IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Ok my best round of the year was an 86. I live in nj so time is getting short to hit my goal of a legit 85 for the year. Anyway yesterday started ok but on the 3rd hole I went on a streak of 5 pars in a row (should of got a birdie or two but ) so I ended up finishing the front at 41 which was good because I usually finish better than I start . I played the back nine ok and lipped a par putt on 16 and 17 2 bogeys should have been pars I had my friend add my score up to see where I was and what I needed to do to break or shoot an 85 he said I needed a par . Off the tee was awful pulled it to right behind a tree so I pitched it to fairway about 120 yards away and hit a beautiful wedge but came up 5 yards short of green so my 85 was in doubt but as I looked at the chip it was dead straight no break and I told my friend this is going in and I hit it and it went right in a 4 with no putts my best score of the year haha .funny thing about golf though I felt like I played better rounds this year but I scored well today weird .next goal break 80!

83 on a par 70 course. Dropped five shots on the last two holes and walked off the course an angry man, having been on track to break 80 for the first time in my life.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Beautiful weather....sunshine,no wind,a pleasure to be out playing....shot 81 but should have been better...found some bad lies off drives, so felt I was scrambling.

Played 3 rounds the past few day. All at the same course. 82, 80, and 81 in that order. I am pretty sure I am losing 3-4 strokes a round with my putting. I averaged 34 putts (33, 35, 34)  for those three rounds. Going to try You Tube for some putting info. Problem is finding a time and place to practice properly.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played 9 holes yesterday for the Super Twilight special price of $4 without cart. Par is 36 and I shot 44. Struggled with my drives. Putted okay but left too many short of the green. Spun one back toward the hole for the first time ever. That was cool. :) golf is a very meticulous game.

Just shot a 79 today.

+1 on the front nine and then started to think about how good I was doing on the back 9 and shot a +6 on the back.

Normally I shot a lot better on the back than the front.

Dropped a whole stroke on my index from 12.7 to 11.7 as I had to post a 78 due to a triple on a par 5.

Played Musgrove Mills in Clinton, Sc, which is one of the toughest and nicest tracks I have played. Shot 47-41 for an 88. Actually played well off the tee, missing just one tee ball with my driver, but missed two three woods for penalty shots. Also had four three-putts. Playing every other week, and the speedy fall greens have tested my lag putting and I am failing. One bright spot was hitting a 235 yard 3W to 9' on the par 5 16th and making eagle. I have converted to the one plane swing, and using the tenets of LSW and Every Shot Counts and decided to go for the green rather than lay up. Glad I did! My third eagle in 25 rounds this year!

Played a new course, very flat and watery. Something like So Florida with the palm trees, even coconuts. But sent 6 balls into those dark waters. GIR, maybe 2 only. Scrambling good, 16 putts on front, 14 on back so total putts, 30, pretty acceptable. Total score 96. Ugly off the tee, that's me. The important thing for me is increasing confidence that i can hit the shot i want.  And i did a few times.  Hit a 23* hybrid 165 yds over some  coconuts and big pond onto the fringe, chipped next to for a gimme.

Shot 36-36/72 yesterday. Included 5 lipped out birdie putts and a double bogey on the 2nd hole! Ahh what could have been.

One particular shot I had though: Par 5 2nd shot and still had 290 yards to the green. Had a really good lie so took out driver as there wasnt that much danger. Crunched it into the back bunker! Made up and down for a good birdie on a long hole!

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 9.5* :titleist:

3 Wood: Titleist 913F 15*  :titleist:

Hybrid: Titleist 913H 19*    :titleist:

4-PW: Titleist 712 AP2 S300      :titleist:

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 588 52*, 56*& 60* :cleve:

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 :cameron:

Ball: Taylormade TPx         :tmade: 

The snow went away and, for one day anyway, it was golf-able on Sunday.

Kittyhawk GC (Eagle Course), Dayton, OH

47-49-96

The best thing was that I avoided temper tantrums and didn't turn one mishit into two mishits. I credit that with keeping me out of triple figures. I was also relieved to hit my driver halfway decent after an alarming range session on Saturday. On the range, I hooked the crap out of it and couldn't seem to stop. On the course, I hit a few really solid and the mishits were relatively safe pushes.

The negatives were the approach shots and the putting. I was forever hitting 150-160 into the green and yanking it left (usually into a trap). No putts were dropping either. For 12 holes or so, I was coming close. Then, I got frustrated and had three three-putts down the stretch.

Double digits on this course is ok by me and a weekend without 18 holes never seems complete. It was great to get out after that weather-related nonsense last week.

Haven't played in two weeks due to the weather in Pittsburgh. Shot 40-38=78 @ River Forest. I was 4 over par after 4 holes and didn't strike the ball particularly well all day long. But, on the fifth hole I got up and down after hitting the ball 30 yards over the green and chipping to within a foot. Then, on the 6th hole I was in a greenside bunker, and knocked my sand shot to within 18 inches. After that, I only had three bogies the rest of the day and had 6 more one putt greens (4 were chips from off of the green to within 3 feet and two were putts of longer than 10 feet).

The one bogie I had was a shot that is rarely see. After hitting my approach shot into a 35 MPH wind I found myself 20 yards short of the green. I then hit a pitching wedge that hit the flag stick just above the hole, and the ball bounced directly back toward me. Now, I've hit a number of pins in my life, but the balls have always deflected to the left or to the right, never directly back in my direction. If I wouldn't have hit the pin, I'm guessing that I might have been within 3 or 4 feet of the hole, but unfortunately I found myself left with a 12 foot putt that I missed. Still, it was pretty cool just to hear that banging sound of the ball squarely hitting the flag stick.

I love this game!

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

Shot a 94.  7 FIR, 6 GIR, 2 Putts/Hole, 3 Penalty Strokes.

3rd time in the last 6 rounds I've shot under 100!

The course says that the CR/SR is 68/111 but it also says it plays 6031 yards (2845 yards on the front and 3186 on the back).  But when I shot it today and then went on Google Earth to confirm it (and put in the actual distances in the scorecard below), it came up as 4872 (2147 on the front and 2725 on the back).  A 1159 yard differences is pretty substantial, no?

Anyway, was happy to shoot 8 over par on the back which I think is only the third or fourth time I've shot less than double digits over par over the course of 9 holes.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

...but it should have been about 4 or 5 strokes higher - I chipped in twice (both for pars), and I missed all but one fairway (some by a whole lot).

...40F when I teed off.  Finished in 2:15. :)

• Upvote 2

Took the day off to play at Babe Zaharias GC with the Tuesday Game.....hoping to get a round in with the rain....Not only did we have to cancel the game, but the guy who runs the Tuesday Game passed away last night. Rainey has been a great friend for the past 12 years....and he will surely be missed. Not only did he keep the books for the Tuesday game, but he was one of our officers for the Pebble Creek Golf Ass'n and instrumental in putting together the formula we use to keep track of our Points each week. Rainey Milligan was 78 yrs old. This past summer he shot his age. Last week he won the Tuesday Game as well as the Saturday Game. He was a good golfer and a vet (USN). I'll miss you Rainey!

Brookside Course 2 (6032 yards, par 70): 44/35. Next time driver off the first tee :-X

(Unfortunately, declared PRACTICE)

Doubled the first two holes because I decided to "be a man" and pull out my driving iron. Hit fat off the tee. One of the greens men said "I've never seen you do that before!". To which I responded "You've never seen me play an entire round before." I then proceeded to thin every shot to the hole. 4 to get on. Pushed a shot into a tree on the second hole. Kind of proud of my 3i punch shot to 50 yards of the green. At this point, I decided to mimic my "mirror swing" with every practice swing. Better results. Used a driver off the tees with even better results. 2 doubles, 6 bogeys, 9 pars, 1 birdie. All near GIR (GIR 1 front/6 back) except the first two holes. One ball went into the Barranca, but I hit it off the cement onto the fringe 8 feet from the pin to save a par (shot of the day, sparks off the pavement). 3 foot birdie putt on 12 (par 3, 158 yards with a 6i [33 degree]). Had to skip 2 holes, and go back to play them last for a bogie-par as there were two really slow parties in front of me.

If only I can repeat this performance on a regular round. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Only got 9 in this time since it's first round in 6 weeks.

par 36 rate 36.0 slope 138

shot 40

FIR 5/7

GIR 6/9

Putts 17

It's going to take a few more days but I felt like I haven't  missed a beat and am ready to start playing this game the way I know I can

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition