IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Had the round of my life, and not sure I will ever beat it, although had a nightmare start.

Doubled first, bogey 2nd 3rd and 5th, played the next 13 holes in -2 for a round of 74 on a par 71!

My best previous score was something like +11, so this was a big jump!

First round in about five, six weeks.  Went +11 through the first 9, then got it to +5 through the back 9.  Pretty pleased, but my over the top move has returned with a vengeance.  :(

Shot a 75 on a fairly easy par 70 course. Didn't bring much skill with me today.

I played 9 holes before my round and made 3 birdies on that nine and shot 1 under par for that 9...But it was different story in the round that counted.

Didn't do anything really bad but certainly didn't do anything really good either. Ho hum...And that doesn't win anything.

Played my first round of 18 at home for this season. It was cold, it was breezy, and the course was soaked. But the sun was out and I was playing golf. I shot 94 with 6/14 FIR and 4 GIR.

101 on a 120 slope course at 6000 yrds.....two quads did me in. this was hands down the best I've ever struck the ball.  short game and putting are costing me way too many strokes.  my quest for 99 continues.....

I shot an 84 (right around my average) but it was great for me because I started off double, 10 on a par 5, double. Then finished the front with a few pars and more bogeys. But back nine I went par par par par bogey birdie bogey par. My best nine I have ever shot on a tough course. All my pars and birdies were tap ins too !

106 in my first game of PAR. Didn't really like the format of the game, I think I prefer stroke or stableford. At least your score is a bit closer to reality than par. Oh well never mind always next week

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

I didnt play today but the last round I played was after work at my employer, Royal Manchester Golf Links. First time on the course and i shot a 92. Best round of the year. Hit about 60% of fairways off the tee. Still a little inconsistent with the driver. Irons played great, wedges were ok, the putter showed up today. only one 3 putt vs the usual 5-6. overall was really happy

Belmont Country Club
White Tees 69.8 / 125

April 21, 2013

EAGLE BIRDIE PAR BOGEY 2BOGEY+

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 OUT 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 IN TOTAL
WHITE 362 109 442 399 498 367 330 198 458 3163 400 166 517 161 367 309 351 304 512 3087 6250
HANDICAP 9 17 1 3 11 5 15 7 13 2 12 6 16 10 14 4 18 8
PAR 4 3 4 4 5 4 4 3 5 36 4 3 5 3 4 4 4 4 5 36 72
SCORE 5 3 6 5 4 5 7 3 6 44 7 5 7 4 5 4 4 6 7 49 93
ROUND SCORE +1 +1 +3 +4 +3 +4 +7 +7 +8 +8 +11 +13 +15 +16 +17 +17 +17 +19 +21 +21 +21
NET SCORE 5 3 6 5 4 5 7 3 6 44 7 5 7 4 5 4 4 6 7 49 93
TEE CLUB 1W Gw 5i 5i 1W 3W 3Hy 4Hy 3W 1W 8i 3W 8i 1W 5i 1W 5i 1W
FAIRWAYS ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ ⇒ x ⇐ ⇒ 14% ⇐ ⇒ ⇐ x ⇒ x ⇐ 29% 21%
GIR x x x 33% 0% 17%
PUTTS 2 2 2 2 1 2 2 2 2 17 1 2 1 2 2 1 1 2 1 13 1.7/30
SAND SHOTS 1 2 3 1 1 2 4 7

Second day in a row to not finish due to slow play. Just played the front 9 both days. Well I made it through 7.5 holes Sat and 5 today. Was ready to pull my hair out. Before bailing out after the 5th hole I arrived at the 6th tee to find 3 groups waiting, 2x2 and 3some. Slow group ahead was 3 walkers playing horrific golf. The other groups equally bad. Really frustrating watching someone that just took 5 shots to get 200 yds from the tee waiting for a green to clear 195 yds away. Two people asked if I wanted to join their group and I declined because I wouldn't have finished anyway so I left.

Ranger rolled up to grab the trash and water cooler from the shed as part of her closing procedure and I asked how things could get so slow. She chalked it up to a busy day. I mentioned that this was the 2nd time in as many days to get stuck behind new golfers not picking up and she looked at me like I was a jerk for mentioning it.

Anyway to get through 7 holes yesterday took 2.5 hrs. It was getting cold as we neared 6PM today and I was just through 5 holes in roughly 1.5 hrs. Going to send the pro an email tomorrow. Can't play like that. Waiting that long, Watching people duff it all over the course has a way of getting into my head. Now I have two incomplete cards to deal with.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Dave2512

Second day in a row to not finish due to slow play. Just played the front 9 both days. Well I made it through 7.5 holes Sat and 5 today. Was ready to pull my hair out. Before bailing out after the 5th hole I arrived at the 6th tee to find 3 groups waiting, 2x2 and 3some. Slow group ahead was 3 walkers playing horrific golf. The other groups equally bad. Really frustrating watching someone that just took 5 shots to get 200 yds from the tee waiting for a green to clear 195 yds away. Two people asked if I wanted to join their group and I declined because I wouldn't have finished anyway so I left.

Ranger rolled up to grab the trash and water cooler from the shed as part of her closing procedure and I asked how things could get so slow. She chalked it up to a busy day. I mentioned that this was the 2nd time in as many days to get stuck behind new golfers not picking up and she looked at me like I was a jerk for mentioning it.

Anyway to get through 7 holes yesterday took 2.5 hrs. It was getting cold as we neared 6PM today and I was just through 5 holes in roughly 1.5 hrs. Going to send the pro an email tomorrow. Can't play like that. Waiting that long, Watching people duff it all over the course has a way of getting into my head. Now I have two incomplete cards to deal with.

Wow!! Makes me glad not too many people around here like to play golf. I played 36 holes Saturday with 4 people in our group and it took 6 1/2 hours and a half hour of that was getting a hot dog and some nachos.

Played a quick nine holes yesterday.

Played with some team mates as we where the receiving team in competition.

hole 1. 330 yrd par 4 slight dogleg right

tee shot to left side fairway with 3wd. hit a nice pitch with my 52 degr wedge to about 12 feet 2 putted

hole 2. 490 yrd par 5

Tee shot to left rough, rescue to right green side rough pitch to about 15 feet 2 putted

hole 3. 150 yrd par 3 green slopes from back to front massive flag position on front.

teeshot with pw to front off green about 8 feet from hole 1 putted

hole 4. tricky 384 yrd par 4 with water hazard on 280 yrd.

teeshot with 3 iron to right semi rough, 7 iron slightly pulled to left green ( save side ) chip to 1 foot 1 putt

Hole 5. Dogleg right 492 yrd par 5 water all the way down he right

Great drive off the tee about 290 yrd to center fairway, hit 5 iron over the water to just left off the green chip 1 putted for birdie

Hole 6 par 3 183 yrd

Hit a solid 6 iron to 18 feet and holed the putt

Hole 7 short 306 yrd dogleg right par 4 bunkers at 250 yrd

hit my hybrid just in front of bunker hit a 3/4 52 gap wedge hit it so pure it came off the green with backspin 2 putted for par

hole 8 a 410 yrd dogleg left par 4 small fairway big hill on the left and bunkers on driving distance on the right.

teeshot in fairway bunker 164 yrd from hole hit a smooth 6 iron out but pulled it slightly to the left greenside bunker, found a plugged bunker lie and skinned my 58 wedge over the green and the greenside bunker on the rightside off the green, pitched it to about 9 feet and 2 putted

Hole 9 par 3 195 yrd water left and behind bunker left front off green and center right green

hit a flush 6 iron with a light draw to front left green and 2 putted for par

making my round a -1 for the front nine.

Need to say this is the easy part off the course i normally play back nine +4/5 on good days

was hitting my irons pretty solid i liked the way i played. short game looks in good shape so i'm happy

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

77 on aerated greens - it was ridiculous trying to putt, chip on those things. First couple of holes, I hit the greens in reg and was about 10 feet away and 3-putted. Didn't hit the ball hard enough. Anyway by the end of the round, I was slamming the putts, and made a couple, including a few birdies.

Easier course:

6057 yd. 114 69.6

http://www.golfnow.com/course-directory/florida-golf-courses/sun-city-center-golf-courses/sandpiper-golf-club---palm-course

90. Worst round this season so far. I made absolutely nothing on the greens. I was in three fairway bunkers and made double each time.

I though I was salvaging a decent back nine and made a triple on the 16th hole. Can you say "shank"?

Bill M

Shot an 89 on my home course today - best round ever for me.  I shot an 87 there before, but it was from the next set of tees forward so the slope/course rating made my differential 1 stroke better today.  Hit 63% fairways, 33 putts, only 1 penalty stroke for the entire round.  I obviously still left plenty of strokes out there, but overall I was pleased with my game...as long as it's improving, I feel like I'm making progress.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Congrats Mac.

I triple bogeyed 18 to card a 90. One stroke less and I would have had my best round for a fair while and on a course I've not played before too.

Really good ball striking day (bar the 18th tee! ) but left a few out there with poor pitching and a handful of three putts.