iacas

What'd You Shoot Today?

18,007 posts / 500184 viewsLast Reply

Bears Best Las Vegas - green tees 6600 yards or so, tough wind though.  Shot 80, with 2 doubles, 2 birdies and a lot of pars... Was my 18th round of the year and Handicap now trending to a 7.3

I'm hopefully going to be in Vegas in September and will definately play a couple rounds....  Any course you would recommend?  I don't mind paying $150 for a round but it has to be an awesome course with great scenic views...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm hopefully going to be in Vegas in September and will definately play a couple rounds....  Any course you would recommend?  I don't mind paying $150 for a round but it has to be an awesome course with great scenic views...

Yes... Bears Best Las Vegas, Paiute (any of the 3 18's, Wolf is the hardest), Las Vegas National (where PGA event use to be held, old school but a lot of history), Legacy (but expect a 5 hour round), Painted Desert (good course and value), Rhodes Ranch, Tuscany, TPC Summerlin (where the PGA event is held now), Badlands (target golf though)... always check golf now.com or other web services as you can find deals.  Most courses charge 2-3 times for outside non-resident play so finding a deal is the best option.

89 today: 10 FIRs, 3 GIRs, 7 pars, 29 putts, and most importantly, no penalty strokes or lost balls.  Ball striking was horrific but my short game saved it.

11/4/2015

Early morning game great weather today here light wind and top of 27c temp.

43/39-82. 8 pars,10 bogies.

Played in my clubs summer knock out comp and did well over all. Had a streak of 7 pars in a row to go 5 up with 6 holes to play. Then the great collapse came and We walked off the 17th all squared! Big drive up the guts on the 18th BUT struck too well with the ball ending up right on the edge of a bunker! My opposition was in a better position just in the first cut short if the fairway. My next shot went through the green but was just off it in the first cut while my opposition put his second shot wide of the green and to the left. I then putted on to the green to put the ball in the hole for a 20 foot birdie to win the hole! :) All in all a great afternoons golf on probably the loveliest day of the year so far (no cold wind, brilliantly sunny, no need for jerseys or to dress up as an Eskimo!:) Regards Mailman

97 today, 32 putts, 10 FIRs, 2 GIRs, 2 pars, 1 OB.   Felt sluggish.   Iron shots were hot and cold.  Messed up earlier 3W shots and lost a few strokes, but got it working late in the round.  Missed numerous short putts on "aerating" green.  Chipping was the bright spot.

12/4/2015

Left a few out there today, short game wasn't sharp today.

45/42-87 3 pars,15 bogies. Happy no doubles but missed some short puts inside 4 feet, chipped were short all day.

77. Bogeyed first 2 and birdied next...couldn't get any birdies after that but 10 pars in a row then 4 bogeys in a row. Wind started blowing like crazy...hit 2 200 yard 7 irons (on one I was reluctant to hit 8 and ended up going long into water) and on 17 par 3 hit 2 iron when it was 160 to the pin(went long but regardless that's 40 yards of wind)...hit the ball much better couldn't convert any approaches to birdie...still a good round

Nearly strung together 3 rounds in the 80's this week after shooting an 89 yesterday but shot a 91 today because I could not putt in the rain.

Saturday morning: 7000 yards, par 71, 72.9, 129 slope

42+47=89

Hit the ball somewhat well but my short game saved me a lot and I made some big chips and putts. Needed work on my long irons and driver though.

Sunday mid day: 7200 yards, par 72, 73.6, 133 slope

45+46=91

Hit the ball so well with just about everything, driver, irons, wedges, but I could not putt. 3 putted 3 times on the front nine and overall had 4 putts lip out. Sunk a 20 foot birdie putt but other then that my putting and chipping was atrocious. Got rained on for a bit and I just could not get a feel for the greens so even though I hit the ball better then I ever have my score was not great. Chunked a few chips and yep but overall I had a solid week and I am hoping my tournament does not get rained out tomorrow!

The fact that I am suffering from a cold today plus all my joints ache didn't prevent me from getting out an playing 9 holes today. My club selection depending on distance couldn't be counted on today. All my shots ended up being a club short due mainly to the aches in my joints. My putting was horrific. My highlight today was a pitch up and in from 30 feet off the green for a birdie when it hit the flag stick and went in. The other plus was that I didn't loose any balls today. My score was so bad that I didn't bother to record it.

Par 72, 72.1  Rating 133 Slope 6900 Yards... Same old song and dance... Shot 74, 34 putts, one birdie, 3 bogeys, all 3 were 3 putts. Hit 8/9 GIR on the back and was nGIR on the front (Started on the back). Got up and down 7/7 times, so that was a positive. Striking the ball really well, didn't miss a green by more than 20 feet. In fact a few of them hit the green then came off. The course felt very short, so I think I am hitting my drives longer now that the ball is getting up in the air.. but putting is awful. Could have been a 69 easily if I could make 2/5 of my 12 foot birdie putts and not 3 putt.

Saturday 41-47-88

It usually takes me a little time to be able to score in a new season and it is usually related to range time. Saturday was the first day that I felt comfortable with my swing on the golf course and I got off to a good start, but it deteriorated as the round progressed. I'm not too worried; I was able to get to the range for a while on Sunday and the swing is becoming more repetitive. Now I just have to get my golf legs under me, as I think I tired a bit on the back nine and that was the primary reason my swing got a little loose.

Qualifying round later this week, plus the golf team matches start on Sunday.

Tried to play Fri but was too sick so I bailed after two holes. Sat I started at 4PM but by 6:45 I was sitting in a cart waiting on the group ahead on 12 green so I bailed, shot 41 on the front, but that is a crawl for me on late Sat course. Usually finish in less time than it took to get to 12 tee. Yesterday I got up early to play before the Masters leaders got out there but everyone else had the same idea. I left after 7 holes due to crazy slow play. Went back after it was obvious Spieth had it wrapped up but again had to leave before finishing because the wind kicked up to 26 mph with gusts well over that so course really not playable. Sucky weekend for golf.

So after all that I shot just the one 41 despite being at the course four times.

9 holes Friday...shot a scrambling 39

Played yesterday in 40MPH winds with temps below freezing and shot a 92....hardest round of golf I have ever played