IGNORED

2016 Hyundai Tournament of Champions Discussion Thread

Club Rat
Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 1/7/2016 at 8:34 AM, Missouri Swede said:

I gather that I'm not the only one who doesn't quite buy into the wrap-around season idea. I understand that they need to put the late autumn statistics and earnings somewhere (and maybe the next year is the best place), but somehow it feels like the season is starting now.

I agree with you - after the Fed Ex cup is awarded the season is over in my mind until the TofC kicks it off again.

All of the other events between seems a lot like "silly season" stuff as it is a mixture of lesser events in the states and in far flung locales. 

On 1/7/2016 at 8:34 AM, Missouri Swede said:

I gather that I'm not the only one who doesn't quite buy into the wrap-around season idea. I understand that they need to put the late autumn statistics and earnings somewhere (and maybe the next year is the best place), but somehow it feels like the season is starting now.

I agree with you - after the Fed Ex cup is awarded the season is over in my mind until the TofC kicks it off again.

All of the other events between seems a lot like "silly season" stuff as it is a mixture of lesser events in the states and in far flung locales. 

Anybody else notice they don't fix divots? I played there a few months back and the carts didn't even have sand. I thought and still do think that is weird. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Would like to see what threw the lei, if this is real.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

9 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That is a tiny car. Look at the grass around the stand.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Pretty sure that's just a tee marker, @nevets88.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

50 minutes ago, iacas said:

Pretty sure that's just a tee marker, @nevets88.

:doh:Me. And because making a giant lei and throwing it over a real car is the stupidest thing ever (you never know the depths of stupid marketing can attain, although this would be pretty epic.)

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

41 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

:doh:Me. And because making a giant lei and throwing it over a real car is the stupidest thing ever (you never know the depths of stupid marketing can attain, although this would be pretty epic.)

Yep... In the business world, marketing is the most powerful divisions of most companies and drives the heart of their decisions and vision. 

I think it's kind of fun to see the different tee markers from sponsors of the different events... Paint cans, tractors, cars, etc.. The cars sitting out in the lake would be the ones that always amaze me. :-) but...   Not to digress from the topic. It's good to see the players out there mixing it up again. Hawaii is nice to see, when I have white death (snow) outside my window.

Dave

Scoring slowed down, Koepka might have a shot, especially with Spieth mis hitting so much.

Reed might I mean

Edited by mtsalmela80

That was a bloodbath. These guys better step it up or Jordan is gonna tear this Tour up again this year. Hopefully Rory is taking notice because I really want to see those two go at it this year. This game needs a good rivalry.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mtsalmela80 said:

Scoring slowed down, Koepka might have a shot, especially with Spieth mis hitting so much.

Reed might I mean

Yes, mishit to 30 under...

:-)

We've got to remember that Tiger in his heyday did a lot of scrambling for his wins. I did not watch much of this tourney, but Jordan hit over 83% of greens and gained 1.83 strokes in putting. As we say around here, golf is hard, and I might add, isn't always pretty. It's about recovering from the not so pretty shots...

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Impressive win.  30 under and 8 strokes from his closest challenger is reminiscent of Tiger in his prime.  I wonder if Jason and Rory can actually play well enough to catch him, provided he maintains this form

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Note: This thread is 3034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!