Note: This thread is 2433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

How does GameGolf place the pins?

Just taking a guess, when you tag your position on the green, roll youth putt, then tag the next putt, then if you have made the putt, by default the last position tagged has been 2 yards from pin.

Users can edit pin and putts for accuracy if they choose.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Just taking a guess, when you tag your position on the green, roll youth putt, then tag the next putt, then if you have made the putt, by default the last position tagged has been 2 yards from pin.

Yeah. It assumes the pin is about three feet away from your second putt, usually.

I almost always edit the exact location of the hole and my shots.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

19 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah. It assumes the pin is about three feet away from your second putt, usually.

I almost always edit the exact location of the hole and my shots.

Thanks.

It would be nice to have a tag to use to mark the location of the hole.  Perhaps the shape of a coin that could double as a ball marker (or just a tag without the screw that could be in ones pocket).

6 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Thanks.

It would be nice to have a tag to use to mark the location of the hole.  Perhaps the shape of a coin that could double as a ball marker (or just a tag without the screw that could be in ones pocket).

I think this is the most "up-voted" suggestion on their support site.  It could just be done with the putter, marking the last putter tap as a the hole every time.

And while it does usually just stick the pin near your last putt, it does not always do that.  During my last round I chipped it close and one-putted from about 4 feet.  GG said it was a 22ft putt.  Perhaps they assume 1-putts are longer, 3-putts are tap ins and 2-putts are 2 feet.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

35 minutes ago, dsc123 said:

It could just be done with the putter, marking the last putter tap as a the hole every time.

And while it does usually just stick the pin near your last putt, it does not always do that.  During my last round I chipped it close and one-putted from about 4 feet.  GG said it was a 22ft putt.  Perhaps they assume 1-putts are longer, 3-putts are tap ins and 2-putts are 2 feet.

That's what I usually do--an extra tap when I pick up the ball. I just move the pin to that last location (if it's more than a couple feet) and then delete the last "putt" (which wasn't a putt).

GG says the pin is supposed to be in the center of the green, or if you have 2 or more putts they place it within 2 feet of your last putt. But there are a quite a few times I have three taps with my putter and they don't have the pin close--not sure why it works sometimes and not others.

Because hole location changes every day, we do not provide the exact hole location for each green. By default we place the pin in the center of the green, and then place the approximate location of the hole within 2 feet of your second or third putt. There's no need to tag the position of the hole, as we do not provide putting stats in feet (measurements) and instead track how many putts you take, average putts per hole, and average number of 1 putts, 2 putts, 3 putts, etc.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

Thanks.

Why? It's going to be off by several feet anyway (GPS isn't THAT accurate). So just move the flag to where it was. GG approximates it, usually well enough, and then you move it.

I know it's voted up constantly, but it doesn't really make sense: you tap when you take a stroke, not to denote where something is. Then you'd have people chipping in and what… going to get their putter to mark the hole location?

I think it's fine the way it is.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree it's fine the way it's setup. I just edited my last round to see the minimum distance it would read. I could place the pin over the last shot and the distant was blank. When I moved it slightly, I could adjust in increments (feet) the distance. I recall reviews showed putts near the pin showing 2 or 3 feet, with a few at one foot.

Editing is the fun part as a user. Stats are the basics by Game Golf.

• 2 weeks later...

To kick off 2016 and to thank you for being a part of the GAME GOLF  community, enter to win these two once-in-a-lifetime prize packages.

While these packages are exclusive to US-based golfers, we will be announcing more prizes for users outside the US in the coming weeks.

To enter: Simply upload a round of golf using GAME GOLF LIVE by February 15th, 2016.

Yes that’s right, to celebrate the launch of GAME GOLF LIVE, enter to win the chance to join 2003 US Open Champion and GAME GOLF Pro, Jim Furyk, at this exclusive event.

TWO Grand Prize winners will win a trip to the 6th Annual Jim Furyk & Friends Concert and Celebrity Golf Classic on March 13th and 14th, 2016 at Sawgrass Country Club in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.

TWO GRAND PRIZE WINNERS and their friends will tee it up  at Jim Furyk’s Annual Celebrity Golf Classic

http://articles.gamegolf.com/article/pga-tour-pro-jim-furyk-tees-it-up-for-the-launch-of-game-golf-live?inf_contact_key=057f942fb64cc693a32648b0a6492ce40cc17ee68aaf60755bb4ab9324753fa8

WIN AN IN-PERSON LESSON WITH GOLF GURU MARK CROSSFIELD IN LAS VEGAS

TWO LUCKY WINNERS will be flown to Las Vegas to review their GAME GOLF stats and create a lesson plan for improvement

http://articles.gamegolf.com/article/win-an-in-person-lesson-with-golf-guru-mark-crossfield-in-las-vegas?inf_contact_key=a0258168d40dd75092358ed7c7651213c4dc5d0ee7c7ce878af9b3b5e87c112c&inf_contact_key=4040d07bfef5c84093f0a40ff08ac3a34eddec374acac243f50f21e9fc3e2ec7

FYI, Game Golf website offers interesting articles like - How to Set Goals for Your Golf Game Using Stats and Know your true club distances.

But DYK, read this article - "How to Keep Up Your Game Stats as the Temperature Drops" TST @iacas is mentioned with his book "Lowest Score Wins". :beer:

http://articles.gamegolf.com/article/how-to-keep-up-your-game-stats-as-the-temperature-drops

As you nestle by the fire on a cold day, read a book about the sport you love. GAME GOLF recommends “Every Shot Counts” by Mark Broadie. In this book, Broadie, a Columbia business professor, discusses a revolutionary new approach to the game of golf that uses statistics and golf analytics to transform the game. In “Lowest Score Wins” by Erik Barzeski and David Wedzik, techniques, stats and strategies are discussed to shoot lower scores on the golf course.

11 hours ago, Club Rat said:

You'll enjoy using GG, I suggest buying the "New Live" device. I think I read somewhere it was available to loyal customers at a significant discount. Contact GG and inquire.

Can I qualify as a "loyal customer" if I haven't bought anything from them before?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

@Shindig It's very useful. Get one. It'll save you the annoying statistic keeping plus it's Windows and Android friendly!

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Thanks @DrvFrShow ... I completely forgot to think about computer compatibility.  Good thing I didn't order it right away.  

I remember buying a Callaway uPro when the company rep told me it'd work with my OS.  Turns out it didn't.  I was very upset, but fortunately had an old computer that ran an OS compatible with the uPro.  Worked up until they stopped supporting the device.

I have an Android phone, but I prefer to not do things on my phone;  I'd rather use either my desktop or laptop computers.  Their website says it's Windows or OS X so I guess I'm out if that's all they can handle.  I'll email their support crew just in case that isn't an exhaustive list.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

What's your OS?

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

5 hours ago, DrvFrShow said:

What's your OS?

I guess including that detail would have been important.  I run Ubuntu.  

I've already emailed their support to see if they can handle it.

But I'd feel better if I hear that someone is using the system already with that OS after what happened with Callaway a few years ago.

-- Michael | My swing! 

13 hours ago, Shindig said:

I run Ubuntu.

The web base application known as "Dashboard" for reviewing, editing, ect. has nothing to do with OS's.

13 hours ago, Shindig said:

I have an Android phone, but I prefer to not do things on my phone

Phones are an option, the Classic requires no phone to use. Live will give you several features distance to targets, carry, etc,

15 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

The web base application known as "Dashboard" for reviewing, editing, ect. has nothing to do with OS's.

Phones are an option, the Classic requires no phone to use. Live will give you several features distance to targets, carry, etc,

Thanks.  I was confused by their website listing operating systems.  It sounds like I access everything from the web? 

I hate using my phone as a computer when I can avoid it.  It sounds like Live allows my phone to double as a GPS unit without needing "location" to even be on?  That I'm fine with.

-- Michael | My swing! 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

If you don't use your phone, you still have to plug it into a computer to upload your round.

That's still the way I do it even with the LIVE model.

If you have no plans to need to use a computer for that upload step, and are content to use your phone, you should be fine. The editing at gamegolf.com is browser-based, not OS-reliant.

57 minutes ago, iacas said:

The editing at gamegolf.com

Erik, could we start a "How to use Game Golf" thread? for guys to discuss using tips and tricks and for questions.

Like, how or if I can select tees on the mobile?

I just learned/noticed the method on the dashboard. I'm speaking about the Settings Icon. Never noticed or was aware of it.

Note: This thread is 2433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!