IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

69, three birdies, no bogeys. Hit 14 greens, gave myself a lot of good chances and even though I didn't make anything, I hit a lot of good putts. One birdie was a two-putt, and the other two were up and downs to gimme rangeΒ on par 5's. One three-putt for par but it was from 60ft.

I should also point out that the last couple weeks we've been playing lift, clean and place through the greenΒ since it's been raining/wet.Β 

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last week was way too cold to play golf here in Florida. Down in the 40's. I know, most of this group would love to see 40, but for me, since I can play any day, 40 is just way too cold.

Friday it warmed up and late getting to the course, so I carded an 87. Saturdays round dropped to an 81, and yesterday, while I was on my way to an 81 or 82, I birdied 15 and 16 to bring it back to a respectable 79.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

88!!! Okay, that was for 19 holes. Β Our city's executive course leaves the "flat seven" open year round, conditions permitting. Β I toured the "7" twice and skipped around a 3-some on #1 and did 3-7 a third time.

We had 8 inches of snow and then the "polar vortex" last week. Β WeΒ approached record highs this past weekend. Β All the show is gone. Β Yes, everything is extremely soggy but I managed to make a few decent swings.

Brian Kuehn

78 yesterday at emerald bay and 82 today at regatta bay. Β  I’m ok with how I played this trip since I hadn’t played in a few months. Β Excited to work on my game for a couple months and wait for some good weather back home. Β 

MattΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β My Swing

Β 

Β :ping:Β G425 MaxΒ Driver

SubΒ 70Β 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

SubΒ 70 004 Mallet

I shot a 75 today. I only played 8 holes.

I did par one hole. And it is not an easy par 5. I just managed to hit a good 3 wood from the fairway, followed by 2 good 7 iron shots. Then I holed the 12' putt. Easy peasy.

My golf swing is a bit rusty these days. I'm looking forward to some improvement in scoring, as the weather gets better. Yeah, I'm taking lessons.

Edited by CCC
, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on a roll and I hope it keeps on rollin'...Shot my 3rd consecutive round under 90. Β Shot an 88, and for the first time I played a complete round with the same ball. Β I did not lose one ball today.....

• Like 1

I played 54 holes last week. Β I averaged 4.46Β strokes per hole, which I am quite pleased with.

Just hitting, and putting the ball consistently well. Β I have a pretty good streak going right now, which of course could end at anytime I suppose.Β 

Although I did not card any 6s, there were a couple of 5s on two par threes. However, those were offset Β a little by a couple of 4s on two par 5s.Β 

I hit some good 6i approches, and I made a few long putts for par. Of course there were some not so good ball striking on my part. Luckily, my chipping, and putting saved the day more times than not.Β 

Just playing one hole, one stroke at a time.

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I was just hoping this topic wouldn't come up today. After a 75 yesterday, I struggled to an 89 today. I can't remember the last time I had so much trouble. The front 9 was just terrible 49, but was able to come back with a 40 for the back. We'll see what tomorrow holds.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

72 last week at TPC Summerlin from the TPC tees (6400)Β in maybe one of the coldest conditions I've ever played in.

71 today back home, hit 15 greens. Missed four birdie putts within 5ft and got a bad break where I drove it into a bunker and it plugged in the lip (made bogey).Β Not bad for the range being closed and only getting to practice once this week and not much last week either.

This was my drive on 15, and it wasn't like it was a high fade, solid medium flight draw.

IMG_1101.jpeg

Β 

Mike McLoughlin

72, pretty happy with it, wet and windy today, course played tough.

Mike McLoughlin

92, esc score of 90.Β  It was not a good 2nd half.Β Β  The huge numbers on two holes done me in.Β  Otherwise, it would have been a good round.Β Β  Three bad drives (2 OB & 1 hazard) did all the damage.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

68 yesterday. Played the par 5's in -5, had a silly 3-putt bogey from 20ft but overall solid round.

UnfortunatelyΒ lost $10Β πŸ˜›

Mike McLoughlin

69, five birdies, been on a good run lately. Six of the last seven rounds have been even or better.

Mike McLoughlin

68, no bogeys. Wasn't swinging all that great but managed it well. Also got lucky with some of my bad drives.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

I thought last week would go well. Started on Monday with a 77, and went downhill from there, 82, 82, 82, 82, and 82 yesterday. Some were pretty easy 41-41, but yesterdays was 36-46. I'll see what happens in about an hour. On the tee at 8. Then off Monday and Tuesday, then it's back on the course Wednesday-Sunday.

Played for the first time in nearly two months and it showed.

I wasn't expecting much, but the 49 I put up on the front of Kittyhawk GC's Eagle Course, tested my patience a fair bit. I actually wasn't too unhappy with my full swings. The driver was actually pretty solid, but the putter and wedge were nearly useless. Several attempts with the wedge were either chunked or skulled and I three-putted four holes.

It's still off season here, so the scorecard found the trash at the turn.Β 

Β 

Well, that was fun. I moved back a set of tees, 6400 yds, and ended up shooting a 79 (40-39). I think I concentrated a little harder than normal.

I hate everyone posting here when I am looking at snow covered crap!Β  /s

β˜ƒοΈ

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2