IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

81 (42/39) on a par 72 today, that's more like it, my last round was amazing, I thought I'd just rebound back into the upper 80's.  So I'm gratified that the drives and approaches are staying on game.  I think this latest improvement ramp is sticking.  Replayed the front 9 and then got a 40 and that included a triple on just a bad #6 (par, birdie, par, par, par, TRIPLE, bogie, par (narrowly missed a birdie), bogie) .  So was going great (for me) except for that hole.  I'm looking at fleshing out the bag now with a wedge set.  That's just the thing.  I could see today where it would have made a difference.  Winter is going to be tough now.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 83 or 11 over .

Driver was really bad - fade and slice.

Putting so so

However , i got my irons swing bad ... sometimes we tend to think to much and screw things up.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Shot Even Par ( 72 ) at my club , best round for 2012 .

Blue Tees 68.3 / 108

Tee Shot was so so , but Irons , short game & putting  were really in form.

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Yesterday, shot a very hungover 104 at Feather Sound Country Club - round was over before it started with first 3 drives yanked left into adjacent fairway. Today was a more respectable 95 at my home course. The one positive I will take from this weekend was me getting more comfolrtable with my new long putter. (2nd + 3rd rounds with it)

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Had a really rough day. At the course there were 3 groups of 6 and a sprinkling of guys with their wives and kids on the course. I was walking and jumped in with a guy who was "teaching" another guy (who has never played) and his 13 yr old son how to hit the ball. 3 HOURS TO PLAY 9 HOLES!!!!!!! I never thought a game I liked so much could be so tourcherous. I shot a 50 on the front (3 hrs) 9. Then shot a 45 on the back, trying to hurry to get 9 in before dar k. Like I said rough day at the course.....

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Started the day off the back nine with a horrid 49. I could do nothing right. Only two good holes. After a slow start I blistered the front with a 37, included two 7's

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Yesterday I shot a 99, which may be the first time breaking 100 since I started playing again this year.  I say "may" because I loathe carrying around a scorecard, and I haven't been keeping track much until recently, when I got an app that helps me out :)

All men are frauds.  The only difference between them is some men admit it.  I myself deny it. - HLM

82 at the Wilds (71.9/147) first time I ever played here - This pushed the handicap down below 10 for the first time ever.  two birdies, 7 each pars/bogies, one double, one triple.

First time I used my two new wedges (60 and 50).  The first shot ever on the 60 was a 35 yard lob to the green on a short par 4 - resulted in a birdie (2 for the day) - I guess I like that wedge just fine as a couple other similar shots were pretty effective too.  and Daylight savings had us playing the last three pretty much in the dark.  So many good shots on the day, I can't pick a favorite at all.  But the other birdie on 18 in the dark was especially a fun surprise (driver, 8i, 8 foot curvy putt).  This might be the last round of the year.  Good way to end.  I hope I can pick up in the spring from where I'm leaving off - it's a lot of fun right now.

oh - two sand saves, trying a new technique.  one of them chipped in...

Bill - 

I shot a 96 on a short par 70 course, which represents a major accomplishment for me. I typically play a full 18 holes with friends and the dynamic of those outings is very casual (beer, cigars, laughs etc...). The end result is usually less than impressive (105-110). However when I play "serious" I'm usually by myself at a 9 hole (34.7 rating) course on which I perform fairly decently (low 40's).

So this weekend I ended up going out to a decent 18 hole course by myself and engaged in a more serious effort. Although I felt as if I wasn't playing to the best of my present abilities, I still managed to break 100 for the first time on a par 70 course. This is a score that I was hoping to be regularly hitting by now and I hope is indicative of progress after just 7 months of course play (and lots of practice).

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Shot a 95 on a par 71 at my home course in Guatemala... tough course.. not too long but a lot of out of bounds and hazards.  I was a 36 hcp 6 months ago and have been playing more lately and paying more attention to course management and have managed to be shooting 25+ to 31+. So this is a good score for me.  Have trouble with the driver so I used the 3 hybrid at almost all the tees.  Can't figure out if I need to change the shaft in my Driver from R to Stiff since I think its too light.  Unfortunately here in Guatemala equipment y very limited so I haven't found a launch monitor to see my speed and there's no one to custom fit my clubs for better playing.

Missed 2 birdie chances on 5 & 6, almost whined like a baby since I've never made a birdie and I left the ball an inch off the hole in both of them (but still grateful that I had birdie chances at all).  But the they will come someday and I shall celebrate.   Will compete on an amateur tournament this weekend with a 31 hcp..  hope it goes well.

As the season comes to an end, my game has improved drastically (all that range session this season really paid-off):

Shot 76 on Saturday (6800 yds 70.2/135)

Shot 75 on Sunday (6700 yds 71.2/132)

I just hope I can keep my swing through the winter.  As long as the snow stays away, I should be able to play through the winter, but that is a crap shoot from one year to another.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

17 pars and a double (drove it behind a tree on the toughest hole on the course). 14 GIRs. Don't think I've ever been more confident in my iron play -- just need to turn some of those those birdie looks into actual birdies.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

shot a 91 on the toughest course i have ever played, and haven't played there since june.  also played from the whites which was 7,000 yards.  this course is frequently a tournament course for a local college, and plays 7,500 from the tips.  my best score ever is 89, so i played really well for me.

wound up having 33 putts, which is well above excellent for me.

lost 4 drives, including one in the water, so that was 7 penalty strokes plus 2 other iron/wood shots that i lost in the woods.  could have dropped those and i would have been in the low 80s.

Golf is almost over here in the midwest. I'm changing courses in 2013, so I'm trying to savor my final rounds played on a course that I've called home since 2006. Over the past month, my scoring has been very mediocre. Nothing much good or bad to talk about......

72.5cr 137slope:
It was 42 degrees on the first tee with a wind chill in the 30's. Definite "cart cover" golf!! The front 9 was typical of many scores over the past month....3 bogeys 1 birdie........(+2) 38 was the result.  It's nothing to get excited or complain about........just more of the same'ol boring results. The putter heated up on the inward nine........4 birdies/no bogeys (-4) 32!! 2 under par 70!! It's definitely my best round in quite a while and it came from out of nowhere in cold windy conditions.
13 Fairways
10 greens
27 putts...........including a 2 putt birdie from about 7' on the last hole. LOL
2/3 sand saves
It sure was fun to play at least 1 more really good round on the old "Home Track" before the season ended. I'm already thinking towards 2013....my new course is a beast and I have yet o figure it out.  Next year will definitely be interesting and my HC will definitely be rising.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Short, "Executive" course, par 60, 3608 yds, rating/slope unknown (played 18 of 27 hole course). Used new Taylor 4h for first time. Shot 68: 11 pars, 6 bogies, 1 double. My chipping from short range was best ever with 4 up-and-downs (no sandies), due mainly to minimizing wrist action. Also, reading the break better - walk all the way around the hole and LOOK. I really like the new 4hybrid off the tee from about 180-190, really solid contact. If I keep working on my short game the sub-80 round will come.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball