IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Just got back from vacation in SoCal....84 at Indian Wells and 81 at Shadow Ridge.  I didn't strike the ball very well but scored decent....that's usually how it goes for me, the opposite holding true as well.

I've been following a trend lately......... outward 9 disaster........playing better golf coming in!   It's a winter rust THANG....I'll shake the rust off.....just not quite yet!

Drumm Farm Golf Club: 72.5CR 137 slope

44-39=83

It's a progress.........

My biggest issues right now is no-clubhead speed..............short crooked drives combined with terrible contact with the irons......I basically SUKKAZZ tee to green.   If I couldn't still chip and putt, the scores would be 10X worse.......LOL

Luckily, I can still scramble and putt.......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

87. Worst round in... six months.  :(  And the weather was perfect - no excuses except lousy play on my part.

I feel ya buddy.....just played Lake Buena Vista at Disney and I felt like I've never swung a golf club. I actually shanked 3 times....two 8i's and one 7i! Unheard of for me....wedges or 9 yeah ....but my golden 8i,7i? Such a miserable feeling.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Posted a 78 today at Classic Club in Palm Desert, CA. Played from the blues. Driving was great. Approach shots 150+ were shaky. Short game and putting came and went as it pleased throughout the round. A couple brilliant saves ie. sandy birdie, two +15 foot par putts. But also had some head knocking misses while chipping ie. Chipping two feet off green ten feet to hole, to putting 15 feet away, which was not one I made a par on, unfortunately. Next couple days, I am going to focus primarily on putting and around the green play. Need to be ready by next month for US Open Qual. at Classic Club.

40/41-81. Temperature climbed up around 38c buy the end of the round today, sort got bit fatigued last few holes, showed on the card with a double on the last. Otherwise I had a good round. 1 birdie,8 pars,8 bogies and 1 double.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Posted a 78 today at Classic Club in Palm Desert, CA. Played from the blues. Driving was great. Approach shots 150+ were shaky. Short game and putting came and went as it pleased throughout the round. A couple brilliant saves ie. sandy birdie, two +15 foot par putts. But also had some head knocking misses while chipping ie. Chipping two feet off green ten feet to hole, to putting 15 feet away, which was not one I made a par on, unfortunately. Next couple days, I am going to focus primarily on putting and around the green play. Need to be ready by next month for US Open Qual. at Classic Club.

Just got back from Palm Desert. I wish I would have played the Classic club instead of Indian Wells. I liked Shadow Ridge a lot though. I enjoyed the Coachella Valley Brewery products. Good Look in the Open qualifier.

79 at Magnolia Disney. Got off the tees well...and as we all know...that's key.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Crystal Springs - tough tight course (fairways more resemble a ski mogul slope - sadly - u have to see it to believe it). Course just opened, sloppy conditions, greens a mess. Still managed an 82 - great start to the year (lackluster putting is what it is - really focused on GIRs - helped a lot). Thx to this place - I at least have a plan now - have a feeling this will be a transformative year for me ....

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I've been following a trend lately......... outward 9 disaster........playing better golf coming in!   It's a winter rust THANG....I'll shake the rust off.....just not quite yet!

Drumm Farm Golf Club: 72.5CR 137 slope

44-39=83

It's a progress.........

My biggest issues right now is no-clubhead speed..............short crooked drives combined with terrible contact with the irons......I basically SUKKAZZ tee to green.   If I couldn't still chip and putt, the scores would be 10X worse.......LOL

Luckily, I can still scramble and putt.......

I had that same experience today.

Course rating:  70.9/134, par 72, 6750 yds

Shot +7 on the front nine and shot even par on the back nine for the total of 79.

For awhile there, I thought I was going to continue to play badly as I had done this past weekend.

Thank goodness I was able to recover on the back 9!!!

Strange game, it is.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Shot an 83 (on a par 61) today.  The course was sopping wet, and I haven't played in forever, so I was kind of pleased.  Had one birdie, several putts for birdie, and just a couple of blow-ups.  Didn't hit the new driver well, but I just bought it yesterday.  Putted alright, but the greens were horribly inconsistent.  One was dirt that had been spray painted green.  Seriously.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

More of the same, but slightly better!   As Tiger always says .........."It's a process". lol

Drumm Farm GC 72.5CR 137slope

42-37=79

I seem to require a 9 hole warmup........HEHE

I definitely hit the ball better on the inward nine.  Better golf is coming.....to be sure!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

Shot 70 from the Whites today. Plays 5830 Yards, 68.3 Rating. Some bogeys (short game), some birdies, and two eagles today. Decent day, happy it happened. Back to the tips tomorrow. Need to get ready for those upcoming events.

Finally!!   I played 18 holes without any stupid miss-hits or crazy sideways shots....LOL  I hit the ball pretty clean and kept the ball in play!! My iron play is coming along nicely!!  I hit some dandy mid-iron shots today!!

Drumm Farm GC:  Par72  72.5CR 137slope 6564yds

37-37=74

My ball striking is making definite progress.  I had several good looks at birdies, but only made 2.  This was my best round of the young year, so I'm not complaining.

Fairways: 9/14

GIR: 10

Putts: 28

1/3 SS

2 birdies

Penalties: 0

What's in Paul's Bag:

I shot an " honest" 43 today for 9 holes. There were some stray shots, but the recovery shots were tremendous. It felt like someone else was hitting for me. My practice now mostly consists of chipping, so it has paid off. My ball of choice lately has been fhe Titleist NXT -S. It sticks to the green, flys straight , and putts true. I played 9 holes with the same ball and made a 27ft putt for par. Jack

Jack

I had a lesson on Wednesday and changed a few things in my swing and went out and played yesterday on my home course and shot a 95. It honestly should of been so much worse but I saved a lot of strokes with putts outside of 10 feet and I got it together on the back nine. I tripled a couple of holes that I really should not have and lost so many balls. Then today I went out after it rained a bunch and hit the ball how I should, played a nice high draw with my driver and was hitting my irons really solid and mainly straight. My chipping was good today too which was surprising but my putting failed me. I bogied the 16 and 17 after 3 putting both and I was putting for eagle on the front nine after a monster 255 ish yard 3 wood to just off the green and I ended up getting a par so ya.

Course: Cinco Tees (Black) 6922 yards Slope 133 Course Rating 73.8

Par 71

Thursday: 53-42=95

Friday: 42-41=83

Edit/Note: Btw never get 2 day shipping from Golf Galaxy, I ordered 4 dozen of last generation Srixon Z star balls to use in a tournament for today and the tournament got cancelled but the balls should of come in yesterday and I got them today. But I really like the feel of the ball and they spun just fine. Really enjoyed playing with them today after using a random assortment of balls/Taylormade tour preferred balls.

Bears Best Las Vegas - green tees 6600 yards or so, tough wind though.  Shot 80, with 2 doubles, 2 birdies and a lot of pars... Was my 18th round of the year and Handicap now trending to a 7.3