IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

played in our Senior Scratch League yesterday. Front 9 great back 9 not so much

35-43-78 9 Par's on the front, 7 bogeys on the back, 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

very scrappy 81 (38 + 43) in crazy wind conditions. I struggled with the driver around the start of the back nine when it was at its windiest, but bar the 12th, I'm pretty happy with how I scored, particularly as I don't feel I putted or scrambled particularly well. What I am doing well is getting near the green in 2 meaning double bogeys (for the most part) are now out of the equation. I can't express how tough the wind was, but just came back and thought I'd look up the forecast for fun. Helps explain why I found it so tough to keep my driver from leaking right on the first nine holes! 

weather.png

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I finally broke 100! 51 on the front, 45 on the back. 4 pars and my 2nd birdie ever! I've only played 13-14 rounds so I'm pretty happy with it...

IMG_4050.PNG

IMG_4051.PNG

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Played 27 yesterday at Ives Hill yesterday.  Nine in the morning before breakfast shot a decent 40, bouncing back from an opening double.  Played after lunch shot a 81.

Played Ives again this morning before breakfast shot a 39.  Proving to myself that I need to keep working on strengthening my back.  Still going over the top with swing on the back nine when back gets tired.

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

So I've been playing pretty good recently, up and down, but a lot of good scores.  Last Sunday, I shot 84, not real great.  Yesterday, first round of our Senior Club Championship, I shot 88, with 3 doubles, a triple, and a quint.  Ugh!!.  So today I went out, hoping just to keep the ball on the planet, and shot 1-under 71.  This is a really stupid game we're addicted to!  :cry::dance:

• Like 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Shot a 79 at Battleground Golf Club in Deer Park, Tx.  Three doubles and three birdies.  Started out 1 over after 5 holes and then went brain dead for a few holes.  Drove pretty good and hit the irons OK, but I pushed every hybrid I hit 20+ yards to the right.  I need to go to the range and check out my ball position with the hybrids.

I played a 9 hole course this past Saturday. It's small but a fun course I like to play with my dad. It's a par 70 course and on the front 9 I shot 8-over. I enjoy getting to spend time with my father and wasn't even worry about my score. I shot a 1-under on the back 9 to finish with a 77.  I couldn't believe it. It seem like I was making every putt. I guess I need to play more with the old man. He may be my lucky charm. 

• Upvote 1

112 but a productive 112. Had been struggling to reign in my putting numbers and finally got them trending back down to around 2 per hole (actually just under since off green putts don't count in stats). Front 9 felt great and I had a chance to break 100 on the back if I stayed consistent. Unfortunately the mental game got to me after leaving a few shots on the course on 10 and I couldn't put things back together. 

Just need to limit my extreme duffs now and I'll feel good. Finally feel like I'm actually improving and not just going out and playing without getting better.

Saturday I shot a 40 on front and played the entire front 9 very agitated.  I was hitting my Driver left, strong Draw.  I was not keeping track of my score in my head and when I finished I was pleasantly surprised so I felt I could try and break 80.  On ten a par 5 I got a 9, no penalty strokes just a what is going on now with the world moment.  After 10 I settled down and played only 2 over on the last 8 holes.  Finished with a 41 and a 81 on the day but a very happy finish to the day.  On  18 my wife noticed that at the last moment before starting my back swing with my Driver I was making a hand adjustment and going to a stronger grip. 

Sunday I went out and kept a strong mental thought of leaving my grip alone on my Driver once I had my hands in place and wow did the Driver perform.  Just fun to hit.  I played 2 ball golf and with ball #1 I shot a 39 and ball #2 I shot a 36.  For handicap purposes I record both scores but I do not claim breaking 80 on this because when I play 2 ball golf it just does not seam correct to do so.

Par for the course is 35 it is a great small town 9 hole golf course

- Dean

Driver: PXG GEN3 Proto X Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange
Fairway wood: 5 Wood PXG 0341 GEN2 hzrdus smoke yellow

2 Iron PXG XP Evenflow Blue

3 Utility Iron Srixon 3 20*
Irons:  5 thru PW PXG GEN3 XP Steelfiber 95 -  Wedges: Mizuno T7 48, 52, 56 and 60 Recoil 110 shafts 6
Putter: In search of the Holy Grail Ball: Snell MTBx

36 (+1) for nine holes - a personal best. Played probably the most solid round of golf I can ever remember and whilst I wasn't hitting driver as well as I'd like, there were no big misses in there. Irons were good enough to get nGIR on pretty much every hole and the short game is looking good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Played today and shot a 71 (-2).  1 birdie and 2 bogeys on the front side, for a 38 (+1), which included a 3 putt on the par 5 7th hole (downhill sidehill first putt).  Also bogeyed the next hole which is a par 3...went over the green which slopes back to front and my chip hit the pin and rolled 5 feet by...missed the comeback putt.

Shot a 33 (-3) on the back with a clean card 3 birdies.  Was my 2nd best round on the back 9 as a couple weeks ago I shot a -4.  One of my better ball striking rounds though..58% fairways hit, 72% GIR, 1.61 putts per hole. 

I am happy with the way my game is progressing that is for sure.

9 over through 14 holes. Got rained out for the last 4. I was hitting the ball super well off the tee but just couldn't seem to make any putts. I'm definitely improving though over the summer so overall I happy

• Like 1

79 (40/39) with 29 putts on my regular course. Had a couple of chip ins for par savers to boot. This also means my 29 putts were on 16 holes. 11 pars (5/6) to go with the 7 bogies (4/3) means I had pretty consistent game on each 9.

Pretty happy with that score since my last 2 rounds were 83, and 85 on the same course. 

My partener and I pretty much had the course to ourselves. Most likely the afternoon heat still keeps folks away. Just a few more weeks before we see some really great golfing weather. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: