IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Came in with a 75 today (par 72). Pretty solid round for me, but there was a lot of room for improvement. Hit a ball OB on an easy par 5 which led to a double bogey, and then bogeyed the last 3 holes to end the round. Aside from that, I hit the ball well today, and putted much better than I have been.

78 today (par 72, 6300 yards).  this is twice now i've played with a group of guys who are mostly single digit handicappers, and both times i've lost money to them.  i shot 77 last time and lost $10.  only lost $2 today, but still... i'm beginning to suspect the guy keeping track of the "dots" might be smudging the numbers a bit because he's always the one everyone winds up handing the money to, and i know he isn't playing more than a stroke or two better than i am overall.

6,950 yds.  73.7/132.  That's a long course for me.....

80 with 2 birdies, a double, and a 3-jack from 20 feet.  Pretty solid round on a tough course if not for those two swings.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last night 84 in gusting wind par 71 69.3/119, 42 a side. Started with a triple after the wind blew my ball into a pond. Because of the wind I started the ball at the right side of the green and the wind blew it all the way over the green and it hit a downslope and bounced into the reeds. It was nuts considering it was a knock down 7i from 155 and it looked like an overdone high draw by the time the wind got it.

Dave :-)

Went and played a 9 hole course and shot a 46 which is my best 9 holes so far.  Starting to feel a lot better with the putter.  Still need to work on the driver and chipping though.

Today was the first round of the club championship and I shot a 3 over 75 which ties me for the lead. Left a couple of shots out there and the greens were running quite a bit faster than normal which took a few holes to get the feel for. Otherwise I was pretty happy with the round.

72 (+1) in a Medal comp inc. a stupid snowman (8) on our par 5 4th after an almost perfect drive. Grrr.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

72 (+1) in a Medal comp inc. a stupid snowman (8) on our par 5 4th after an almost perfect drive. Grrr.

Those are the worst, aren't they? Was grooving on the back nine heading to my first sub-50 nine in months with a 41 going into 18. OK drive - pulled it left and short but in the fairway about 210 out. Went with an easy 5-wood to an elevated green - topped it into a fairway bunker, punched out to the fairway, flew the green with my wedge, duffed my chip, finally on in six then three putted for a 9. Just lovely.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

AK,

Today's the first day of 4 round stretch on 3 different courses in 2 different States (Sunol Valley/CA, Delta View,/CA, Arrowcreek/Reno Nevada, Ditto).  I did not start out well with a 93 on my home course.  4/14 FHs  led to 0 GIRs.  Pitiful.  I tried to overwhelm the ball today and got burned.   A triple on a 18th handicap hole added insult to injury.   Had 32 putts which included three 3-putts, ouch.

Things will get tougher with Delta View - a difficult course, and Arrowcreek - difficult AND first timer for me.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Smashed the longest drive I have ever hit (280-290) straight down the fairway and in front of half a dozen people which was cool.  haha  Birdied the hole actually and I was on a nice roll for several holes but then things kinda went to hell and finished around my usual score, +21.

80 and a bummer double, bogey finish with a total of 3 doubles. Otherwise a good day despite flirting with OB twice. 38/42 69.3/119 par 71. All putting and no long game today.

80 and a bummer double, bogey finish with a total of 3 doubles. Otherwise a good day despite flirting with OB twice. 38/42 69.3/119 par 71. All putting and no long game today.

I swear that I will never again play with no sleep.

Shot a 112 yesterday (60/52) - five snowmen (all on par 4s)

Almost made the back 9 respectable until making sure I finished up #18 with my final snowman of the day.

9/14 fairways, 32 putts. Driver was ok, the irons made sure i had a miserable day.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

AK,

Today's the first day of 4 round stretch on 3 different courses in 2 different States (Sunol Valley/CA, Delta View,/CA, Arrowcreek/Reno Nevada, Ditto).  I did not start out well with a 93 on my home course.  4/14 FHs  led to 0 GIRs.  Pitiful.  I tried to overwhelm the ball today and got burned.   A triple on a 18th handicap hole added insult to injury.   Had 32 putts which included three 3-putts, ouch.

Things will get tougher with Delta View - a difficult course, and Arrowcreek - difficult AND first timer for me.

Things indeed got tougher with Delta View and I carded a 98 today.  It was 100+ degrees hot and I got worn down by heat toward the end.   Two par 5 holes did all the damage with 9 and 10.  Otherwise, it would have been a good round given the course difficulty.  In fact, it lowered my handicap index by 0.1.   No 3 putts but I missed number of short and medium range putts.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)