IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

41-38=79. The guy I was golfing with wanted to play the back tees. ~6700 yards. The course was absolutely soaked. No roll. In fact most balls plugged. The course probably played closer to 7000 yards. Range was closed due to water. No warm up. Triple bogeyed the second hole. Lots of srambling pars. Lots of long iron and hybrid approaches. Drove the ball great (13/14 FIR), but I found out I was flying the ball only 230-240 off the tee and there was no roll. Almost all par 4's were 390+. My partner is a 14 capper and didn't break 100. Brutal day.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Played a disappointing 93 (50+43) yesterday on a course I had never played before. I was driving the ball better than ever, but didn't hit a single good full swing iron or wedge all round, as indicated by a measly GIR of 4. That, and a bad short game leading to 37 putts tells me I have some work to do. The 4 penalties I had to take didn't help either. Highlight of the round were the first five holes on the back nine, which I played in par. Sadly after that my game broke down and I finished with double, double, double and bogie. Oh well.

Yesterday I played 36 holes.  I think there was a 30 minute visit to club house between the two rounds. I scored 81/82  for the two loops. Nothing really spectacular. I hit some good shots, and missed, what I considered some makeable putts. Each round had a hole or two that kind of stunk up the place. No penalties strokes was a  bright spot. Winning a few skins also made the day more rewarding.

What was interesting was was the score I shot on second 9 of the first round, and the first 9 of the second round. In that 18 hole stretch, I scored a (39/38) 77. Just adds more fuel to the fire to break 80 sooner, or later.

BTW, the two rounds took almost 9 hours to complete. Luckily the cart person provided the needed, continued hydration beverages to keep us (foursome) going in the near triple digit heat.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

81 on Friday - 30 MPH wind on a new course to me - par 72.  nice shape.  #18 was a Par 5 500 yard hole down wind.  I had an 8 foot putt for Eagle that stopped on the edge of the hole.  But I got there with Driver 9 iron - that's a first (330 drive, 170 9i - that's WINDY - my 'typical' for those clubs are 270, 135.....).  My wife bent down over that last putt and just stared at the ball and it fell in.  I wrote it as a birdie as she likely blew on it.  (that said, I think the putt would have fell, but I was putting down a punch mark line from the aeration a week prior - too bad, next time).  But I've never hit that yardage with a 9i approach before for sure.  Fun round.  9 and 18 were down wind and both I had eagle putt attempts - hey, as long as I get the opportunities....

44 on Sunday (same course I hit 35 on last time I played.....that's 'golf' for sure....par 36, tight but simple layout) - I can really see how not practicing is affecting my game.  Apparently, I am NOT a natural.  Need that practice time for sure.

Bill - 

Brookside course 1 Blues (72.7/130?  -  6800+ yards today for tournaments): worked around the shotgun start with 300 competitors on both courses. Wow it was a madhouse in the making.

89 (45/44), 3 doubles, 12 bogeys, 2 pars, 1 birdie, 12/15 FW, 3/18 GIR, 36 putts (1- 1 putt, 16- 2 putts, 1- 3 putt), a bunch of nGIR, but mostly hard right and pin high.

Good news is that I am pin high, bad news is that they end up 10-20 yards right. Irons are getting longer, now if I can only get rid of the hook. :roll:

After some really tough golf in FL this last week, I am so happy to be able to break 90 even if only by one stroke. I certainly hope one month (or year) from now I can beat 85 on this course.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My previous round ended poorly, but I still managed an 81.

...and the game today started where that one left off.  ...and I ended up with an 89.  :(

46-40 for a +14 86. I stopped playing for a couple weeks cause I got the shanks real badly for two range sessions in a row, and I wasn't optimistic at all for today's round. The front nine was a bit dicey but I was pleasantly surprised with how the back nine went. Can't seem to keep the double bogeys off the scorecard, though...

-Rich

Brookside Course 1 Blues Front 9: 46

2 doubles, 6 bogey, 1 par, 4/7 FW, 0 GIR, 16 putts.

Well the good news is my drives are about 20 yards longer and I hit them the same as my irons. Unfortunately, I've been hooking my irons and continue to do so. The reason for the drastic change is I decided to use my Cobra Bio Cell driver with the PX6.0 shaft fitted for me, and those are the results. Plus, I now have a blister on my thumb on the left side of my thumbnail.

I guess the distance gain on my driver is fine and all, but shooting my second shot from behind a tree is not all that fun. Going to try it out for a couple more days to see if I can get rid of the hook.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

One of my best rounds ever. Not score-wise as I only shot a 49, but I was playing on a course I've never played and from tees I had no business playing. I didn't look at the scorecard closely enough and just started playing the blues. 3333 Yards, 36.4/135.

Anyway, I had to tee off with the driver on every hole except for the two par 3's and only missed two fairways, one of which ended up O.O.B. The other penalty came when I hit a second shot with a 3 wood into some tall grass and decided to take a drop when the guys who had just let me play through started to catch up.

After I started hitting my woods better off the fairway, it was one of the few rounds where I had confidence with every club in the bag.

Jon

Best. Round. Ever.

Shot a 41-36=77.

Beat my PR by 9 strokes!!!

Drove the ball like garbage, but had some good recovery shots...putted well, irons were money. Just one of those days. Now when I go out and shoot in the 90s I'll wonder what the hell happened. Chipped in (putter) on 18 for a birdie to finish the back 9 at even par. Beating my best 9 by 5 strokes.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/SliceofLife/round/110070

• Upvote 2
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Walked 9 tonight for the first time in over 2 months due to injury to left foot. Really glad to be walking the course again. Played 9 at 1 over thanks to falling back to old ways. Best I've ever played. Club championship this weekend.

Brookside Course 1 White (67.5/117 5735 yards) 81-(41/40): longest drive 267 yards, shortest drive 208 yard worm burner. Longest measured carry 244 yards where it plugged.

The rating is probably correct for the current conditions, as they seem to be moving some tee boxes back and making more difficult tees.

Before getting too excited about the score, they were aerating the greens and the 2nd through the 6th holes were about 30 yards short, and they used the fairway for greens. The flag was stuck 30 yards short of the green on the fairway. I have pictures I might post in the aeration thread if anyone is interested. The putter was useless unless you were within a foot. I almost drove the green on 14. 20 yards shy of the fringe. Stats were 12 bogey, 5 par, 1 birdie on a real green on a par 4. Missed two more birdie opportunities. With that stated here are the detailed stats: 13/14 fairways, 4/18 GIR, 21 putts. Had a scramble from behind the pin on two holes. One for par one for bogey. I overshot two regular greens. I'm not used to playing the white tees.

I got used to the Cobra driver.

It was a fun round, and if not for overshooting two greens and getting one ball OB for a bogey scramble, I think I could have broken 80. Oh, well. Next time.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

I have off today for Rosh Hashannah (NYC School Teacher) but my wife still has work AND our 4 month old son still had daycare so I had today circled as a golf today for about 2 months. I haven't played 18 holes since early August and was looking forward to playing with one of my coworkers.

About two days ago the forecast for the Northeast got real nasty and we cancelled our tee time. It did rain today but not nearly as bad as we thought it would. I went to a par 32 executive course (Mosholu) and shot a 46. There was no one else on the course and I found about 15 balls (3 Pro V1s!) I really enjoyed going out knowing it would be terrible conditions and playing exactly to my handicap (28 cap +14 after 9)

1 par

4 bogies

2 doubles

2 triples

1 penalty stroke

18 putts

2 GIR

2/5 Fairways hit

Pretty standard 9 holes for me. Proud of myself for keeping my composure in the slop

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

I hit the ball solid today, but the result was total crap!  I played late in the day breezed through nine, but I caught heavy traffic on the 9th,  so I played the front a second time instead of turning to the back.  Stone Canyon Rating for playing the front twice....... 72.4CR 145slope...par 72

37-43=80

Fairways: 5

GIR: 7

Putts: 27

I drove the ball well in spite of few fairways hit and 3 penalties from the tee!!  The misses were small.........  MY GIR was so low mostly because of the penalties.   This was a disappointing result considering how I hit the ball.   3 barely missed fairways cost me 6 strokes!!!!!!    I played pretty darn well and paid a big price today...

Oh well....the course is a hard SOB and it doesn't take much to find big trouble.  It's definitely not showing in the stats yet, but I really like my new Callaway BB Alpha driver.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch