Played this morning in pretty chilly weather. A buddy had an early tee time and offered me an invite. 

Shot an 83, (41 - 42) with 30 putts. As is normal for me it was either bogey, or par

My 7W, and wedges were my top gamers this morning. Hit some really nice shots with them.

Shot of the round was 15'+/- putt I made for a par. Then, I followed that up on the next hole with a missed 3 footer for a par, and settled for a 2 putt  bogey. Such is golf.

In My Bag:

72, 74, 69, 69 and 71. Last weekend and so far this week.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Didn't play Monday or Tuesday, trying to take a little time off. Shot a 78 on Wednesday, 85 on Thursday, and an 82 yesterday. Can't seem to stay focused on the game. Maybe it's the holidays.

I played three rounds during the past week. All on my local course, and all in the low 80s. (81,82, 80)

I missed a 4' foot, easy putt on the second hole yesterday, that would have eventually gave me 79. Also would of had me at 89 total putts, instead of 90.

Obviously there were other stroke saving shots missed. That 4' footer just kind of stands out. 

Just a good week of consistent golf with some old, good friends. .

Later today my Granddaughter and I are going to play 9 holes, as she started her holiday break yesterday.  

In My Bag:

Ended up with an ugly 79 today. 3 double bogeys, 3 bogeys, 10 pars, and 2 birdies. I've got to get rid of those doubles.

9 minutes ago, Rkrider99 said:

Ended up with an ugly 79 today. 3 double bogeys, 3 bogeys, 10 pars, and 2 birdies. I've got to get rid of those doubles.

It's not like you set out to make doubles.  Usually a double bogey is the result of 1) Faulty thinking,  2) A failed shot... combined with...  3) A failed putt. 

Pick 2.

I clawed out a rotten 111 today. I missed at least 3 or 4 four-footers, then I threw in a 12 to start out the round. 55-56. My brother played bad as well: 71-71 for a 142. Worst combined round in a long time. 

19 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's not like you set out to make doubles.  Usually a double bogey is the result of 1) Faulty thinking,  2) A failed shot... combined with...  3) A failed putt. 

Pick 2.

95% of the time for me, a double or worse is caused by #2 and #3. #1 will work its way into the mix occasionally, but I’ve definitely improved my course management, which is a good part of the mental part of golf. 

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot