IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

• Administrator
3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

41:  -1 thru 5 holes, +6 on the other 4

So inconsistent 

You do realize pros make eagles and bogeys in the same round, right? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

40 minutes ago, iacas said:

You do realize pros make eagles and bogeys in the same round, right? :-)

Thanks, @iacas - like so many others here, I think my quest to break par is not because a lack of ability, but a lack of consistency...but I guess that's the purpose of building a repeatable swing. One day...

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Thanks, @iacas - like so many others here, I think my quest to break par is not because a lack of ability, but a lack of consistency...but I guess that's the purpose of building a repeatable swing. One day...

Yeah, the thing is, consistency IS an ability.

Good swings produce consistent results. The worse the swing, the less consistent the result. Your swing, however, is already consistent. That's why you shoot the scores you shoot. The results, though, vary because small changes that don't affect the overall "look" of your swing lead to very different results.

Anyway, just noticed this is the WDYST topic, so we're not supposed to respond here. So never mind. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

80 for me. 40/40. 4 bogies,  and 5 pars on each 9 holes. Probably as consistant round as I have played in quite some time.

Of course there was a 5 foot putt missed that would have gave me a 39, on the back 9. Saw a slight break that wasn't there. 

Been having a pretty good week so far with all my rounds in the low 80s. Might try and squeeze another in tomorrow. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot a new personal best 74! Had 15/18 GIR and 3 nGIR. 1 birdie and 4 bogies on a par 71 course.

Felt very confident with the new driver, was consistently 250-270 and am really starting to see the results of my evolvr lessons pay off in my iron consistency/ball striking. 

Had 36 putts but the majority of the GIR were 20+ feet away with a couple being 50+ feet so I was perfectly fine with 2 putt pars on those.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/klineka/round/1866253

Handicap is definitely trending down, should be real close to 10 or below next time I update it thanks to a solid stretch of multiple rounds in the 70s lately.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Wow!  Talk about Mr. Hyde and Dr. Jekyll.  Shot 92 Saturday and 79 yesterday on the same course.  

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

46 last night and a 50 today.

The difference between the two rounds felt like more than 4 strokes. Iron ball-striking was just awful today. Dispersion was tight but I just wasn't hitting my distances worth a crap, so I missed a lot of greens. On a few shots, I'd drop a second ball just to see and it was pretty much across the board. It wasn't a matter of hitting duffs... the shots just didn't feel right or fly right. Probably a fail on key #2.

The ONLY positive is that the slow driver practice carried over to the round today. I'm encouraged by that and will continue to fight that battle. Now I have to work out the issues with my irons.

There just aren't enough hours in the day....

Jon

Played Treyburn Country Club today.  One of my favorite courses.

Played practice round for a Charity Scramble tomorrow.

39-37-76 

Started the round 5 over after 6 holes, birdied the next three and then had one more birdie on the way in.  If not for a bogey on the last hole would've played in at 3 under after my start.  

My mental game was just off on the first 6 holes.  :whistle:

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

An ok round but it was a good day betting wise for me.  I was the big winner for the day. :dance:

41-37-78 but 4 birdies, 2 doubles and 2 3-putts. Started bogey birdie birdie double double. 

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

A pair of 49's on another windy rainy day. Everything - me, my clubs, towel, the course - got soaked.

Long irons felt great today. Hit a couple thin and the wind played havoc on my distances, but nothing really hurt... most shots were on a good line. I've been working on wrist hinge and backswing path and it helped today. The driver was ok for the few times I used it. I'm still getting a bit of the push fade, but everything stayed in play.

5w and putter are still problematic. My short game could have been much better as well.

Jon

40-40-80

Played like crap today, couldn't get anything going but had another no 6 day though. 

5 5 4 4 4 5 4 5 5 4 - 40

5 4 5 4 4 4 5 4 4 5 - 40

-Jerry

Saturday,

Kittyhawk GC (Hawk Course)

45-46-91

This is actually a pretty decent score on a course that has caused me so many problems over the years.

All seemed predicated on the tee shot and whether I hit the fairway with it or not. Out of eight fairways hit, I converted 6 pars and a birdie. On the misses, I racked up a quad, a triple and a bunch of doubles. The biggest positive for me were pars on No. 12 and No. 16. Both are classic blow-up holes for me with hazards fronting the greens. No. 12 has additional H2O left and right off the tee. Finally getting a result on those is a big boost for me.

Edited by mcanadiens

Three rounds this weekend. 1 in the mid 70's and 2 in the low 80's.

the fun bit was 3 of the last 4 courses I've played were by architect Gill Miller.  Pretty much my 3 favorite local courses.  Prices have been up, so I just waited for fall rates to kick in.  (the other course was a first for me and one recommended quite a bit here, Northfield Country Club - kinda 'meh' for me, a more traditional layout vs my tastes)

Bonus is the leaves are turning and he really emphasizes tree coverage and big beautiful views.  I love playing in the fall.  The Gill Miller courses

• last week:  Willingers - beautiful outside of town with great layout and a variety of holes, great use of the landscape.  2nd par 5 took my lunch money
  • Sat:  White Eagle - my local absolute favorite - similar to Willingers in feel and flavor, but even more built into the natural landscape, LOTS of holes where you are out of sight of the rest of the course.  #8 I went full blown "Tin Cup" on my drive, it blew my chance at the 'under 6" goal.  shoulda taken my drop.
  • Sun:  Legends (best condition of the three, but more housing adjacent to the course vs the other two - I was actually putting very well, I NEVER have 'speed' right, this time I did).  I played greater than usual here, but since it was a practice day, I played two balls on a few holes so can't claim any achievements here (though my "1st ball" score was terrific for me - I live for these types of rounds - calm, gorgeous, isolated)

Legends.jpg

I'm trying to find more by this guy.

Learned pretty quickly on Saturday that when it gets colder, I need to put the ProV's away and use a premium instead of the tour type ball.  MUCH better almost immediately.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

42 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

Three rounds this weekend. 1 in the mid 70's and 2 in the low 80's.

the fun bit was 3 of the last 4 courses I've played were by architect Gill Miller. 

It's actually, Gill/Miller - and today I believe they are now two different companies...

Bill -