iacas

World Handicap System Now Out (2020)

553 posts / 93015 viewsLast Reply

Not sure anyone will know this as it might be app specific.....I have the Golf Canada app so always posted my scores there. However, this year I didnt pay for my club so membership expired a few days ago. I'm not sure I will do the public player route this year. Not sure I see the value....

I still enter my scores in the app anyway though as I like the app for record keeping. Would my scores entered still count for PCC measurement?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So I've had 5 unusually good rounds in June and have noticed two things:

1. Stating the obvious, since it is now best of 8 instead of 10 your handicap can move down much faster than before.
  2. My handicap is now .4 better than it was under the old system - that's the highest differential I've seen so far.

7 hours ago, gbogey said:

Stating the obvious, since it is now best of 8 instead of 10 your handicap can move down much faster than before.

It can. In reality it doesn’t much. No 0.96 either.

On 6/22/2020 at 3:45 PM, cutchemist42 said:

Would my scores entered still count for PCC measurement?

It may take a week or a month before the USGA system Admin removes your Membership.
I doubt the software program will remove you from the system automatically.

You can check your score history to see if they are entered into the system.

20 hours ago, gbogey said:

...So I've had 5 unusually good rounds in June...

At what point does the "unusual" become the "usual"?  Get used to being a "4" and update your "Profile" index! 😉

1 hour ago, bkuehn1952 said:

At what point does the "unusual" become the "usual"?  Get used to being a "4" and update your "Profile" index! 😉

I'll update to "6" since that's where I've been most of the two years.  Let's see how July plays out before believing that today's 4.4 isn't a fluke.

I mean not that it matters because I only use it for myself. But my handicap after my last round, the grint rated at 15.6 replaced a round rated at 19.0 the other seven scores remained the same and my handicap moved up from a 16.5 to a 16.8. Dont know much about the handicap system just wondering if this is normal and something else is involved. 

1 hour ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

I mean not that it matters because I only use it for myself. But my handicap after my last round, the grint rated at 15.6 replaced a round rated at 19.0 the other seven scores remained the same and my handicap moved up from a 16.5 to a 16.8. Dont know much about the handicap system just wondering if this is normal and something else is involved. 

All handicaps take the best 8 of your last 20 rounds, TheGrint included.    Look at the differentials, you'll probably see that the new one replaced a lower score of the 8.   That's why your handicap moved from 16.5 to 16.8.  

1 hour ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

Yes something else is involved. Your handicap should not have increased when one of the used scores decreased. 

2 hours ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

The Grint uses some 2019 scores differently and has a few issues with nine-hole scores.

Get a GHIN number.

I have an eClub.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

The Grint uses some 2019 scores differently and has a few issues with nine-hole scores.

Get a GHIN number.

I have an eClub.

Do you have to start fresh or can you put in back logged scores? Also is there a link to the eclub thing by chance. 

49 minutes ago, DuckDuckFoose said:

Do you have to start fresh or can you put in back logged scores? Also is there a link to the eclub thing by chance. 

It's more a matter of the Grint kind of having a bug in how they're calculating some things, I think.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

It's more a matter of the Grint kind of having a bug in how they're calculating some things, I think.

Yeah I think so as well, last night it told me I was trending to 16.1 which the averages equal out to, but today it was 16.8. Like i said not really a big deal because it's just for me to look at, but was just wondering if anyone had that happen before. Only matches I play that matter are some money matches with buddies.