IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Played a round at Pebble Beach and Muirfield Village on the simulator last weekend.  Low winds and gimme on the green.  Shot +2 and +1.  Even assuming I add on another 14 to 16 strokes, am happy to have played bogey golf on those courses.  Was beaming the rest of the day post that

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cold and windy day on the golf courser today.  39 at tee off, ending at 44.  However, I played well except for two holes.

40-36-76

4 Birdies, 2 Doubles (ugh)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

After not golfing since October, I took a vacation to Palm Springs with my s/o and got to play 4 rounds in the area.

First round: Desert Dunes - Gold Tees 6614 yds 72.7/134

- Got off the plane at 9:30am, unpacked and teed off at 11:30am.  I was a little rusty, but played a pretty good front nine but then lost control on the back. Fired a 40-45 85.  The weather was perfect, the wind wasn't blowing too bad.

Second round: PGA West Nicklaus (Tournament) Black Tees 7204 yds 75.3/143

- I have never played a course that has hosted a PGA Tour event and I wanted to try and experience what the pros faceoff against, so I played the back tournament tees.  After a really solid warmup session at the gorgeous PGA West range, I stepped up to the tips and the nerves set in a little.  The driver was hit and miss, hit 1 OB and 2 into water hazards off the tee, but I managed to shoot a 43-45 88, which I was satisfied with.  My irons and wedges were off, but wow was this a beautiful course and a great experience!

Third and Fourth rounds were played at Indian Palms : Royal/Mountain 9's - Blue Tees approx. 6100yds 69.2/121

- I was staying at a house located on the grounds of Indian Palms and they had very favorable rates and the course setup for my s/o's game well.  This course is extremely tight and I hit iron off of every tee.  I was extremely sporadic with my tee shots and my swing just wasn't in a good place.  First round at Indian Palms was a 44-45 89.  Second round was a lot better than the first, my swing was in a much better place.  Tee shots were finding a lot of fairways and my wedges were fairly consistent. Shot a 40-39 79, but I found this score could have been lower if I could have found a way to stop the ball on the greens.  This location's greens were extremely firm.

Overall, for not playing for several months, I was very satisfied with my performance.  The Palm Springs area is gorgeous and has so many amazing golf courses in the area, I can't wait to come back and play more. 

Well, reality set in in a big way today. Shot a 45/43 for a mighty 88! The long game wasn't bad, but I looked like an idiot around the green. Plus, it's still way too early to expect any roll (the opposite is usually the case), it never got as warm as forecast, I didn't dress warmly enough and when the wind came up I froze my butt off! Especially on the back 9 when the wind was just howling!

Got in 9 - Smooth 39 on our front 9.  No birdies, no doubles.  One 3-putt and one drive into the hazard, ugh

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Been really working on my game the last few weeks and have had the feeling a good round was around the corner (last 3 times out but the first 2 were mediocre at best). Today went to play a quick 9 with only warming up with a stretch and a few putts. Shot a 38 and decided to make the turn. 45 on the back.....

2 doubles. No 3 putts. 1 birdie. Felt good and breaking 80 is in my sights.

An acceptable +2 in boggy,wet,windy conditions..a great course but notoriously boggy,a good -1 for the front then hit 2 N/R's on the back..somehow had five pars in there too..ill take that for this time of year.

47,45.  Struggled badly the first 5 holes until I figured out what I was doing wrong.  2 birdies on the day.  

Irons - Ping G410 

Driver - Ping G410

3W - Ping G410

3H - Ping G410 

Putter - Ping Sigma 

39 on the front 34 on the back for a 73. 1 over par. Best round of golf I have ever played. Had 26 putts which was really nice especially after switching putters. 

drained a 12 footer for par on 17 and knew that 18 was a par 5 and I definitely had a good shot at making birdie. 

Pushed my drive right, hit a horrible lay up and a mediocre shot into the green and ended up two putting for par so that was a bit disappointing  

really looking forward ward to the rest of the year 

First 9 in I think 8 months, that was the last time I posted a score. I shot 43 with a double to start and a double to end. Kind of surprised it wasn't worse that's basically where I left it 8 months ago. If anything my drives were better.

Dave :-)

Beat my handicap by 9 and posted a 74... The first round I've ever had where everything just went right. Had loads of birdie putts that just rolled by and I've never hit it better off the tee (well, bar a push into heavy rough on 8). Massively benefited from an open course, but really pleased with how consistent my swing was after all the range work and how much better my bad shots are. The weird thing was that it was a wet, very windy day (15mph gusting 25mph). On the plus side, there were a few lucky breaks along the way - I played 2 awful shots to start 12 (21) and the drive on 13 (22) was also a bit off, but mostly, it was just me being in the zone. Didn't once think about my score as we were playing match-play as a four ball, so getting back to this was a pleasant surprise!

Now to go back to the swing work to make it consistent!

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/benpage101/round/1381361

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Played the North course at Terra Lago. Shot 92 (46 on each side). I suck.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Got in 14 holes today.  Played back 9 first and then 1, 2, 7, 8 & 9.  

So smooth 37 on the back with 2 bogeys and 1 birdie and then 3 over on the 5 holes I played on the front and would have to take one more bogey on the other 4 holes, so 39. 

39-37-76

And I lipped out 3 other birdies. Good day on the course.  

Daylight savings comes this weekend.  :banana:

-Jerry

A boring 38 (+3) on our  front 9, 3 bogeys no birdies.

-Jerry

Shot an 87 on Sunday at a fairly tough course in my area.  My putting was horrible for most of the day.  Also had a few chunks from soggy fairways that lead to some bad double bogeys.  Could've been a much better day, but wasn't that horrible considering it's only March.  Can't wait to get back out.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

86 on a par 71 (70.4/134) course. Ran out of steam down the stretch, but had a solid 11 holes in the middle where I felt pretty much in control of the ball on my full swing shots (and was just +5 for those 11 holes).  

GG Handicap is down under 15 now.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell: